Scovillain ex, Lake Guardians, Clemont, and More Illustration Rares Revealed from “Supercharged Breaker!”

Why would Scovillian would receive a new ex? Is that popular? I dont remember other Pokemon that received another 2 prize pokemon in the same generation, only if your name is Greninja or Charizard but Scovillian is a weird choose, I dont hate the Pokemon and the card concept is interesting but dont like that much that they picked Scovillian

There are a few stage 1 fire Pokemon that did not have a 2 prize rules card yet
Pyroar
Darmanitan
Galarian Darmanitan Zen Mode
Magmortar

Would have been nice to have a Darmanitan ex...

Last edited:
Why would Scovillian would receive a new ex? Is that popular? I dont remember other Pokemon that received another 2 prize pokemon in the same generation, only if your name is Greninja or Charizard but Scovillian is a weird choose, I dont hate the Pokemon and the card concept is interesting but dont like that much that they picked Scovillian

Pyroar
Darmanitan
Magmortar

There are a bunch this generation, Skeledirge, Cyclizar, Revavroom. But at least some of them are promos (or like the paradox Donphan they gained the paradox attribute in their second card) so it's a bit understandable that some gen IX pokemon get two during the debut of the generation. Revavroom is the one that was just odd

good cards! if only scovillain was tera psychic. might try to shove him into my Gardevoir deck with damage pump for funsies

Pyroar
Darmanitan
Magmortar

To be fair, although they are not 2 prize rule cards, Magmortar and Pyroar still did get some special cards in Magmortar LV.X and Pyroar BREAK.

And as @Alex Hesketh said there has been a few cards to get multiple 2-prize cards in the same gen. For this generation alone the list includes:

2 ex: Armarouge, Charizard (one Tera, one not), Cyclizar (one Tera, one not), Great Tusk (one Ancient, one not), Iron Treads (one Future, one not), Lucario, Melmetal, Revavroom (one Tera, one not), Scovillain (one grass, one fire), Skeledirge (one Tera, one not)
3 ex: Greninja (one Tera, two not), Koraidon (one Ancient, two not), Miraidon (one Future, two not), Pikachu (one Tera, two not)
4 ex: Ogerpon (one for each form)

In addition to those mentioned above, Pikachu, Lugia, Tyranitar, Lucario, Noivern, Tapu Koko, Mimikyu, Koraidon, and Clodsire are all about to receive (presumably) another new ex card, which will be the second, third, or fourth ex card for that Pokemon in the ex Starter Deck Generations.

In the end I think that as much as I too would have wanted a Darmanitan ex (or some Zen Mode love), I am just happy that Scovillain gets some more love instead of it being something more "regular" like a Starter or a Legendary Pokemon.

Last edited:
Scramble Switch potentially seems really good with Stellar Tera Pokemon. This was a good Ace Spec to reprint, even if it is a little bit overshadowed by Prime Catcher

I just want a regular Hydrapple card in this set and hopefully the Pecharunt normal print is still part of this set too.

I'm not convinced we're getting Pecharunt like Japan is because we already had it as a promo. But.....it'd give us a wider English release. So, maybe?

I just want a regular Hydrapple card in this set and hopefully the Pecharunt normal print is still part of this set too.

I'm not convinced we're getting Pecharunt like Japan is because we already had it as a promo. But.....it'd give us a wider English release. So, maybe?
It’s the last SV related set. We will likely get a hydrapple. Peacharunt is out - it was already a promo for us.

As per usual the pokemon company never puts effort in with their poster child. The SAR and SR pikachu are fudging IDENTICAL. WHY ARE THEY BOTH TERRA TYPES? The SAR could have been anything than what is shown... holy shit this pisses me off. Vivid fudging voltage 2.0!
Uhm this is set 8 of SV. I hope you noticed by now that the SIR is always that - and art version of the regular ex in the set. Much like the ARs, FAs and gold cards are always a rarer version of a normal card of the set. What you getting at?

Of course Pecharunt will not be in the set, no black star promo ever gets released in a set.

the last time that the lake guardians got **any** form of respect in art form in TCG is all the way in 2008. Give the other two the due treatment.

while we are at it, full art Moltres (Kanto), Regice, Deoxys-A, Emamorus-I, and Diancie Mega does not exist either. My full art collection of mythicals and legends cannot be complete until TPCi give these Pokemon the due respect it deserves.

For the record, Skuntank: A Pokemon that no one asks for to have a AA, also all the way back from the same time, got a nicely drawn AA before the lake guardians. What kind of rubbish is that?

Untitled1.pngUntitled2.png

Last edited:
I know promos aren't in sets. Doesn't mean they can't change it to an uncommon, non-promo card.
Unless they come up with a print with different artwork it will not be in the set. Also, the fact that the set is 191 and not 192 cards means that there was a cut card (Pecharunt).

Unless they come up with a print with different artwork it will not be in the set. Also, the fact that the set is 191 and not 192 cards means that there was a cut card (Pecharunt).
Sorry for the ignorance on my part, but what exactly is making up the original 192 before the Pecharunt cut then? I know this set consists of supercharged breaker and paradise dragona. But I guess I'm not understanding where this "192" count is coming from. I'm not sure if my question is making any sense.

Sorry for the ignorance on my part, but what exactly is making up the original 192 before the Pecharunt cut then? I know this set consists of supercharged breaker and paradise dragona. But I guess I'm not understanding where this "192" count is coming from. I'm not sure if my question is making any sense.
106 cards from Supercharged Breaker, 64 from Paradise Dragona, 20 from the ex decks. By the numbers of exs we know that there should be 2 exs added, one being Flamigo which means Tyme should be in the set too. This brings the total to 193. Zapdos was cut for a promo so 192.

Uhm this is set 8 of SV. I hope you noticed by now that the SIR is always that - and art version of the regular ex in the set. Much like the ARs, FAs and gold cards are always a rarer version of a normal card of the set. What you getting at?
Here’s an idea, try reading with comprehension, and you’d get the point.

What I’m saying is that the Pokémon Company needs to step up their game when it comes to the art style. I couldn’t care less if it’s Terra type or whatever—they’re cranking out the same boring cards with a barely different pose. Meanwhile, TCG Pocket is killing it with art that actually slaps, while the physical cards are stuck with lazy, uninspired scraps. It’s embarrassing.

This hyped up set for is for nothing. Paradise dragona was good, different mons finally getting show time with pretty decent art. The pikachu side of surging sparks leaves so much to be desired.

Here’s an idea, try reading with comprehension, and you’d get the point.

What I’m saying is that the Pokémon Company needs to step up their game when it comes to the art style. I couldn’t care less if it’s Terra type or whatever—they’re cranking out the same boring cards with a barely different pose. Meanwhile, TCG Pocket is killing it with art that actually slaps, while the physical cards are stuck with lazy, uninspired scraps. It’s embarrassing.

This hyped up set for is for nothing. Paradise dragona was good, different mons finally getting show time with pretty decent art. The pikachu side of surging sparks leaves so much to be desired.
🥱 And to think we'll have to deal with people like this until pocket decides to release more unpopular pokemon and then theyll complain there as well . Also literally said: "WHY ARE THEY BOTH TERRA TYPES?" it is literally impossible for them to make an alt version when one isnt the tera , not terra btw, mechanic. Anyways not worth it to deal with what seems like a troll ig

Back