Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U

Now that Rosalina is in, Palutena is my most wanted character. She's downright hilarious in Kid Icarus: Uprising, and more female fighters are a plus in my book.

I also want Mewtwo because I miss him so much in Smash Bros. ;_;

Mewtwo isn't as popular as he used to be, which is why he was replaced by Lucario. X and Y made him a little more popular, but not much unfortunately. This generation, it's all about Greninja and only Greninja. I mean, look at 99% of the wifi battles! Shiny female protean perfect greninja to kick your ass here, one there, one over here, etc. When Lucario came out, he was everywhere and wanted by everyone. Plus, his movie made him look like a badass to people. Mewtwo was the #1 before due to how he was the strongest legendary that everyone relied on to take out anything.

Chocolate Death said:
Mewtwo isn't as popular as he used to be

wqvbsw.jpg

Even outside the Pokemon community, Mewtwo is insanely popular among the Smash Bros community. Fans wanted him before Lucario. Fans wanted him after Lucario. Fans wanted him before Greninja. Fans still want him now. No other Pokemon has as big a Smash fanbase as Mewtwo, and that will always be true no matter what Sakurai does. The resurgence of relevance in the Pokemon games should only add to his popularity outside and inside the Smash community.

There's also a lot of hints here and there about Mewtwo possibly being included. Unfinished data on Brawl for Mewtwo tells us that the character was intended to be added, but never did for some reason. Sakurai would later state during SSB4's development that "we are thinking about it" on possibly adding Mewtwo to the game. Since Mewtwo has yet to be shown as a Poke Ball / Master Ball / cameo character, it's still up in the air on Mewtwo's possible return.

Besides, who else are they going to add that is universally as popular as Mewtwo? There's over 700 Pokemon, but Mewtwo is one of very few to get that universal popularity Sakurai will ultimately be looking for.

Looks like Lucario has horrible recoil when Aura Sphere is used. It works like New two's Shadow Ball attack in Melee but the recoil was not near as bad as Lucario's attack is though. You better have a lot of space behind you or you could KO yourself XD.:)

Interesting stuff, everyone! Lots of people I haven't considered/I don't really know about (heck, I have Super Mario RPG and didn't know who Boshi is, that'd be an interesting skin!).

Characters I would like to see, in no particular order:

-Mewtwo: he was more interesting in melee than Lucario was in Brawl, plus we could see his mega evolution(s). Or maybe they could even change up his moveset and give him moves like recover and barrier. And I do think he's likely, but with that being said, I won't be heartbroken if he isn't included. Interesting information on his lack of inclusion in Brawl, by the way.

-Squirtle and Ivysaur: I touched on this earlier in the thread, but I'm hoping Charizard being introduced by himself doesn't mean that they aren't there. If if they don't use Squirtle, maybe they could at least have him be a mount for Pikachu during his final Smash. =P
Skip to about 10-11 minutes in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gVoAHCoM8w

-Jigglypuff: Just make rest more powerful. I can leave it at this, right?

-Miis: Yes, it's kind of silly, but I think this would add a lot of fun to the game. Mario Kart Wii wasn't the greatest game for me at first (I still think the dirt bikes are gimmicky), but what gave the game enough entertainment value for me to get good at it was racing as a funny Mii that my friend made. Plus with Tomodachi Life and the emphasis on Streetpassing that I've seen from Nintendo, I think it's likely.

-Dr. Mario (with a Dr. Luigi alternate costume): I don't think this one is very likely, but I'd like to see it. Even if it is just a different projectile than Mario's, I like the doctor. Plus you could customize the pills so that they bounce in different ways.

-Tom Nook and/or Mr. Resetti: I think these aren't likely because the villager is already there, but I think it would be funny to see them as characters. Or at the very least, Resetti returns as an assist trophy and Nook runs some kind of in-game shop you can use to unlock stuff (like the ones in Meteos, a game Sakurai also directed).

-King K. Rool: like the others said, he'd be interesting. I don't know enough about DK games (only played parts of DK64 and DKC) to really go in depth, but I'd like to see more villians in Smash in general. They add a different flavor to the game that spices things up. I'd put Ridley in this category as well.

