TCG Discussion - Please Read Before Posting in this Forum!

RE: TCG Discussion

Zyflair said:
I posted because I REALLY needed to quote this. =3

Evolution cards generally are not good for quick damage, as they're considerably slower than basics. For that reason, you'd have the quick damage associated with Basics. If you use evolutions, make sure it can pound out some fine damage with practical speed.

Thanks for the tip's guys.
I was kinda thinking I could rare candy quickly for Swoobat or leavanny but I forgot about
Tyrogue.

I was looking on pokemon.com at the set info for NV and found this info:

N, the first Trainer Rare Ultra Card
Introduction of Restored Pokémon
Full Art Cards of the Legendary Trio of Unova—Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion

Now that tells me that: Full Art N will be in this set, either one of the two, or both Archeops and Carracosta will be in this set, and that we will be getting the Full Arts of Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion. This brings the number of cards we know in this set to either 12, 13, 15 or 16. (if my math is correct)

I believe they are. They are distributed by Pokemon, and have a solid border.
However, I'm not completely sure - I could be wrong.

I am a Pokemon TCG collector so this may sound stupid, but what is a shadowless card? I think it may have something to do with when the card was printed? Also how could you tell if a card is shadowless?

Pokemon ex said:
I am a Pokemon TCG collector so this may sound stupid, but what is a shadowless card? I think it may have something to do with when the card was printed? Also how could you tell if a card is shadowless?

Shakespeare's guide can help you.

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-base-set-card-guide

omahanime said:
Shakespeare's guide can help you.

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-base-set-card-guide

Thanks omahanime. I knew what 1st edition cards were as I have many of them, but the whole shadowless term I didn't understand. So shadowless cards refer to when the cards were printed and are 1st edition, but some shadowless cards got the 1st edition symbol removed. Thanks for helping. :)

Hey, I was wondering if using code cards to buy bosters in PTCGO was the only way to get cards on their. I want to playtest my reshiphlosion deck and haven't gotten any useful cards. It seems like a lot of people have gotten all the cards they need to make a deck and I don't see how that's possible. I have bought a good amount of boosters and haven't gotten anything to make a real deck. Just want to know how to get cards other ways if possible and the amount of boosters you have gotten to get your decks built on PTCGO.

You can trade, other than that there's no way of buying individual cards...

Trading is the best way to do it. Also, you can trade boosters for single cards that you need.

Pokemon ex said:
Thanks omahanime. I knew what 1st edition cards were as I have many of them, but the whole shadowless term I didn't understand. So shadowless cards refer to when the cards were printed and are 1st edition, but some shadowless cards got the 1st edition symbol removed. Thanks for helping. :)

vilebaseball said:
2nd Issue: This Issue contains the unlimited (non first edition) shadowless cards. Like the 1st Ed cards,
their copyright date reads, "1995, 96, 98, 99 (...) 1999". FYI, the best way to tell if your card is shadowless is by reading this text.
Non shadowless cards don't have 99 listed in the string of years.

Does anyone know where you can print custom playmats? I asked at Fedex Office and they said they couldn't.

This may not be directly related to TCG discussion but this seems the best place to put it.

I would use Ink Jet T shirt transfer sheet or a silk screen shop.

richkid50000 said:
Does anyone know where you can print custom playmats? I asked at Fedex Office and they said they couldn't.

This may not be directly related to TCG discussion but this seems the best place to put it.

I have a friend that air-brushes art on to her mats. You may want to consider that.

the aura is with me8 said:
I was looking on pokemon.com at the set info for NV and found this info:

N, the first Trainer Rare Ultra Card
Introduction of Restored Pokémon
Full Art Cards of the Legendary Trio of Unova—Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion

Now that tells me that: Full Art N will be in this set, either one of the two, or both Archeops and Carracosta will be in this set, and that we will be getting the Full Arts of Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion. This brings the number of cards we know in this set to either 12, 13, 15 or 16. (if my math is correct)

Not to nitpick but the N part is technically wrong because Time Space Distortion is also an Ultra-rare card and is a trainer lol.

Riskbreakers said:
Not to nitpick but the N part is technically wrong because Time Space Distortion is also an Ultra-rare card and is a trainer lol.

Lol I didn't write that, I forgot how to put stuff in qoute boxes, pokemon.com wrote that. (I wrote the part about how many known cards there are) (sorry if this doesn't make sense, I'm bad at wording things)

Also, when they say restored pokemon, I think they mean pokemon from gens 1-4, not fossils

Back