XY Sylveon's type is pink

Teal said:
If Sylveon is normal or flying or any existing type I swear I will flip an IRL table.

Record iiiiiit.

And I think I have to agree with you. If they announced it on the same day as Sylveon, then whatever. But there's been so much build-up and hype that showing any existing types will just be... Bleh.

I don't know why I didn't notice it before...but its type seems so obvious now. Especially in the following picture:

1367774969302.jpg

I wonder if Sylveon will evolve through (happiness) bonds, will it have a counterpart that evolves with hate? If it is true, it will probably be Ghost (some Ghosts have sad stories from hating for example Bannette).

Flygon2071 said:
I wonder if Sylveon will evolve through (happiness) bonds, will it have a counterpart that evolves with hate? If it is true, it will probably be Ghost (some Ghosts have sad stories from hating for example Bannette).

Does it have a counterpart? Probably not.

AdamLambert said:
Teal said:

Is it possible that it could evolve from walking with it in your party? Like using the step counter on the 3ds?

If the new rumored bonding mechanic is true-

The one where you can link your Pokemon to eachother to boost stats or moves or something or other.

Id imagine Eevee would evolve when the bond maxed out with a Fairy type or something to that effect.

AdamLambert said:
Teal said:
Is it possible that it could evolve from walking with it in your party? Like using the step counter on the 3ds?
I really doubt that all you have to do for bonding is walking IRL. But evolving a Pokémon that way sounds really cool nevertheless. I'd love it if a Pokémon would force you to walk 250 000 steps (with it in your party) for you to evolve it. No kidding.

Whitefire said:
Also, I keep my 3Ds safe at home mostly and generally keep it only in my room, so i hope it doesn't go by stepcount |D
Depending on where you live (if you live in a city), you might StreetPass people when you go out. :3 You should try it, it's fun! You also get those coins. I have streetpassed someone 775 times and I live in Finland. Sure, most of them are from conventions, but I still ocassionally streetpass one or two players when I take my 3DS into the centre of Tampere.

Teal said:
Whitefire said:
Also, I keep my 3Ds safe at home mostly and generally keep it only in my room, so i hope it doesn't go by stepcount |D
Depending on where you live (if you live in a city), you might StreetPass people when you go out. :3 You should try it, it's fun! You also get those coins. I have streetpassed someone 775 times and I live in Finland. Sure, most of them are from conventions, but I still ocassionally streetpass one or two players when I take my 3DS into the centre of Tampere.

I live in the middle of nowhere, sadly. Coins?

Whitefire said:
Because the links on the first page are wack. And heres the other one.

It's fairy. It just seems inevitable at this point. v__v

It's not that Fairy is inevitable, I think the biggest hint is the secrecy surrounding its type. If I recall right, it's the first casual Pokemon to not have its type kept secret for over a month. Legendaries are understandable, but on a casual mon it seems a bit off, and if there was months of secrecy and 'What type could Sylveon be?!' and the ridiculous type test thing on Smash, only to reveal that 'Sylveon is a Flying type!' then it would just be bleh

The coins you get for walking every day (you get a coin for every 100 steps). Max 10 per day. You can use them in some games.

Guys, it's clearly pink type with a secondary type of blue ...
No but seriously i welcome a new type and i don't think they'd keep it secret just to troll us with an existing one

Haters need to stop. Pink is an awesome colour. If you associate the colour with females that's kind of lame of you.

Fairy or not, we need some Pink; Represent the P.I.N.K!

Thief said:
Haters need to stop. Pink is an awesome colour. If you associate the colour with females that's kind of lame of you.

Well yeah, I remember reading that pink was once considered masculine while blue was feminine. Sylveon has both in its color scheme xD
But that's irrelevant anyway, colors should be intended for everyone (and they are obviously). Let them hate, they are the ones allowing themselves to come off as ignorant. =P

It's gonna be a cute type. Oh yeah, and also, they will add Cyndaquil, piplup, and togepi to this type as well. Sorry if I missed a ton which I obviously did.
OBVIOUSLY the statement in my message above is false. But seriously, they added a Mewthree. Or a mewtwo form or whatever. I wouldn't doubt if they pulled something crazy like this.

Thief said:

PINK! (otherwise known as light red)
tl-real_men_wear_pink_shirt.jpg

Hackzo23 said:
4.) And finally, if you look at the newly released trailer, you can see Meowth going all googly eyes over Sylveon, which obviously shows he is attracted to it. And since he just met it it must be very beautiful to Meowth for him to go that crazy over it.

And for its type, even though i wish it wasn't, I have a pretty strong feeling it is just a stronger normal type. which it kinda makes sense. When Eevee evolves into anther type it get a lot stronger. It only makes sense that it would have a stronger normal type evolution too.

Meowth unknowingly fell for a male Purrloin he thought was a chick. Not that your idea is totally wrong or that the Sylveon in the short isn't female, BUT, Meowth falling for it doesn't prove that. ouo! I can't say one way or the other about your other reasons, the only thing I'm leaning towards is the probability of it being a new Fairy type. I'm just pointing out what has happened before, which takes away from the credence of that fourth reason you stated.

In general I'm really looking forward to the Fairy type Pokémon. :)
Cause I think they might all be cute and fluffy. x'D
I like pink a lot too, so.. Sylveon definitely became one of my favs. ^_^

Back