Rogue Deck Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone given thought to Salamence?

Salamence DRV rips their hand to four on your turn with Scornful Storm, and Shred hits for 90 straight up. Salamence PLB has Breakwing (goodbye, Tools, and it's not Plasma, so goodbye Silver Mirror), and Gaia Crush is a 100 damage answer to the Stadium war. Their only weakness is Dragon-types, and Salamence PLB's atrocious Retreat cost. I'm playing a control deck with him right now, and the Plasma matchup is very close in my favor. I'm currently 4-2 against the Plasma decks at my League, which I know isn't representative of the field as a whole, but I feel good about the deck. Both players are fairly competitive, and their decks are both well-built. There are still some pieces of the deck that are escaping me, but I think that XY and Flashfire should give some more options to the deck.

I think Magnezone with Dual Brain could see play, at least as a 1-1 line to take full advantage of Lysandre.

The deck I'm thinking of uses a 4-2-4 line with 2 duel brain magnezone and 2 of "bad" magnezone for energy acceleration to power up attackers (Zekrom, Mewtwo, or even Furfrou for added energy removal). 4 Lysandre, 4 Team Flare Grunt, some other draw supporters, some item based draw, and maybe a 1-1 Delphox line. The idea would be to take advantage of disruption supporters and overwhelm an opponent. Don't know how viable it would be and don't even have a (Hypothetical) decklist, but I'm pitching the idea out here.

^ There's a really great Decklist in the Deck Garage that combines Magnezone with Trevenant, which in all honesty is pure evil. Is there any deck viable with Fliptini? I thought that thing would make somewhat of a splash, but so far, nope.

What about a Chandelure NVI deck with 4 Switch, 4 Escape Rope, 4 Float Stone, Vanilluxe NXD, and Sableye? A really intense damage spread.

blaZofgold said:
^ There's a really great Decklist in the Deck Garage that combines Magnezone with Trevenant, which in all honesty is pure evil. Is there any deck viable with Fliptini? I thought that thing would make somewhat of a splash, but so far, nope.

Wow, I never thought to use Magnezone for the attack as well. That's a clever idea. For Fliptini, there's flipz (Doom Decree Gothitelle) or you could combo it with something like Vanilluxe (PLF). There are also a few obscure combos (decreasing the odds of Stoutland hurting himself with wild tackle). Another card it could work with is Furfrou (better odds of discarding energy). I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting, but those are the ones that stick out.

Ohhhhh! Who thinks Vileplume BCR could be used to totally troll people? Any move that deals 50 damage (30 + Muscle, 20 + Bangle) could OHKO even the most resilient EX's.

I've seen people try it. It's pretty fun from what I've heard.

*Goes back to looking at Hand Scope and thinking of better ways to use it

I think vileplume needs something that can change it's type to really take advantage of the ability. The potential is definitely there.

Even something that could change it's type based on the type of energy attached would be a step in the right direction. It would only need a 20 for 1 attack and with some professors letter, you could get the energy you need.

blaZofgold said:
Where is Kecleon RR when you need him? Seriously.

Anyways, I could see a Vileplume deck with techs of Deoxys, Pawniard, Entei, Kyurem, Nosepass, Combee, Cobalion, Thundurus, and Latios completely pissing some people off.

Actually, Genesect LTR, Flareon PLF/Reshiram, Kyurem-EX PLB, Thundurus-EX, Mewtwo-EX/Mewtwo LTR, Landorus-EX, Yveltal XY, Cobalion-EX and Rayquaza DRV are the best due to it's energy requirements. They hit for 200 with Muscle Band almost always, except for Reshiram that should have damage, but a Rainbow should put him where it should. And also that Rayquaza hits for 240, KO'ing MCharizard-EX. That way you just play 4 Rainbow, 4 Double Colorless and 2-4 Prism.

Luispipe8 said:
Actually, Genesect LTR, Flareon PLF/Reshiram, Kyurem-EX PLB, Thundurus-EX, Mewtwo-EX/Mewtwo LTR, Landorus-EX, Yveltal XY, Cobalion-EX and Rayquaza DRV are the best due to it's energy requirements. They hit for 200 with Muscle Band almost always, except for Reshiram that should have damage, but a Rainbow should put him where it should. And also that Rayquaza hits for 240, KO'ing MCharizard-EX. That way you just play 4 Rainbow, 4 Double Colorless and 2-4 Prism.
Nice try. MCharizard-EX has Fairy weakness. Close, but no cigar.

You're right about the Pokemon. I don't know how I missed Landorus EX, or Yveltal and Mewtwo for that matter.

This toolbox deck sounds pretty fun. 4 Rainbow, 4 Prism, some Blend energies, and you're set.

We don't have any Basic Fairy Pokemon that hits for 30 with one energy or 2 Colorless. The closest is Spritzee that hits for 20 for [C][C]. And you forgot the 4 DCE.

I'm having fun with a Gourgeist/Chandelure EX/Dusknoir deck. It works like a normal spread deck, but has a trick up it's sleeve with Gorgeists second attack. You could do things like moving all the damage away from the active before KOing it with spirit scream/laser combo. It's amazing how well both attacks work with dusknoir.

Only problem would be that Espeon from Dark Explorers. It effectively blocks every attack the deck has (though dusknoir and lasers still work).

Hahahaha. Pooka played a variant of gorgeist and it was hilarious #6prizeturn. It sounds like a good deck and maybe has some strength, but I don't think its very competitive. Also, your espeon problem is kinda the same as Flygons' serperior problem. If this ever becomes an archtype, people will tech espeon. If flygon ever gets big, people will tech Serperior, and back it falls. I like the deck though. #WeavileEggsPleaseComeBackToMe

^

Oh I remember that. Looks like he used Gardevoir which might not be a bad idea (as a 1/1). Another problem the deck has is dark decks. It takes little effort for Yveltal to KO your Chandelure EX, and considering how popular Yveltal and dark decks are...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back