Snow and every thing about it.

valk

Still trying to get color back in chat
Hey every one, I made this thread because I wanted to talk about snow! We here in Colorado we had about a foot of snow today, and no matter what Tomorrow is a two hour delay, maybe a snow day!
ok, so things to talk about are
-snow days
-snowball fights(these can get pretty brutal
-snow building(snowmen, igloos)
-if it falling, how much
-power outages

so, have fun.

We got some snow today. Not the stuff that sticks to the ground, though. =( I live in Kansas.

Last December, we had a horrible ice storm pass over us. I didn't have power for 6 days, and my house got to around 36 degrees. We stayed at my Grandma's house for 5 or so days.

The best part about it was that we got almost an entire week off!! =D

But we had to make it up in the end, and our school day is still longer than it was during first semester of last year. -_-

My family moved down to Florida from New York when I was just starting the first grade, but I still remember snow (we went back up there last winter, so I was able to see it then, too).

Oh, how I constantly miss it. I despise warm weather, and love the cold, so snow is like heaven to me - I love to build snow forts and have snowball fights with my brothers. But we'll only ever see it again if we go north during winter break, which we always try to do. (Or Florida could get another super cold snap, and we'll get some snow in northern Florida, but that's rare.)

oh, well at least you remember it. lol, you will see me on tomorrow morning! Colorado gets a bunch of snow.

lol, I actually like the warm weather. I want to move to Florida.

Anyway, I heard that everywhere is going to get more snow than average this year, so odds of snow where you live are higher.

I love snow. Not only does it get me out of school but it just looks nice, and it's fun to mess around in. There's a high chance that we'll have a snow day tomorrow. It's been snowing all day and it's really foggy outside. We're also expecting lots of freezing rain and even more snow as the night goes on. If we don't have a snow day tomorrow we'll definitely have some sort of delay... preferably a 3 hour delay.

Oh, its snowing in Indiana too! (thats right, I read peoples profiles)

valk said:
Oh, its snowing in Indiana too! (thats right, I read peoples profiles)
Stalker. :p

But yeah, according to the weather channels we are scheduled to get snow all week except on Friday, then it's going to turn into freezing rain. I'm just waiting for freezing fog... I dunno if that's even possible, but it would be cool. o_O

Rarely have snow, but it's cool when we do. ;p

dmaster out.

Here in St. Louis some winters we can have a ton of snow, some winters we have little. I love the snowball fights, especially when teams, and snow forts are involved :) Sledding can get pretty intenese, we have a great hill downtown here for it!

The best thing about snow though, a white christmas!! It just feels great opening gifts under the tree and seeing snow fall down through your window, it makes things feel perfect :)

Hey, I was just in st. Louis for a bands of America thing, then obama poped up under the arch so the streets were way crowded. wasn't snow there.

Well, consider yourself lucky people....even if you have little snow, think about all us poor people in california that dont Ever get snow...:(

Yanmega Owns said:
We got some snow today. Not the stuff that sticks to the ground, though. =( I live in Kansas.

Last December, we had a horrible ice storm pass over us. I didn't have power for 6 days, and my house got to around 36 degrees. We stayed at my Grandma's house for 5 or so days.

The best part about it was that we got almost an entire week off!! =D

But we had to make it up in the end, and our school day is still longer than it was during first semester of last year. -_-

Nice One ^^

We never have Snow in Australia. Except in the mountains, but even that's pretty light comparitively and if you want to see snow you have to base a holiday around it at the right time.

I have never seen/felt snow. What am I missing?

Pokémaniac said:
We never have Snow in Australia. Except in the mountains, but even that's pretty light comparitively and if you want to see snow you have to base a holiday around it at the right time.

I have never seen/felt snow. What am I missing?
It's really cold (obviously). It can be really bothersome in the morning if you have to drive to school or work. Most of the time it covers the small sheets of ice that cover your windows and can sometimes cover the roads making it harder to drive. It can also be a beautiful site to see. Opening presents on Christmas morning while watching glitstening, white snow fall down is one of the best ways to spend your holidays.

I've never actually seen the snow. It snows in a few parts of Australia, but I've never actually been. And it never snows in my part of Australia anyway. =[

I've never experienced snow. Well, no snow in Malaysia. Boohoo. T.T

I've never traveled anywhere when there's snow too. So, yeah...

Back