Rogue Deck Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like gallade gardevior. Deck ideas are great. How about, hooh/gardevoir/gallade. It could work, although I think it'd need beach. Also, while I'm thinking about it, scizor is still kinda viable. Well, that's a lie, not viable, but still a cool deck.

I've been feeling pretty good with my Zoroark Deck, but for when Skyla, Scrapper, Sableye and FP Zoroark get removed possibly during Rotation, It'll hurt me quite a bit.

ShayminTails said:
I've been feeling pretty good with my Zoroark Deck, but for when Skyla, Scrapper, Sableye and FP Zoroark get removed possibly during Rotation, It'll hurt me quite a bit

Again, ShayminTails, Skyla won't leave unless is PLS-On. :p

I'd really love to play a soft Deck Control deck with non-ability Machamp from Plasma Blast and Salmence from Dragon Vault, but as far as I know right now, there's no way Decks today can find space for two different species of Stage 2 Pokémon.

PumpedAaron said:
I'd really love to play a soft Deck Control deck with non-ability Machamp from Plasma Blast and Salmence from Dragon Vault, but as far as I know right now, there's no way Decks today can find space for two different species of Stage 2 Pokémon.

Well, they do, actually, you just have to make sure you don't run 4-4-4 of each, go with 3-1-3 of each, a couple Big Basic/EX(Terrakion, Terrakion-EX, Landorus-EX or even Tornadus-EX PLF might work) to both put some pressure and tank on your first turns, basic Supporter/Item line and tweak it to perfection. ;)

pokedan24 said:
I'm having fun with a Gourgeist/Chandelure EX/Dusknoir deck. It works like a normal spread deck, but has a trick up it's sleeve with Gorgeists second attack. You could do things like moving all the damage away from the active before KOing it with spirit scream/laser combo. It's amazing how well both attacks work with dusknoir.

Only problem would be that Espeon from Dark Explorers. It effectively blocks every attack the deck has (though dusknoir and lasers still work).
Darkrai-Yveltal and VirGen decks both give Gourgeist decks fits since those Dark Poké can easily get more energy into play faster and 1HKO any Gourgeist deck Poké and Virizion EX provides Status Condition protection. After lots of playtesting, I decided that Chandelure did not add that much value to my deck vs. a few other Poké. Checkout Leafeon and Landorus EX - they both turned the Yveltal-Darkrai and Virizion EX deck matchups from a near autoloss to much more favorable odds, IMHO.

I've got a deck idea that I want you guys to check out... So here it is!

Pokemon:
  • 3-3 Gourgeist
  • 3 Mewtwo EX
  • 3-3 Garbodor w/ Garbotoxin
Trainers:
  • 3 Juniper
  • 2 Shauna
  • 2 Colress
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Great Ball
  • 2 Rocky Helmet
  • 1 Dowsing Machine
  • 2 Rescue Scarf
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 2 Hard Charm
  • 3 Hypnotoxic
  • 3 Virbank
  • 2 Catcher
  • 3 Switch
Energy:
  • 8 Physic
  • 4 DCE

I've been trying out a deck with Snorlax and the Chandelure from Plasma Freeze. I also run a few Deoxys EX and a Tornadus EX for draw power. The goal of the deck is to get a snorlax powered up with chandelure and then teampact. The deck is really bad because you lose so many energy when you die, but its really fun :D.

A deck I've been play testing lately is quad delphox with blacksmith supporter next set plus flame torch and mystical fire the deck has incredible draw power and speed. My theory for why the deck can work is simple, the same reason that empoleon can work without beach is self drawing power. Plus with blacksmith you can power up a delphox in 1 turn to hit 110+.

I've debated tossing in a 1-0-1 emboar line to help with acceleration but I'm having trouble finding space. I also run a. 2-2 leafeon line to help the blastoise matchup. Plus it has a great favor against VirGen.

Cortel II said:
I've debated tossing in a 1-0-1 emboar line to help with acceleration but I'm having trouble finding space. I also run a. 2-2 leafeon line to help the blastoise matchup. Plus it has a great favor against VirGen.
I've also found Leafeon to be a good counter in lots of other matchups where my opponent needs to "stockpile" energy, like Yveltal, Darkrai, Fairies, etc.

An idea I've been toying around with is some sort of Palkia EX hit and run deck. I already built a failed deck using Palkia/Sigilyph/Latias. The idea was to take advantage of pokemon that can protect themselves. Sigilyph is safe against EX heavy decks and a silver mirror keeps it safe from plasma pokemon as well. Meanwhile, Latias can't be touched by pokemon with abilities. Unfortunately, I ended up against some kind of raichu deck. A pokemon that's neither plasma, EX, nor has an ability. And when you're struggling to do 90 damage for 3 energy this is a huge problem.

