Six Corners Discussion Thread

CTM will generally beat 6C since they run very similar attackers, only CTM gets an extra energy attachment a turn. Unless 6C gets everything they need every turn and never miss an energy drop or let an attacker with energy get KO'ed, they are initially at a huge disadvantage.

Cinema said:
CTM will generally beat 6C since they run very similar attackers, only CTM gets an extra energy attachment a turn. Unless 6C gets everything they need every turn and never miss an energy drop or let an attacker with energy get KO'ed, they are initially at a huge disadvantage.

It really depends what Corners' Zekrom and Mewtwo counts are, those really affect the game.

Very true, that and how well 6C utilizes their Shaymins for surprise OHKOs decides the game, but the game is generally in CTM's favor.

I prefer Zekrom as well, Outrage is useful, and so is the boost in HP. The main reason I prefer Zekrom is because with Zapdos you don't have a guaranteed damage output. The snipe is ok, but its other attack relies on coin flips, which is always iffy. Not knowing how much damage you are going to hit for can really hurt you in a close game.

Thinking about it now, how much use are you guys getting from your outragers? More often than not, I find them getting ohko'd by opposing EXs

OHKO rarely, 2HKO or 3HKO more often.
Even in the case of an OHKO on Zekrom, it would still be enough to KO Zapdos in the other case.
Zapdos will also take more than one attachment to attack, where as Zekrom only the DCE.
A simple attachment of an Eviolite can turn a Zekrom into a beast of a tank with only a Double Colorless in the right scenario!

This is what I've been playing with. Would anyone like to recommend any changes?

4x Virizion NV
2x Terrakion NV
2x Cobalion NV
2x Mewtwo EX
2x Shaymin UL
1x Shaymin EX
1x Kyurem NV
1x Absol Prime
1x Victini (V-Create)
Total:16

4x Cheren
2x Pokemon Collector
2x PONT
2x Prof Juniper
2x N
1x Seeker
4x Pokemon Catcher
4x Junk Arm
4x Eviolite
3x Switch
2x Pokegear 3.0
1x Super Rod
1x Skyarrow Bridge
Total:32

4x Prism Energy
4x Rainbow Energy
2x DCE
2x Grass
Total:12

I dont like Absol in 6C, just not that great without Mew Prime...
Kyurem or Kyurem EX would be a good replacement for Absol.
You should drop a Cheren for another Collector.
I would also drop the 2 N for 2 more PONT, N can help your opponent in the wrong scenario.
I would also drop an Eviolite for another DCE, Lost remover is big in our current format with Durant and disruption decks everywhere.
You should also post your list a new topic under DECK GARAGE if you want more input as it will get seen more...

I hope this helps, 6C is the most difficult deck to run in our current format, IMO.

GlowstikNinja said:
I don't like Absol in 6C, just not that great without Mew Prime...
Kyurem or Kyurem EX would be a good replacement for Absol.
You should drop a Cheren for another Collector.
I would also drop the 2 N for 2 more PONT, N can help your opponent in the wrong scenario.
I would also drop an Eviolite for another DCE, Lost remover is big in our current format with Durant and disruption decks everywhere.
You should also post your list a new topic under DECK GARAGE if you want more input as it will get seen more...

I hope this helps, 6C is the most difficult deck to run in our current format, IMO.
I don't think you understand the point of Absol in the deck. It's meant to soften up opposing basics with its Poke-Body and provide a counter to Chandelure. It's still ok because it can still soften up opposing basics. That said, taking it out is something to consider. IMHO, six corners is extremely hard to succeed with without energy acceleration. It needs either Celebi or Electrode. Otherwise the opponent will take out your pokemon with energy, basically screwing you over.

pokemonjoe said:
I don't think you understand the point of Absol in the deck. It's meant to soften up opposing basics with its Poke-Body and provide a counter to Chandelure. It's still ok because it can still soften up opposing basics. That said, taking it out is something to consider. IMHO, six corners is extremely hard to succeed with without energy acceleration. It needs either Celebi or Electrode. Otherwise the opponent will take out your pokemon with energy, basically screwing you over.

It's too hard to play with Celebi. At the very least you need 4 Rainbow and 4 DCE, and to play Celebi you would need 7-10 Grass. It would be impossible to fit all that energy in.

alexmf2 said:
It's too hard to play with Celebi. At the very least you need 4 Rainbow and 4 DCE, and to play Celebi you would need 7-10 Grass. It would be impossible to fit all that energy in.
You only need about 6 because you don't need to energize every single turn, you just need to speed it up for the first few turns.
-1 Eviolite
-2 Cheren
-4 Virizion
-1 whatever
+4 Celebi
+4 Grass
:D

You wouldn't be able to do draw into it in the first few turns if you didn't play about 8.

alexmf2 said:
You wouldn't be able to do draw into it in the first few turns if you didn't play about 8.

if you play enough draw, you will be fine. That's like saying you won't be able to draw into any Collectors the first few turns unless you play 8 (which is illegal)

pokemonjoe said:
You only need about 6 because you don't need to energize every single turn, you just need to speed it up for the first few turns.
-1 Eviolite
-2 Cheren
-4 Virizion
-1 whatever
+4 Celebi
+4 Grass
:D

But you're taking out the main attacker for tech at that rate...

GlowstikNinja said:
But you're taking out the main attacker for tech at that rate...
Virizion? That's just the starter. 6C has no main attackers. It changes its game plan depending on the opponent's deck. Celebi Prime wouldn't be a tech, it would be the new starter in the deck.

^Agreed, 6 Corners doesn't really have a main attacker, the deck just kind of takes prizes using anything that your opponent can't OHKO next turn.

pokemonjoe said:
Virizion? That's just the starter. 6C has no main attackers. It changes its game plan depending on the opponent's deck. Celebi Prime wouldn't be a tech, it would be the new starter in the deck.

When you change starters you hurt the consistency. If they want to play a techy Celebox, that is different.

Glaceon said:
When you change starters you hurt the consistency. If they want to play a techy Celebox, that is different.
You would have to add more draw supporters. Hey, it might hurt consistency, but it would get rid of the weakness that plagues six corners.

Back