Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

Salamencetrainer34 said:
He said this. There WON't be a different number of characters in each system game, and there will be exclusive stages.

I never said different amounts of characters.

Are they pretty much the same game for tne most part? Also will the games be like Melee? That is the last version I have. I hope they did not bring back Event match. That was annoying XD. 15 minute Melee was also annoying too. Will the 2 games interact with each other and if you unlock stages in one game would they appear in the other and vise verse? This way we would not have to do things twice. If we are able to load SD cards into the Wii U would we be able to copy data between the 2 systems in the same way as we did with the memory cards for the GCN? If we can that would help me a lot since my friend and I spent countless hours playing Melee to complete most of everything but 6 of the trophies XD.:)

He said no cross-platforming.

And it is kinda like Melee, except improved graphics, and the biggest inclusion, the final smash.

That means Event match and 15 minute Melee are probably still there. Great. That was what I was afraid of XD.:)

xxashxx said:
That means Event match and 15 minute Melee are probably still there. Great. That was what I was afraid of XD.:)

They were in Brawl too, so it isn't surprising. I think what Salamencetrainer meant by "like Melee" is that it will be similar to Melee, gameplay-wise.

FloodBadge said:
Did he say won't, or did he say there might not be?

"The total number of characters is the same as the Wii U version, but some of the stages will be completely different."

Again, i never said different amount of characters, only different characters for the versions. Just because there's a few characters replaced on one version doesn't mean there's more on one of them.

I hooe they don't do event match and 15 minute modes for the 3DS version and only for the Wii U version. I don't think the 3DS could handle all of those extra modes without slowing it down drastically XD.:)

The 3DS can handle some pretty complex stuff. Event match and 15 minute modes really aren't that memory intensive; coupled with the fact that there are games with premises a lot more complex than the SSB stuff, so I don't think that the 3DS would have a problem.

I am gonna be heated if there are version-exclusive characters.

Stages I can live with. Most of them are probably unsuitable for competitive play anyway.

Characters will stay the same on both versions. It is the stages that will be exclusive. I hope they don't bring back the home run contest either. Those were the most annoying 3 modes ever developed so I hope they don't bring those modes back. Anyone know of a release date yet? Thanks XD.:)

xxashxx said:
Anyone know of a release date yet? Thanks XD.:)

It'll likely be out sometime next year in 2014 (it'll be around Q4), altho I got a feeling they'll push for a 2015 release seeming since Brawl was delayed to 2008 (that game was suppose to hit stores late in 2007.)

Here's Smashville! Rumor has it that the City Folk background will be for the Wii U version, and the 3DS version will feature a New Leaf style background.

B2oowIp.jpg

Guys.
Guys.
Guys.
Gals.

In response to a comment made by the Regginator, some dude made a petition that's collecting signatures to submit to Sakurai requesting that Reggie Fils-Aime become a playable character in the next Smash Bros. They're aiming for 25,000 signatures, and at this moment, need only 4,035 more.

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/sora-sakurai-add-reggie-fils-aime-to-the-super-smash-bros-3ds-wii-u-roster-reggieforsmashbros

I personally doubt that it'll happen even if the signatures are collected, but I thought it'd give you guys something to discuss.
Ciao.

I actually did end up signing the petition. If they added Reggie, then they'd pretty much win the Internet. Period.

I've noticed that there are some talks about Snake being cut but what about Big Boss/Naked Snake from MGS 3-3DS? They could still keep him in while adding one or two other feasibly playable characters.

Back