Another possibility is to team Palkia up with disruptive pokemon. I've seen Palkia used with Snorlax to block retreating, but there are also things like Froslass (against other plasma decks) and trevenant. I'll have to see how that works.

Update: I've come up with a Palkia/Snorlax/Deoxys/Trevenent/Sigilyph deck and it seems to do well. Palkia can hit and run and switch out to either Snorlax (retreat lock), Trevenant (item lock) or Sigilyph (immunity to EXes). Deoxys and muscle band help boost strafe to deal more respectable damage (it's also a darn good attacker when it needs to be) and best of all, everything uses psychic energy (4 psychic/DCE/and Plasma) does the trick. There's also Keldeo/float stone for easier retreating, scramble switch as the ace spec, and I'm also toying with Genesect and Shadow Triad to take advantage of red signal. I'll test the deck more to see how it works, but it seems to work. Everything seems to click.

I'm also thinking of another version using water energy. This will use Suicune and Froslass (the latter being good against the upcoming Pyroar). In the past, I would have denounced Palkia as the worst EX, but I now see how amazing it is for rogue decks.

Reuniclus has been around for quite a while folks! And with Mr Mime PLF and the Catcher Errata, I bet some powerful Decks will involve the super-celled Pokémon! I've already come up with a tough & cool Deck that can tank and heal like a charm, for example, among other things! Anybody else trying it out?

Think of combos with Max Potion, for example.

PumpedAaron said:
Reuniclus has been around for quite a while folks! And with Mr Mime PLF and the Catcher Errata, I bet some powerful Decks will involve the super-celled Pokémon! I've already come up with a tough & cool Deck that can tank and heal like a charm, for example, among other things! Anybody else trying it out?

Think of combos with Max Potion, for example.
Honestly my only problem with it is that Aromatisse does the same thing but better. Aromatisse provide manipulation, can heal, prevents KO's, and is a stage one. Reuniclus is a stage 2 that doesn't provide manipulation.

I've come up with my own type of deck, revolving mostly around Gourgeist and both of it's attacks, coupled with a Sinister Hand Dusknoir or a Hypnotoxic Laser. With just Gourgeist and Laser, it's got the ability to knock out absolutely anything in the game. If status effects are being blocked at the moment, all it'll take is two attacks anyway, to kill anything.

Gourgeist's first attack spreads damage around very fast for 1 psychic energy, being usually around 80 to 100 damage on the board. Two of those is usually enough damage on the field to knock out any EX, once Dusknoir is out on the field. It's also very disruptive, as I don't have to go for an EX, instead I can go for the smaller, easier to pick off targets, like small basics.

Second attack is where you really smash things around. With poison damage, even without Dusknoir or Virbank, it's an automatic OHKO. Even Sturdy pokemon aren't immune to it.

Add in a Darkrai (might take it out, honestly), some Super Rods, and you have a really good prize trade, and can take prizes before even attacking. Still tweaking it to it's maximum, but overall, I utterly love how the deck runs. I think Lysandre is going to be a bit of a problem, but then again, Catcher doesn't even do much to me. It pulls off lategame wins so unexpectedly.

Yeah, I've been thinking about that myself. If you don't laser and you use Gourgeist's second attack on an EX, that's 160-170 damage on board for Dusknoir to move around to whatever you want.

I have a similar deck that runs 4-4 Gourgeist and I have two strategies for it. The first is to just Spirit Scream with a Laser to KO an active EX, or I can get a couple Eerie voice off to soften benched EX Pokemon, Catcher them up, and use LugiaEX for an easy 3 prizes. It works pretty smoothly, and I Frozen city also helps get some damage flowing before Lugia comes out.

In playing Gourgeist against Darkrai-Yveltal or Yvetal-Garbodor decks, I've found that I needed other Poke to avoid a near "autoloss" matchups against these Dark decks. Also, VirGen deck matchups are also quite tough since those Poke will be most likely be immune to poison.

I finally tried a poison toolbox kind of deck. The main tool is Virbank gym to increase poison damage, but with the increase in poisoning pokemon (Toxicroak EX and even Qwilfish), and Dragalge to prevent retreating, it can function well. I also have Mewtwo EX, Toxicroak (revenge), and Sigilyph to deal with the Virizion matchup. Still not a game breaking deck, but fun to play none the less.

Has anyone had luck with a deck centered around energy removal, basically TDK, but with hammers and flare grunt? It seems possible with the recent cards, however I'm not sure how it can stand against acceleration such as rayboar or Stoke charizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back