Pokemon Pokemon Plotholes Discussion Thread

RE: Pokemon Plotholes!

And Heatran can be Male OR Female.
How about shiny Mewtwo/Arceus? Only one of each, yet shiny species are catchable.

Or any of the legendaries! That's a good one! Same with the cards, Rayquaza, Mew, Mewtwo, and Celebi with the gold Stars!

Since when is there more than one mew? Mewtwo doesn't count.

Since when can there be more than one of those two?

DiamondMaster said:
Where do the TM's and HM's go when you want to teach your Pokemon a move?

Known Fact: The disks are the CD of the song "Eye of the Tiger" and it helps them learn the move.

Either that or they have a "Please insert disk" slot. :/

The Power of Three said:

Everyone seems to believe, that for some reason, there is only one of each legendary because they are "legendary".

the only reason for them being called "legendary" is because a long time ago, one of those species did something legendary, or was included in a legend of old, but there are just as many of those Pokémon as any other. There's visual proof in the anime during the Whirl Islands episodes that there are more than one Lugia. During the Pokémon League episodes "A Moltres" was mentioned instead of "THE Moltres". During Pokémon 4Ever, multiple Celebi were seen, and they also mention "A Suicune" instead of "THE Suicune". In Pokemon Heroes (5th movie) multiple Latios and Latias were seen. During the Pokémon Ranger movie, it was made known there are multiple Manaphy's and Phione's. And as the Pokémon Frontier episodes show, there are clearly more than one of each of the Regi's and Bird Trio's. During the 7th movie, "A Rayquaza" was mentioned instead of "THE Rayquaza" and obviously, there's more than one Deoxys as well.

The only pokemon that weren't proven to have more than one are the main legendaries from the 4th generation, Mew, and Mewtwo, however i'm pretty sure that the 3 Mirages have multiple species as well.

You should also know that Arcanine and Ninetales are official legendary pokemon, as mentioned in several episodes and in-game Pokedex entries.

SixaxiS said:
The Power of Three said:

Everyone seems to believe, that for some reason, there is only one of each legendary because they are "legendary".

the only reason for them being called "legendary" is because a long time ago, one of those species did something legendary, or was included in a legend of old, but there are just as many of those Pokémon as any other. There's visual proof in the anime during the Whirl Islands episodes that there are more than one Lugia. During the Pokémon League episodes "A Moltres" was mentioned instead of "THE Moltres". During Pokémon 4Ever, multiple Celebi were seen, and they also mention "A Suicune" instead of "THE Suicune". In Pokemon Heroes (5th movie) multiple Latios and Latias were seen. During the Pokémon Ranger movie, it was made known there are multiple Manaphy's and Phione's. And as the Pokémon Frontier episodes show, there are clearly more than one of each of the Regi's and Bird Trio's. During the 7th movie, "A Rayquaza" was mentioned instead of "THE Rayquaza" and obviously, there's more than one Deoxys as well.

The only pokemon that weren't proven to have more than one are the main legendaries from the 4th generation, Mew, and Mewtwo, however I'm pretty sure that the 3 Mirages have multiple species as well.

You should also know that Arcanine and Ninetales are official legendary pokemon, as mentioned in several episodes and in-game Pokedex entries.

Their are more than one Mew. In a old Pokemon book it was about more than one Mew. The Mews belived that they shouldn't show themselves often because they were "legendary". They rarely showed themselves to humans and that's why they think they're so rare.

Well just Mewtwo, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and Arceus then :p

There's multiple Heatran as well. It's not mentioned in game or anime, but its a more or less commonly known fact.

When they say "A Rayquaza" that does not mean in any way that there are multiple rayquaza. It's only proper that they say "A rayquaza" Because saying *Gasp* "Its THE Rayquaza" doesn't sound right and it sounds stupid.

if there was only one, they could've just said "It's Rayquaza!" and it wouldnt have sounded stupid.

but i checked that part of the movie again, and they clearly said "A Rayquaza" which can only mean there are more than one. (or they assume there's more than one)

Either way, there's way more proof to know that "legendaries" aren't single pokemon.

Why does Chimchar have fire on its tail but Infernape doesn't?

Lol nice one! But seriously why, i know it's a video games and it shouldn't be taken seriously but how could it, its phsycally impossible ^_^

so a small fiery monkey transforming into a bigger more powerful monkey by means of a bright white flash IS physically possible? :p

It's pokemon. Anything is possible.

I have one, when manaphy breeds it makes a phione egg. So how can there be a manaphy egg at all? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I've always thought the thing with the two bikes in emerald was kinda weird. I mean, how can you ride straight up a mountain with a bike? Or, jump off a cliff with the Acro/Mach and land completely unharmed? Never made any sense to me.

Maybe it was a really good bike o_O

So how do you explain manaphy's existence?

And how does all that stuff fit in your bag?

Back