Rise of Ampharos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catutie

Ahhhhh back.....er....kind of
so with the new format, we all know that there will be many energy attaching decks with emboar and feraligatr but could this

105-ampharos.jpg

be the answer to those decks? with every energy they stack damage on there pokemon. maybe a 1-1-1 line in future decks? could it have potential?

my girlfriend is actually running ampharos with zekrom. and its a real pain to play against.
especially since im playing a reshiboar deck

ampharos is a fun card, and it really limits alot of upcoming decks that require more than 1 energy to attack

^i like that idea. reshiboar is most likely going to be Tier 1 so many will be running it and ampharos will put them back. the only deck i can think of that wont get to hurt to much is somthing like jumpluff or cinniccino.

It's a really nice card. To be honest I've never actually considered it as a counter to Emboar or Feraligatr abusing decks, but the more I think about it, the more I like it :)

ampharos decks are very annoying to play against. its so easily set up with mareep's static electricity attack, and if you put 4 rare candies and 4 prof elms, u can get 1-3 ampharos set up by turn 3 or t4

I think it depends on one's meta and how the tiers work out after the rotation. Until then, we will have no way of knowing how good it will be against the meta.

^even if they don't, Ampharos gets itself the needed energy t1, then if you survive their first turn, candy into ampharos and start hitting for 80, or 40 and removing their energy. pair it with lost remover to get rid of pesky rescue, rainbow, double colorless, special dark, andspecial metal energies and you have something they really have a hard time dealing with.

^eh ampharos isnt to much of an attacker. actually he is quite bad but to sit on the bench...its awesome

if you have 4 out, it's a guaranteed OHKO on blastoise. If heads, 160 damage from weakness. If tails, hit for 80, they lose an energy card. Then if they want to attack again they have to Drop down 3 energy (or 4 if you removed their DCE) to attack again, and that's 120 added. Emboar without ability, same thing. 40 + 120 to attack again = KO. But if they use typhlosion prime instead, they're in the clear. It stacking is what makes it awesome. Even if you only put 1 in, it at least puts most pokemon that wouldn't be in the OHKO range into the OHKO range.

I think Ampharos is really good (I bought 6 yesterday). Against Reshiram, it is a huge pain, basically insuring a KO every turn. They can usually be set up by T3. The attack isn't to bad, but for {L}{L}{L}, its not good.

glaceon said:
I think Ampharos is really good (I bought 6 yesterday). Against Reshiram, it is a huge pain, basically insuring a KO every turn. They can usually be set up by T3. The attack isn't to bad, but for {L}{L}{L}, its not good.

Ampharos's attack cost {L}{C}{C}. Do you run DCE with it?

I'm beginning to like the fact that people thought what was a terrible card overshadowed by Donphan and Feraligatr Prime is now an anti-meta card.

Now, would Zoroark possibly be a good add-on to Ampharos if you only run one? Place a bit of damage with Ampharos, then finish off the Reshiram/Zekrom with Zoroark copying their second attack.

So you could run a 1-0-1 Amphy and a 1-1 Zoroark to be an efficient counter to ReshiBoar, Zekrom Donk, and BlastGatr...
Only takes up 4 spaces.
Gotta love techs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back