XY Shiny Pokémon Mechanics: Less Rare in X / Y

RE: Shiny Pokémon Less Rare in X / Y

Atadiusti said:
Just holding the pad in one direction doesn't work for me. Every time I enter a new instance of the city, my character stops, and I have to re press the pad.

No, you dont use the outer ring of the city for hatching. Go to where the gym is in the center. Its a small loop, no screen transitions, there are several paths where you can literally just hold right or left and you will encircle the tower forever.

I came here to correct myself. When I hatched my first shiny Flabebe it was 38 eggs. This I know as I counted all of them in my box and had not released or wonder traded any of them. However when hatching my second one I had so many boxes I started releasing and wonder trading them and lost count. I assumed it was around 528 eggs.

When I battled online today it had said that I hatched 731 eggs.

This means... I actually hatched 693 eggs... which is 10 more than the supposed increased rate...

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/60943/t1927027-masuda-method-random-shiny-rate/

I have only encountered 2 shinies. A shiny Dedenne in a fairy safari which I managed to catch (the person the safari was for was online at the time, just to note), and I hatched a shiny Ralts via MM with o!ne of my in-game Ralts and a Japanese Ralts. It was my 45-50th egg hatched, had everstone and destiny knot attached as well. I will attempt MM Breeding again later on tonight and see how this time works out. I REALLY want a shiny Eevee, so that's who I'll be breeding this time via MM. Wish me luck!!! Also when hatching eggs in Lumiose City center, use a penny (just wedge a penny under the joypad in whichever direction you want to go after getting on your bicycle. It helps to give your fingers a rest. Just let 'em go & set your 3DS down & watch tv or read or whatever, checking when an egg hatches to hit the button to progress w/naming!) Wish me luck!!!!!

This is definitely a good thing. I have never had the patience for shiny breeding, maybe now I will.

I wonder if there's a beginners luck mechanic behind breeding... lots of people get a shiny within 100 eggs. The 2nd time seems to be more grueling.

I am also curious if shiny rates go up in Friend Safari online...

was hunting for 2 hours for a shiny Braixen. Nothing. Then I soft reset, connected and within 20 minutes came a shiny Charmeleon. I was bummed about Braixen but then I went into a safari with an undiscovered 3rd pokemon and the very 1st encounter was the 3rd pokemon. Shiny Braixen. I did not tip either this time.

I have never had such luck... o_o

Anybody tried the fishing method yet?

Check said:

I have. Got 4 Magikarp from it. It's super easy so new-ish players can use it as like a first shiny hunting method.

Pokewiz1999 said:
Check said:

I have. Got 4 Magikarp from it. It's super easy so new-ish players can use it as like a first shiny hunting method.

Most I have gotten was a chain of 43 & not a single shiny out of it yet. I'll probably try again tonight b/c my chain broke because my battery died due to me dozing off while fish-chaining...BORING!!! haha

MrSquarepants said:
I wonder if there's a beginners luck mechanic behind breeding... lots of people get a shiny within 100 eggs. The 2nd time seems to be more grueling.

I am also curious if shiny rates go up in Friend Safari online...

was hunting for 2 hours for a shiny Braixen. Nothing. Then I soft reset, connected and within 20 minutes came a shiny Charmeleon. I was bummed about Braixen but then I went into a safari with an undiscovered 3rd pokemon and the very 1st encounter was the 3rd pokemon. Shiny Braixen. I did not tip either this time.

I have never had such luck... o_o

That beginner's luck breeding mechanic MAY be possible. I tried breeding a shiny Ralts for a friend, and on my 45-50 egg hatching cycle (I filled 2 boxes of eggs, then proceeded to go hatch them in bulk) I hatched a shiny Ralts. Attempted again, this time with Eevee and Japanese Eevee, I have 2 full boxes of adamant Eevee now...not a single shiny...Does anybody need a Beldum here, because I'm about to breed some Beldum with Jap Ditto because a friend needs one & I was lucky enough to get one through link trade with a passerby. Let me know if you do, because I'll probably be doing at least one box full in hopes of a shiny!

There is no possible way that there is beginners shiny hatching luck, or at least not for me. I have hatched over 750 eggs on my game in total, and at least 90% of that was using the masuda method (though not actively trying for shinies in the beginning, just lots of IV breeding and having only Japanese dittos). Currently trying to hatch a shiny taillow, and I'm at over 620 eggs with no shiny.

I think shiny pokemon just personally hate me. I only found one shiny pokemon, and it was a shiny gabite in the wild. You know, the one that is almost completely identical from it's regular form and given away free in BW2.

Aerodactyl said:
There is no possible way that there is beginners shiny hatching luck, or at least not for me. I have hatched over 750 eggs on my game in total, and at least 90% of that was using the masuda method (though not actively trying for shinies in the beginning, just lots of IV breeding and having only Japanese dittos). Currently trying to hatch a shiny taillow, and I'm at over 620 eggs with no shiny.

I think shiny pokemon just personally hate me. I only found one shiny pokemon, and it was a shiny gabite in the wild. You know, the one that is almost completely identical from it's regular form and given away free in BW2.

Wow! Sorry to hear that!!! Yeah, that Ralts took me less than an hour to get a shiny. The first ever shiny I ever caught was in Y, just a few days ago. It was a shiny Dedenne from safari....haven't seen another one yet! Fishing hasn't gotten me any luck yet either, and pokeradar...I'm LUCKY to get a 15 ko chain!

