Pokemon Strange-looking Pokemon

ChillBill said:
You know what is creepier than Dragonite? Shiny Dragonite. I don't know why, but it looks like a very big happy alien to me. Am I the only one?

Nope, Shiny Dragonite always creeps me out a little. IMO Creepiest Pokemon? Cofagrigus. I love using it, but making a coffin come to life to steal the souls of grave robbers? Then turning them into mummies?

Taken straight from the dex

"It has been said that they swallow those who get too close and turn them into mummies."

But the Pokemon I personally find creepiest? Scolipede, I HATE CENTIPEDES! Creepiest things in the world. Along with cockroaches.

The weirdest looking Pokemon for me will probably always be Probopass. It looks like a strange relative of Mr. Potato Head, if it hasn't been referenced before.

i agree with the opinion that Drowsy is very weird. I mean, look at it!
Drowzee.gif
The fingers look pretty weird too...(Plus the arms make it look like a zombie)

Chrono said:
Drowsy. What IS it? An elephant? A pig? A hypnotist? A pig-elephant-hypnotist?!

You don't know tapirs?! They're found in every zoo, and pretty popular animals! Their closest relatives are thought to be rhinos:

images

In Japan, there's a mythological creature called a Baku, which eats dreams. The Mythical baku is lion-like, but when Japanese explorers discovered the tapir, they named it a Baku just because it looked so goofy, like something out of a dream.

Since then, however, the mythological version has been portrayed as a tapir-like animal instead of lion-like, or in some cases, a tapir-lion hybrid. This could possibly be why Hypno has a beard-like mane, but that may just be meant to give him a creepy, old hypnotist look.

But the Pokemon I personally find creepiest? Scolipede, I HATE CENTIPEDES! Creepiest things in the world. Along with cockroaches.

That's hardly nice, why hate something for looking different? Centipedes are sleek, colorful, elegant predators.

With its round body and a single leg per segment, however, scolipede has many similarities to millipedes as well, which are gentle, slow-moving herbivores.

AND it reminds me of a velvet worm, here is a pic of one that even has Scolipede's color scheme! Velvet worms are ancient tropical creatures able to shoot poisonous "glue" from their heads to kill prey...though Scolipede doesn't learn Gunk Shot, does it?

Most cockroach species are also harmless and even beneficial, they're absolutely one of my favorite animals and I keep several exotic, giant species as pets :)

roach_canopy_drake_bay.jpg

This one is a "firefly roach," which is more colorful than usual but I think even the plain ones are adorable, like autumn leaves with legs...or little men in trenchcoats.

what about wobbufett? I heard that he's actually a puppet and the black thing is the pokemon.
wobbuffet-1.png

then there's girafarig with two heads. I think in one of the stadium games it actually does stuff 0_0
17349.gif

Yeah, the pokedex constantly says how wobbuffet just protects its "tail" at all costs and that its tail has a "secret" or "mystery". The eyes on its tail also seem to be real, blinking and looking around a couple times in the anime and some 3-d appearances.

So, the "tail" containts its brain. That's its head. The rest is a dummy, which is why it lets that endure attacks and can bounce them right back.

Bogleech said:
Chrono said:
Drowsy. What IS it? An elephant? A pig? A hypnotist? A pig-elephant-hypnotist?!

You don't know tapirs?! They're found in every zoo, and pretty popular animals! Their closest relatives are thought to be rhinos:

images

In Japan, there's a mythological creature called a Baku, which eats dreams. The Mythical baku is lion-like, but when Japanese explorers discovered the tapir, they named it a Baku just because it looked so goofy, like something out of a dream.

Since then, however, the mythological version has been portrayed as a tapir-like animal instead of lion-like, or in some cases, a tapir-lion hybrid. This could possibly be why Hypno has a beard-like mane, but that may just be meant to give him a creepy, old hypnotist look.

That's hardly nice, why hate something for looking different? Centipedes are sleek, colorful, elegant predators.

With its round body and a single leg per segment, however, scolipede has many similarities to millipedes as well, which are gentle, slow-moving herbivores.

