Proposed Forum Restructuring

dmaster said:
There was an official suggestion thread stickied here in the Site Discussion concerning the Forum as a whole, although it was fairly ineffective. To that I blame the members at the time having no reasonable suggestions so the thread died. Maybe it could work now.

dmaster out.
And there is a very high chance that it would be plagued by even more poor suggestions.

That's true as well, making the point and topic of this thread moot.

dmaster out.

This thread contains a few good suggestions, but it's only because WPM started the discussion and attracted many members to come and state their views. In that thread, most of them...

You know what, never mind.

We're going to schedule a two-hour Skype conference sometime soon where anyone can come on Skype and talk to us about how they think the forums can be improved... or something like that.

WPM I don't have a webcam. How are you going to do it for those that do not have a webcam or SKYPE? More than half the members here don't have either the program or webcam. Will you have a little chat room open during that time? Like a chat box like some of the clans have here? If you make a chat box for those that don't have SKYPE or a webcam then those members can chat about our ideas to you as well as the SKYPE members. You can create your own chat box. I think you have to go to one of the clans that has one then make your own during that time.:)

xxashxx said:
WPM I don't have a webcam. How are you going to do it for those that do not have a webcam or SKYPE? More than half the members here don't have either the program or webcam. Will you have a little chat room open during that time? Like a chat box like some of the clans have here? If you make a chat box for those that don't have SKYPE or a webcam then those members can chat about our ideas to you as well as the SKYPE members. You can create your own chat box. I think you have to go to one of the clans that has one then make your own during that time.:)

This is a common misconception - you do not need a webcam to use Skype. All you need is a microphone and Skype installed to use it.

Also, Skype is a much better way to communicate than using a chatroom. Voice-to-voice conversations > text.

I really like this idea, WPM. I'll definitely be there to voice my opinions.

Galefail said:
This is a common misconception - you do not need a webcam to use Skype. All you need is a microphone and Skype installed to use it.

Also, Skype is a much better way to communicate than using a chatroom. Voice-to-voice conversations > text.

I really like this idea, WPM. I'll definitely be there to voice my opinions.

I don't have a microphone. I have headphones with a mic and they barely work so I only use them for hearing.:)

All you need to have is Skype downloaded. From there you can use the chat box, and of course, listen in while the other people are talking.

Limitless said:
All you need to have is Skype downloaded. From there you can use the chat box, and of course, listen in while the other people are talking.

And all you need to chat with is a microphone. Having a Microphone cum Headphones are quite ideal for podcasts.

Cool idea WPM. Since a lot of members on here have skype, I think they will enjoy being able to talk to everybody about forum info and other topics. :D
WP

Wariopower said:
Cool idea WPM. Since a lot of members on here have skype, I think they will enjoy being able to talk to everybody about forum info and other topics. :D
WP

That's the funny part. When you said a lot of members have Skype. I'm always excluded in those "lots of members."

But it is a good idea. Getting people to quit typing and getting to hear other people in person (sorta) seems to be good in terms of discussion.

I don't have Skype either, so I can't put my input on the forum. I think it's too much of a hassle, so I don't plan on downloading it.

All I have is Skype on my phone, but I still plan to tune in to hear ideas, just maybe not talk too much XP A word or two, but Skype sucks on my phone, so yeah =/

Water Pokémon Master said:
We're going to schedule a two-hour Skype conference sometime soon where anyone can come on Skype and talk to us about how they think the forums can be improved... or something like that.

That sounds awesome.

When is this happening? I would like to hear what others have to say about the site.

I see one change (or two, I dunno) already. Hmmm... in the Trade Corner, I spy with my little eyes Slateport Market and Buyers Paradise. Although I don't really trade across Pokebeach, I'm assuming this is a good idea keeping the Trade Corner nice and organized.

How about Buyers Plaza and Pokemon center for trades or something. Maybe Pokemon Center would fit better in the Wi-Fi Plaza. Wait I just had a great idea. Under the Gaming discussion forum We can have Wi-Fi Plaza for trading the Pokemon over the DS in D/P/PL as a Sub Forum. That would work perfectly and the Trading Corner could be call Trading Spotlight since that is for trading cards only. These are great I deas I just now thought of.:)

xxashxx said:
Hopw about Buyers Plaza and Pokemon center for trades or something. Maybe Pokemon Center would fit better in the Wi-Fi Plaza. Wait I just had a great idea. Under the Gaming discussion forum We can have Wi-Fi Plaza for trading the Pokemon over the DS in D/P/PL as a Sub Forum. That would work perfectly and the Trading Corner could be call Trading Spotlight since that is for trading cards only. These are great I deas I just now thought of.:)

They are trying to have as few sub-forums as possible.

Charizard88 said:
They are trying to have as few sub-forums as possible.

You can't have a forum and expect the fewest sub forums as possible otherwise pages of thread will be too long and will be harder to find threads. If they are going to have the fewest as possible I hope the are combining the battle and trade section and call it the Wi-Fi Plaza as it will be the easiest way to find everything Wi-Fi Related. Also they can add all of it under the Diamond/Pearl and Platinum discussion and Call it D/P/Platinum Wi-Fi Plaza so everything Wi-Fi and everything related to the games are in one big forum. For this to work there has to be 2 sub forums at least. This is the only way to do this.:)

Back