rotation

which roation do you like more for next season?

• DP-on

Votes: 28 41.8%
  • SW-on

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • GE-on

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • MD-on

Votes: 17 25.4%

• Total voters
FireMeowth said:
I want a Plat-on. That would be more awesome than words can describe.

Every deck will be SP. That'd be so funny come Worlds.

dmaster out.

If anything is rotated, it will be MT and DP (IMO). SW was when they started splitting our English sets to fit in with movies and limits, so don't you think they should all be rotated at once?

why would they leave the rotation until next year?, because so many good cards and strategy's will fall apart? excuse me but isn't that the point so that the game doesn't just become the same combinations over and over.
If they choose not to rotate this year we'll just get the whole "well everything turned out last year when they didn't rotate why do it this year" argument and if for some bizarre reason PUSA decided to listen we'd be stuck in the same situation as yugioh where some combinations become so broken that they become banned and every moans about that and the fact we actually have a ban list thats more than 3 cards long

I like variation, variation makes learning.:D

Why should we be opposed to learning. Learning is how we become better players...So what if you suddenly can't play your favourite card...find an alternative.

I agree with what your saying, a lot of combinations in Yugioh are broken and the cards are normally horridly expensive, and thats why Pokemon is more fun, we don't have to spend half your soul on a card you might only be able to use for a year.
If we didnt try different techniques and stratergys then we wouldnt learn and therefore, because we haven't challenged ourselves we don't improve.

I honestly wish it would never rotate. It makes people spend money for cards, just to learn and play them. If they don't rotate it this year, they should stop it completely IMO.

dmaster out.

I hope they keep it DP-on for another year, Dusknoir DP is very valuable, as well as some other cards people don't pay much attention to.

I'm speculating that GE will not be rotated out- Take the new porygon-z promo, for instance. IIRC, there aren't any more porygon lines in the current or upcoming sets, and a rotation that cycles out GE would in turn make a brand new promo card unplayable for a while, which I can't see happening (unless it's happened before...this is my first rotation experience)

My only concern with rotation is money, and as a college student, it's hard to get all the cards I want to play with the resources I have :/ I really don't want to buy that new blister pack if I won't be able to use the porygon-z in two months

GE IS getting rotated out. For the most part, I'm happy about this( I hate Claydol's poke-power) the only thing that I'm depressed about being rotated out is the unown g.

darkrai master777 said:
GE IS getting rotated out. For the most part, I'm happy about this( I hate Claydol's poke-power) the only thing that I'm depressed about being rotated out is the unown g.

Please don't say things like this unless you have a good source to back your claims up. Try to only post speculation if possible

nardd said:
darkrai master777 said:

Please don't say things like this unless you have a good source to back your claims up. Try to only post speculation if possible
Although I may not be able to come up with proof currently, I can actually say that I heard this from a couple of VERY reliable sources. For now, though, I suggest you(and I as well) wait patiently for them to state what I know is true: that GE is getting rotated out.

IF they rotate GE out, machamp would run rampage.
if they rotate GE out, they should also rotate SF out.

and think about all the level X we would lose, torterra wouldn't be played anymore, same for empoleon, magortar, electivire, honchcrow, gardevoir, darkrai, palkia, cresselia, ad those are only the ones still usable in decks, and without, those decks wouldnever be played.

red blastoise said:
IF they rotate GE out, machamp would run rampage.
if they rotate GE out, they should also rotate SF out.

and think about all the level X we would lose, torterra wouldn't be played anymore, same for empoleon, magortar, electivire, honchcrow, gardevoir, darkrai, palkia, cresselia, ad those are only the ones still usable in decks, and without, those decks wouldnever be played.
SF out? wouldn't be pointless just make the game from platinum on onwardsbecause i don't think they'll ever leave a gap in what sets get rotated.

I think it will be MD on, and that's what I want it to be.

The logo thing for MD is different than previous sets, which suggests the format to change that way.

The only reason it has to stay DP-on is because of diversity, each set seems to be better than the previous (and also helps a lot of previously unplayable decks), so the metagame probably won't grow stale and boring if they don't rotate. But DP-on does mean that there are a lot of extra cards at our disposal. Weavile SW helps a lot of decks which otherwise wouldn't be able to do anything at all, and provides an aid against ghost-based decks. Dusknoir DP is always a very handy tech, and unown G is essential against stuff like Dusknoir, Gengar, and Machamp.

A limited amount of sets means a limited amount of viable decks, if a new Plox arises anytime soon, the chances of there being a counter against it are greater when there are more sets at our disposal.

They Might be Hypnos

Heavenly Spoon --- of course kids should be careful who they meet online... and most of us are Hypnos!

I am so interested in the rotation -- I can hardly contain myself.

I got back into Pokemon last year and went gung-ho on DP-On cards...

I believe they will rotate some sets out -- don't they always?

My opinion ---

Diamond and Pearl --- Rotated Out
Mysterious Treasures --- Rotated Out
Secret Wonders --- Rotated Out

Great Encounters -- tough one... ummm... Rotated Out

Majestic Dawn --- Staying
Legends Awakened --- Staying
Storm Front --- Staying

Platinum --- Staying
Rising Rivals --- Staying

Assuming another release in August... the new format would start in September with 6 sets and by the time Worlds rolls around next year, there would be 9 playable sets -- 3 from DP & 6 from Pt.

At Worlds this year, there will be 9... rotating out 4 sets will keep the format size pretty consistent.

darkrai master777 said:
nardd said:
darkrai master777 said:

Although I may not be able to come up with proof currently, I can actually say that I heard this from a couple of VERY reliable sources. For now, though, I suggest you(and I as well) wait patiently for them to state what I know is true: that GE is getting rotated out.

That didn't really help your argument, since you didn't name your "reliable sources," but I do agree we should wait and not worry too much.

I'm just afraid to buy the earlier sets until I know what's happening since I don't think I'll be able to make it to any more premier events except spring BRs.

And the level X comment made sense as well from a few users up... getting rid of too many sets would leave so many pokemon without a strong, useable form and severely cripple a lot of decks (like grass decks is GE sceptile is gone)

If they rotate out MT, Froslass LA will be unplayable, even though it's in the format. If they rotate out GE, Porygon-Z promo will be unplayable even though it's in the format. Therefore there should be no rotation, unless it's just DP lol.

Meaty said:
If they rotate out MT, Froslass LA will be unplayable, even though it's in the format. If they rotate out GE, Porygon-Z promo will be unplayable even though it's in the format. Therefore there should be no rotation, unless it's just DP lol.

That's what I'm hoping for! Diversity is good for the metagame, and being on par with japan's rotation sounds like a good idea as well

Mike Liesik posted in teh Gym that POP is looking at all rotations and not to get rid of any of our collection.

Back