Things I don't want to see:

-More Fox clones: I get that Wolf is popular, but 3 Fox clones was really pushing it, and this is coming from someone that didn't mind Falco being a clone in Melee. Especially considering that there really haven't been any good Star Fox games since the Nintendo 64 era. I wouldn't mind more Star Fox stuff, but I'd rather have them have their own unique movesets.

-A lack of new characters: so far they've only announced 6 new characters. I'm hoping they put some time into adding more! I wouldn't mind a delay of the game for this, actually. The game's only 2 months away, so I don't know how much is left to be revealed. Don't get me wrong, the current content sounds exciting so far, but Smash for me has always had the best replay value for multiplayer, and a lack of new characters lessens that replay value considerably. Maybe this contradicts the last point, but I don't think it has to. I'm probably the only one worried about this, actually. =P

-Third-party character overload: I liked Snake in Brawl (very unique moveset), and Mega Man seems like he could be interesting in this game, but I still think the game doesn't need too many third-party characters, Nintendo has plenty of good characters from their own games.

PG24 said:
Chocolate Death said:
Mewtwo isn't as popular as he used to be

wqvbsw.jpg

Even outside the Pokemon community, Mewtwo is insanely popular among the Smash Bros community. Fans wanted him before Lucario. Fans wanted him after Lucario. Fans wanted him before Greninja. Fans still want him now. No other Pokemon has as big a Smash fanbase as Mewtwo, and that will always be true no matter what Sakurai does. The resurgence of relevance in the Pokemon games should only add to his popularity outside and inside the Smash community.

There's also a lot of hints here and there about Mewtwo possibly being included. Unfinished data on Brawl for Mewtwo tells us that the character was intended to be added, but never did for some reason. Sakurai would later state during SSB4's development that "we are thinking about it" on possibly adding Mewtwo to the game. Since Mewtwo has yet to be shown as a Poke Ball / Master Ball / cameo character, it's still up in the air on Mewtwo's possible return.

Besides, who else are they going to add that is universally as popular as Mewtwo? There's over 700 Pokemon, but Mewtwo is one of very few to get that universal popularity Sakurai will ultimately be looking for.

Mewtwo stage boss? Hmm? How about that? And whoever beats him gets a master ball item?

Chocolate Death said:
Mewtwo stage boss? Hmm? How about that? And whoever beats him gets a master ball item?

That would be such an insult to the people who want Mewtwo for him to be a boss character. Nothing good comes from that, and even Sakurai should know that. He's either a fighter or he's out of the games completely (or, like Brawl, a hard to earn Trophy lel).

"Oh, who you wanted isn't a fighter? Well, here they are as a boss character just to torment you even more. Enjoy!~"

So having him appear as a fightable boss is worse than just a trophy that sits there and does nothing?

Jigglyput is pretty much in. He is one of the original 12 characters. Expect the basic 12 characters from the original game. Those guys are the foundation of Super Smash Bros. Those characters will never change. I am not sure who else will make it in but expect those guys. Lucario on the other hand I doubt he will change. From the videos I have seen his move set is pretty basic. Mew two I am expecting because he was great in melee. I can see him in this version with Lucario. They want to make this version something for everyone. I don't think Squirtle and Ivysaur are coming back because Geninja is dominating everyone this time and he is a big fane favorite among water and dark players.:)

I don't know who I'm kidding asking for Daisy again, but ever since I learned that Namco Bandai was at the helm of this game, there's only one guy I've wanted in this game:

Klonoa.png

Man would that be rad.

Chocolate Death said:
So having him appear as a fightable boss is worse than just a trophy that sits there and does nothing?

I'd rather see Sakurai do nothing as opposed to making him a boss, thus showing he put effort in giving Mewtwo moves to use on you.

wait... So.. Sakurai doing nothing shows he put effort into making Mewtwo able to fight you? I don't get your logic. If Sakurai did nothing, how would mewtwo have any moves let alone be in the game

Sakurai knows that the fans want Mewtwo as a playable fighter. Making him a boss character would just be salt in the wound.

