Pokemon Strange-looking Pokemon

I never really understood the purpose of Exploud, but I love their design so much.

I believe that the only ones who should be "punished" (the sueing) is the company or the people who suied Pokemon/game freak for the jynx thing. It wasn't made to make fun of Africans, but judging by it looks they believed that was the reason. They are the racists in this case. (sorry for my gramma had a hard day at work :p )

Sorry, but...intent does not always matter.

The fact remains that a pitch black humanoid with red lips and buggy white eyes WAS a hurtful caricature and is still widely recognized as such in much of the world. So, while I liked Jynx just fine the original way, I can understand changing it to purple.

I understand the colour change, but not why they had sue them for it. It wasn't a racist thing the whole black Jynx.

Vulpix-core said:
I've got to wonder what the heck the "Substitiute" Pokemon is supposed to be.

The newest one reminds me of a shiny Cubone without its skull/helmet.

shiny_skulless_cubone_zps3a669ef8.png

The "substitute" is supposed to be a generic creature, no particular pokemon.

Back in the Red/Blue days, though, I always just presumed that substitute was supposed to make an identical clone of the user, just "fake," or perhaps smaller.

How is it even possible that Lickylicky hasn't been brought up yet?
It's a fat, pink, blob with a humongous tongue and a laughably small head (both with reference to the tongue and the rest of the body) -.-

Being the only Pokemon with STAB Explosion (No, Smeargle doesn't count), you'd think Nintendo would make him look a little.. lookable? Let alone cool looking :p

Just one thing Togetic/kiss. NEVER understood what they actually were...

That and the fat that I absulotely hate Vanilluxe. ( though I do like vanillite and vanillish)

KVE493 said:
Just one thing Togetic/kiss. NEVER understood what they actually were...

That and the fat that I absulotely hate Vanilluxe. ( though I do like vanillite and vanillish)

Togetic is a chick and Togekiss is a bird. Togepi is the egg. That's how I interpret them, anyway.

I've heard that Togetic's name was a translation error and was meant to be Togechic.

Aww... I love Vanilluxe. It reminds me of a banana split. XD

Sure it makes sense. The Larvitar line is a Godzilla-like monster who goes through an insect-like metamorphosis, with a cocoon stage.

It's one of those things they designed because it's cool. Do you need a better reason? :)

How is it even possible that Lickylicky hasn't been brought up yet?
It's a fat, pink, blob with a humongous tongue and a laughably small head (both with reference to the tongue and the rest of the body) -.-

Being the only Pokemon with STAB Explosion (No, Smeargle doesn't count), you'd think Nintendo would make him look a little.. lookable? Let alone cool looking

To me, weird and goofy is the very definition of cool, so I think Lickilicky is perfect. I love the idea of a ridiculous, almost creepy fat lizard-baby-thing EXPLODING at you. Wouldn't want it any other way.

Also, the tongue coils up inside its body rather than its mouth. That's actually also true of anteaters, their tongue goes all the way back into their chest!

Bogleech said:
Sure it makes sense. The Larvitar line is a Godzilla-like monster who goes through an insect-like metamorphosis, with a cocoon stage.

It's one of those things they designed because it's cool. Do you need a better reason? :)

It's really cool, yeah, but it really makes no sense at all. Godzilla is a lizard/dragon/dinosaur-like monster. Non of these different inspirations has something to do with metamorphosis or do make cocoons or something. Larvitar line mix two things which has nothing to do with one another, so some might consider it "strange". I like it, still x)

@ KVE493:
Togekiss is really easy to see: It's a bird, just without beak. The idea comes from the dove of peace. Togetic is a bit harder to see, but it's kind of a combination of an egg (Togepi influence), a hen and a fairy. That's at least my explanation ^^

@Substitute doll thingy:
I always thought it is a plush doll of a Rhydon. Since most of the Pokémon in the first gen were showed as Rhydon-like in the overworld, it is kind of a "generel substitute" for them. I guess, most of the Pokémon looked that way in the overworld, because Rhydon was the first Pokémon that was designed. Afterwards, they just stick to this design of the doll.

Starboard Driger said:
^ Deoxys doesn't have a mouth. I just noticed that now :eek:
I doubt Deoxys even needs a mouth due to it being a robot space virus thing.
Back on topic, the only Pokemon that seems strange, or rather, doesn't make since, is Pupitar. The line goes like this: baby Godzilla, rocket cocoon, big Godzilla. I know it is inspired by other Kaijus, but I don't think any of them that inspired it have a pupal stage.
Also, the all-new Sylveon. What's with the strange bows and ribbons?

Metalizard said:
^hmmm... Deoxys is not a robot, I believe it is totally organic. Otherwise, it would be part-Steel...
It's part artificial. It was a virus that got mutated by an inorganic, man-made laser. I said that because it looks somewhat robotic. Bio-mechanical maybe? That would be an awesome idea for a new Pokemon too.

CyberCat5555 said:
It's part artificial. It was a virus that got mutated by an inorganic, man-made laser. I said that because it looks somewhat robotic. Bio-mechanical maybe? That would be an awesome idea for a new Pokemon too.

Deoxys is mutated, as you said, that something extremely different than being artificial or robotic Oo It was accidently hid by a laser beam and mutated. Mutation is a natural thing which is very important for evolution of live. The source of the mutation was maybe artificial (it isn't stated in the dex entries), but Deoxys is indeed far away from being artificial.

When I think of weird-looking Pokemon, I immediately think of Vespiquen for some reason. I respect it because it kinda reminds me of a mob boss with boss it's ability and nature as a Pokemon in general, but it's look is just so... strange. Also, I think Tentacool and Tentacruel are weird. It may just be me, but I thought ever since I first saw it that it's eyes were just hidden in it's red orbs on it's "head", but then I look down and see the eyes below the end of the "body"... I don't know, it just creeps me out!

shitzon said:
CyberCat5555 said:

Deoxys is mutated, as you said, that something extremely different than being artificial or robotic Oo It was accidently hid by a laser beam and mutated. Mutation is a natural thing which is very important for evolution of live. The source of the mutation was maybe artificial (it isn't stated in the dex entries), but Deoxys is indeed far away from being artificial.

This. Also, look at Mewtwo for example. It is man-made but it is totally organic...

Back