swine flu

Just to let you know, they're thinking of changing it to H1N1 influenza A because there is too much confusion over it. Countries were banning the sales and killing the pigs.

kashmaster said:
Well everyone knows its a pandemic and everyone knows its a killer so what is everyone going to do about it?

It's not a complete pandemic yet until the level goes to six. It's a possible pandemic.

I don't want it at school now. No way am I redoing a week in the Summer. x_x

dmaster out.

I'm not very worried about getting it. It is sad that people have died, and we have to try to prevent further deaths, so I'm not going to say that I don't care about it. Earlier today my biology teacher said that it is sensitive to Thermaflu, or something like that.

This afternoon, some girl claimed she had the swine flu, and one of my little bother's friend's moms has it too. My school might close soon.

In Israel, they want this to be called "Mexican Influenza" because the consider the term "swine flu" to be racist.

At this point, the swine flu (which has now been renamed by the WHO as H1N1 virus) is nothing to actively worry about, but something you should certainly be aware of and take caution of. We'll have to see where it goes throughout the next few weeks before we can start to see how severe it will be.

On a side note, two people that live just 20-25 miles away from me have swine flu....please, don't let is show up over the next four weeks.

Hopefully it won't affect Ohio soon, but hey, all we can do is wait. Almost every forum I've seen has this topic and the majority just say wait it out...which I can agree on xD

@Blue Thunder- Knowing myself, having ppl with Swine flu that close from me would freak me out so much I would probably be in my bubble right now typing this 8D

The swine flu is not something everybody should worry about, this is just like 28 Weeks Later how everyone panics about a Flu and getting infected.

You can eat pork, but you just have to cook it so the flu is not in the meat. Nobody is getting blamed for this, and nobody should get blamed for this.

These people should have created a cure for this disease when it was here in 1988, when the people thought this wouldn't come back. People should have stayed clean and be prepared.

Garchomp said:
Mimebread said:
According to Fox, the virus is a mixture of pig, bird, and human viruses.

This is not true. The virus is a mutated form of the virus H1N1 which normally infects pigs.
However it has mutated into an infectious virus which has not yet killed anyone outside of the Mexico. In Scotland (I live in England) two people have been confirmed to have it but they are getting better. I repeat, they are getting better!

Mew the source of all: No-one has died outside of Mexico yet!
actually a babey in texas died

The swine flu isn't that big of a deal. So a few people died, people die from the normal flu too. There was probably another reason why they died. (Young, old, not very great medical coverage, etc.) It's not like its going to kill everyone. BTW Egypt killing their pigs solves nothing. News stations have just blown it out of proportion...again.

Note* Here's an article about why it isn't that bad.
http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2009/04/30/has-swine-flu-story-been-overblown/

101CHARIZARD101 said:
Garchomp said:
Mimebread said:

This is not true. The virus is a mutated form of the virus H1N1 which normally infects pigs.
However it has mutated into an infectious virus which has not yet killed anyone outside of the Mexico. In Scotland (I live in England) two people have been confirmed to have it but they are getting better. I repeat, they are getting better!

If you check the time when I wrote this, you will see that I wrote this before this happened!

My friends were getting paranoid yesterday about how we are all going to die from swine flu. So I kept telling them I had swine flu.

lol.

I know there's 1 reported case of it in Ohio. And Noob Sandwich, you should get a pig somehow and put it by your friends to scare them.

My best friend goes to Mexico every summer, and he says that this year, he'll bring back the swine flu just for me. *.*

Garchomp said:
101CHARIZARD101 said:
Garchomp said:
Mimebread said:

If you check the time when I wrote this, you will see that I wrote this before this happened!
sorry not good at cheacking time

I live in Ireland and since England is right next to Ireland and England has it I'm a bit worried:(

Back