PMJ said:
Sakurai knows that the fans want Mewtwo as a playable fighter. Making him a boss character would just be salt in the wound.

If a boss fight is done right, it could be quite good. Most fighters don't heal outside of items: imagine a boss that could heal itself with recover. That would be a hard boss! Maybe some kind of Unknown Dungeon background along with a Mega Evolution. Make it into the final event match (like the Giga Bowser/Mewtwo/Ganon fight in Melee) and it would be suitable.

I could see how this could backfire though. Single player bosses in Brawl were (for me) not that memorable: the only ones I remember that well are Ridley and Petey Pirahna. Still, I think with some effort, this could be done right.

Some guy whose name I don't feel like looking up because I'm feeling lazy right now said:
I don't think Squirtle and Ivysaur are coming back because Geninja is dominating everyone this time and he is a big fane favorite among water and dark players.:)
This could be my bias showing, but I don't think there's a rule saying only 1 of each type is allowed. Pichu and Pikachu were both in Melee, and they were electric types. Here's hoping, anyway!

I didn't say that quote!
But, I was imagining a boss mewtwo using the moves he has when you battle him in X and Y, and maybe he can occasionally mega evolve into one of the two megas to do different damage for a bit? X could run to you and beat you up and act like a regular fighter, and then Y could fly around like Super Sonic and launch psychic attacks around for a bit while it recovers a fraction of it's health. Maybe after it loses half health, it recovers a quarter of it? and every two quarters lost, it recovers another quarter?

Whoops, that's what I get for trying to post at nearly 2 AM. I'll edit that!

Just thought of this: I wonder if an event match would be feasible where you fight Mewtwo and Mew on one stage? Like the Crazy Hand and Master Hand battle in Melee. Mew could use TM moves (since he can learn any TM) and Mewtwo could use psychic type moves. I doubt it'll happen, but I think it's an interesting concept.

Omanyte said:
If a boss fight is done right, it could be quite good. Most fighters don't heal outside of items: imagine a boss that could heal itself with recover. That would be a hard boss! Maybe some kind of Unknown Dungeon background along with a Mega Evolution. Make it into the final event match (like the Giga Bowser/Mewtwo/Ganon fight in Melee) and it would be suitable.

I think you're missing the point. If Sakurai wanted to go through the trouble of programming a huge-ass boss fight with Mewtwo, he would be better served making Mewtwo a playable character because Mewtwo is one of the top characters that fans want back, and Sakurai knows it.

PMJ said:
Omanyte said:

I think you're missing the point. If Sakurai wanted to go through the trouble of programming a huge-ass boss fight with Mewtwo, he would be better served making Mewtwo a playable character because Mewtwo is one of the top characters that fans want back, and Sakurai knows it.
Perhaps, but he could make the boss fight first with a powered-up Mewtwo, then weaken some of the moves and remove other moves (for balance) and use that as a playable character. Maybe make a Mega Mewtwo model for the boss fight, and the regular Mewtwo for the playable character.

Maybe I'm just not bothered as much by it because I still play Melee on a fairly regular basis (once a month or so) with either friends or my nieces/nephew. I used to play it even more then that, actually, so I guess I've just had a lot of time with Melee. I think it'd be fun to have Mewtwo as a playable character, I'm not debating that point. I guess I just enjoy thinking of the possibilities for what could be included, if that makes any sense.

Not sure if I'm repeating myself or not, but I think that Mewtwo should've been in the game instead of Lucario (or in addition to him, at this point).

Mewtwo was a cakewalk in X/Y so they will probably have a similar move set in smashbros. There is not much they can do to change his move set except change Shadow Ball to Aura Sphere. Other than that there is not much they can do because his moves are very basic. If he is in the game expect a move set similar to Melee XD.:)

I personally think that including Mewtwo is a bad idea, mainly because I can't see how they could make him much different from Lucario. Including Mewtwo as a sort of boss like the yellow devil would be a much better idea.

Smash Bros 4 needs a new Pokemon character, and I believe that a grass type Pokemon such as Sceptile is a great candidate for the new games. Also, I don't want a Jigglypuff comeback. 5 Pokemon is enough :3

Back