AND it reminds me of a velvet worm, here is a pic of one that even has Scolipede's color scheme! Velvet worms are ancient tropical creatures able to shoot poisonous "glue" from their heads to kill prey...though Scolipede doesn't learn Gunk Shot, does it?

Most cockroach species are also harmless and even beneficial, they're absolutely one of my favorite animals and I keep several exotic, giant species as pets :)

This one is a "firefly roach," which is more colorful than usual but I think even the plain ones are adorable, like autumn leaves with legs...or little men in trenchcoats.
Ah, that explains it. Thanks.

Bogleech said:
Yeah, the pokedex constantly says how wobbuffet just protects its "tail" at all costs and that its tail has a "secret" or "mystery". The eyes on its tail also seem to be real, blinking and looking around a couple times in the anime and some 3-d appearances.

So, the "tail" containts its brain. That's its head. The rest is a dummy, which is why it lets that endure attacks and can bounce them right back.

Strange, indeed!

Bogleech said:

Okay maybe that one doesnt look so bad, I just find insects creepy. That velvet worm however does creep me out.

Centipedes/Millepedes just creep me out. I hate them. Its not because they are different, its because they just terrify me. The also move so fast, which also bothers me. GAAAH the thought of it is creeping me out.

Haunted Water said:
I'm sorry, but how can someone not like millipedes? They move and look so awesome, it's almost sexy.

This made me lol. xD Although I totally get what you're saying, just not with bugs for me!

Haunted Water said:
I'm sorry, but how can someone not like millipedes? They move and look so awesome, it's almost sexy.

._.

All bugs scare the hell out of me, but bug Pokemon are usually okay (Butterfree is slightly unnerving). Strange how my only true fear is something so silly.

Anyways, back on topic.

gengar.jpg

clefairy.jpg

... yeah. That's always been pretty weird to me.

Yeah, it's a widely popular theory that Gengar is meant to look like a ghost Clefairy or Clefable.

As a "shadow" pokemon however I always thought it was just meant to be imitating a Clefable's shadow, and that Gengar may have been intended to have no single, solid form.

Centipedes/Millepedes just creep me out. I hate them. Its not because they are different, its because they just terrify me. The also move so fast, which also bothers me.

Millipedes are super slow, like, turtle slow! And they roll up as soon as you go anywhere near them and try to hide their faces. Their only defense is that they're toxic to eat, though a lot of mammals eat them anyway to get drunk (yes, really)

millipedecute.jpg

They also have an actual : 3 face.

millipedecute2.jpg

I think Scolipede is primarily intended as a centipede, but I'm still not positive. Venipede and Whirlipede definitely have more in common with a millipede, especially pill millipedes, which look exactly like pillbugs even though they're unrelated.

beedrill.jpg

One little odd thing to me - have we EVER seen Beedrill open its mouth? Does it even have one? There was a minor fan theory that it might just feed by leeching fluids through the drills, which would be pretty cool.

I don't know if they constitute as weird pokemon, but I've had an obsession as of late with the animal wooper is based off of- Axolotls. Mudkip also shows some resemblance to these little guys. I don't know why I've been so obsessed with them, but they're so cool! I'm trying to get a couple as pets.

One little odd thing to me - have we EVER seen Beedrill open its mouth? Does it even have one? There was a minor fan theory that it might just feed by leeching fluids through the drills, which would be pretty cool.
...Do you know how many Pokemon don't have mouths?
A fair handful, actually.
What makes Beedrill so special?

Going by that logic...
Kakuna, Whirlipede, Diglett, Dugtrio, Pupitar, and many more are "strange."

^ Deoxys doesn't have a mouth. I just noticed that now :eek:

images

"It tugs on the hands of children to steal them away. It is whispered that any child who mistakes Drifloon for a balloon and holds on to it could wind up missing."

Hey mom look a balloon.

That's strange, what is it doing in our yard?

I don't know mom, but can I pick it up?

Go ahead, but wash your hands afterwards. It could be dirty. Now I'm going to go inside and watch you play through the window, because it's hot.

'Kay mom.

*goes inside, looks through window*

... TIMMY?

Back