Beginners luck is something sort of global. its happening in almost every expects of life such as games work and bla bla

So yeah there is a beginners luck in Pokemon but that just what it is - luck not a mechanic

Ah well perhaps my theory was wrong. I was starting to think the 1st MM was 1/683 and then it goes back to the default rate with 1/1300ish. :S

on another note I'm not sure if connecting to internet affects Friend Safari rates. I did get a shiny Quilladin after 2 hours. My brother then asked me to hunt for a shiny Metang. After an hour and a couple of minutes I gave up and went to bed. Then when I woke up I tried connecting again and hunted for about 20 minutes... had to go to work but the next encounter I had after I disconnected was a shiny Metang. :eek:

It was offline, no 3rd Pokemon unlocked and on my brothers Pokemon Y which I deemed unlucky.

it had hasty nature so that's unfortunate...

So I am thinking internet connection and being online at the same time doesn't do much difference and I also did not tip during this hunt as well as my hunt for Charmeleon and Braixen. Not saying I discredit tipping for good luck but starting to think its just a coincidence.

scattered mind said:
Beginners luck is something sort of global. its happening in almost every expects of life such as games work and bla bla

So yeah there is a beginners luck in Pokemon but that just what it is - luck not a mechanic

I just meant that I don't think there's something programmed in x and y that makes shinies happen faster the first time you try masuda or friend safari or what have you. The shiny rate has been reduced in the wild, but unless its been confirmed I'm starting to wonder if the shiny hatching rate with the masuda method was reduced as dramatically as we think at 1/683. It's hard to judge masuda method, because so many people give up after a certain amount of eggs (and honestly, can you blame them?)

At the end of the day though, I love breeding pokemon and I've always wanted at least one masuda method shiny to say that I've done it. It would be interesting though to compile everyone's luck with masuda method and look at it statistically, but that's not going to happen en mass. Guess we have to trust those who said they cracked the code.

I spent five days on a shiny hunt through a few safaris but it ended in failure. But, when I was breeding some charmanders to get egg moves, I hatched a shiny within the first eight eggs. I don't know if this makes sense, but I feel that the more Pokemon you encounter the higher your chance is of encountering a shiny (which I think is what the ratios are about). Oh I forgot to mention I was using a Japanese ditto and I didn't tip.

Well I don't know how much this might contribute to this but while I found my first shiny in my Y version through RE within roughly 500 to 700 encounters I also found a good number of shinies chain fishing before beating the elite four and after. With my X version I didn't find a single shiny until I also beat the elite 4. This was really interesting because to further add to the speculations I was using a female character and after I got a hair style(cut) I walked right from goes town to route 11 and ran into my first shiny in the game after the elite 4. I believe that tipping and other similar mechanics ingame like a hairstyle and getting new clothes could raise the chances slightly for a limited amount of time like the O-powers. But its just a speculation.

TheRoyalXerneas said:
I spent five days on a shiny hunt through a few safaris but it ended in failure. But, when I was breeding some charmanders to get egg moves, I hatched a shiny within the first eight eggs. I don't know if this makes sense, but I feel that the more Pokemon you encounter the higher your chance is of encountering a shiny (which I think is what the ratios are about). Oh I forgot to mention I was using a Japanese ditto and I didn't tip.

I've only been lucky enough to hatch 2 shinnies in my Y version. My first was a skiddo but I was messing around with a Japanese ditto I had and thought it's be cool to try hatching 50 eggs of a few different Pokémon to see which one I'd be lucky enough to get shiny and fortunately I got skiddo but I was naughty and cracked 15 more eggs than I had planned until i finally noticed a beautiful golden skiddo. My other one took over 957 eggs which was my froakie my 2nd treasured shiny. I felt like I was never going to get it though. Now I'm hoping for a shiny larvetar. I'm new but heres my FC 4785-5581-9918

TheRoyalXerneas said:

Man. Safari has been on and off for me... One day it'll be really generous and give me a shiny or two in a few encounters... or I could spend a day there and get nothing... Been trying to get shiny Espurr. Got Duosion, Abra and Gothorita (well guess I don't have to chain Gothorita no more...)

Don't get me wrong I'm pretty happy but it's been 3 days and still no shiny Espurr. :p

Been tipping... been going online... offline... nothing. Guess it's all just luck at this point.

I'm also dual hunting, one in the safari and one in Route 6.

I have yet to see a shiny in the wild...all mine are hatched or Friend Safari...

1/4000 is still really low, not sure how people succeded with the 1/8000 rate, that just baffles me now cause this is really tedious.

Tipping has nothing to do with obtaining shiny Pokemon, you can tip 10 million PokeDollars and still have to search hours (most of the time) to find a shiny Pokemon. All tipping does is help with style.

TheRoyalXerneas said:

I think that is true. After getting about five gym badges I decided to shiny hunt with the chain fishing method. I got my first shiny in about an hour. I decided to find more, but since I had found one so soon the second one took longer. My third was after four turns, but I had already messed up a lot of times. By the way, these are my shinys in order of when I found them: Corsola, Remoraid, Carvanha.

I think once you find a shiny pokemon, the chance of finding another increases, until you switch your game off. I caught 4 yesterday, within 2 hours and the time period between finding each one got smaller.

Stecune said:
I think once you find a shiny pokemon, the chance of finding another increases, until you switch your game off. I caught 4 yesterday, within 2 hours and the time period between finding each one got smaller.
It could just be my luck but i have over 10 shinys now most from the friend safari and well i just seem to have stopped getting them atall they were so frequent any day it would be atleast one a day, now iv been shiny hunting weeks on both x and y, y has only 3 shinys but still i get nothing its a long shot but could there be a point were shiny rates descrese or am i just cursed, chain fishing seems to work fine some of the time tho MM only once.

Back