XY Sylveon's type is pink

GoobieDoob said:
Was I the only one who thought the Azurill line would be Fairy? I don't understand how that's such a shock. But yes! We get a new type! But Gardevoir is cool, just a little unexpected for a new type considering it's around for such a long time. Also, Marill. Think about it too, we could be possibly getting Pokemon with 3 types. It's a long shot, but still, think about it.

These are more Pokemon that need to be Fairy-Type:

. Snubble (Fairy)
. Granbull (Fairy)
. Roselia (Grass/Fairy)
. Roserade (Grass/Fairy)
. Clefairy (Fairy)
. Clefable (Fairy)
. Pikachu (Electric/Fairy)
. Raichu (Electric/Fairy)
. Wigglytuff (Fairy)

Wigglytuff is all but confirmed, since Jiggles is Fairy then there's no way Wiggles won't be

leecario said:
GoobieDoob said:
. Pikachu (Electric/Fairy)
. Raichu (Electric/Fairy)

They would never mess around with pikachu, it's the mascot of the entire franchise

I agree. Pikachu would never get a retype. Besides, there's no reason for an electric mouse to be a fairy. Honestly, any Pokémon could technically be a fairy if you looked at it from a Pans Labyrinth perspective, but really no. Pikachu is electric.

I'm so happy.

Hi, new poster here! I was just wondering, has there been any information whether the new fairy type pokemon are going to "girlish" pokemon or are they actually going to dig into France's mythology/history/heritage and base them on celtic fairies?

Well, Today E3 Announced a new pokemon type. Well, Guess what? It was called "FAIRY" type. Maybe Sylveon is Fairy type.

Robot_Fishy said:
Well, Today E3 Announced a new pokemon type. Well, Guess what? It was called "FAIRY" type. Maybe Sylveon is Fairy type.

The official site and all the info given at e3 already confirm sylveons type as fairy.

GoobieDoob said:
. Roselia (Grass/Fairy)
. Roserade (Grass/Fairy)

They already have poison, though.
[Which is a terrible combo, granted, but it's there nonetheless. If they were grass only, maybe...]

Whitefire said:
GoobieDoob said:
. Roselia (Grass/Fairy)
. Roserade (Grass/Fairy)

They already have poison, though.
[Which is a terrible combo, granted, but it's there nonetheless. If they were grass only, maybe...]

How is it terrible?
Poison doesn't offer a good STAB (which might change now with Fairy.)
You get a Fighting resistance, which is highly useful, with the important downside getting a Ground weakness, but Grass neutralizes that.

Hey guys so as it turns out Sylveon is not a Female Exclusive Evolution like most people thought including myself (though I had my doubts). Whether or not this went unnoticed yesterday is as good a guess as anyone's but yesterday during Pokémon Smash they showed a clip of a Male Sylveon using Moonblast against a Salamence and here is a picture of that...

87722d1371396142-revealed-gen-vi-pokemon-discussion-speculation-thread-male-sylveons-exist-too....png

Personally I'm quite happy its not. Oh and I guess the Anime going out of their way to state that Virgil's Eevee was a girl was just a big fluke to maybe troll some people. How do you guys feel about it all?

@GoobieDoob
The roselia family doesn't really relate much to fairies in any specific way. Them being poison is odd since as far as I know Roses aren't toxic, but that's their gimmick: A beautiful but harmful creature.

Them being grass/ poison is fine, the type is great (as Mitja pointed out) since Venusaur and Roserade have done decently competitively.

Light Type PoKéMoN Exist said:
Hey guys so as it turns out Sylveon is not a Female Exclusive Evolution like most people thought including myself (though I had my doubts). Whether or not this went unnoticed yesterday is as good a guess as anyone's but yesterday during Pokémon Smash they showed a clip of a Male Sylveon using Moonblast against a Salamence and here is a picture of that...

87722d1371396142-revealed-gen-vi-pokemon-discussion-speculation-thread-male-sylveons-exist-too....png

Personally I'm quite happy its not. Oh and I guess the Anime going out of their way to state that Virgil's Eevee was a girl was just a big fluke to maybe troll some people. How do you guys feel about it all?

I think we all could see Sylveon not being gender exclusive and considering Eevee's gender ratio making Sylveon a gender exclusive evolution for a pokemon that will most likely be male when you get one would be stupid in my opinion.

Sylveon's type is light pink, a color that wasn't used so far. Psychic-type has been set with pink, not light pink. That's why I have ever believed that its light pink type was the clue of a new type and as it was announced, the new fairy type.

told you guys thats 100% nonsense. no idea why everyone and their mother expected that.

Mitja said:

told you guys thats 100% nonsense. no idea why everyone and their mother expected that.

I think most people who actually used their heads would have figured this one out.

Raptor9229 said:

I think we all could see Sylveon not being gender exclusive and considering Eevee's gender ratio making Sylveon a gender exclusive evolution for a pokemon that will most likely be male when you get one would be stupid in my opinion.

You do know combee has an 87.5% chance of being male right? I don't think Eevee would ever have gender exclusive evolutions, but it's not impossible.

Sky Pillar said:
Raptor9229 said:

You do know combee has an 87.5% chance of being male right? I don't think Eevee would ever have gender exclusive evolutions, but it's not impossible.

But you can catch unlimited combees in-game. Eevee, there's usually only one, and good luck trying to get a female through breeding, believe me: I always need three female eevees and it's a veritable pain in the ass (especially if you are after a certain nature).

The gender exclusive eeveelution was a doomed idea from the start.

Back