Team Transform- Shutting down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Team Transform- TOPIC: CITIES ARE UNDERWAY! What have you seen so far?

sonicyellow said:
if you mean decks that focus on hg/ss cards, here are some:

Feraligatr/Blastoise
Jumpluff
Blissey
Donphan
Ho-oh (not as much)

jirachinick said:
I'm not sure actually, since I'm making a deck that will pwn most HGSS decks... anyway, I got Ho-Oh Legend in Japanese, so I'm an exited person right now
ho-oh legend + 2 double colourless = awesomeness

K. Most of what you listed will be good. Don't forget Ampharos+Garchomp. ANYWAYS, Ho-Oh+DCE isn't as broken as you say. Read me Ho-Ohs attack. Discard an energy attached to Ho-oh. The only energy are...DCE? Yeah. 2 turns of charging needed. NOT. THAT. GOOD.

RE: Team Transform- TOPIC: CITIES ARE UNDERWAY! What have you seen so far?

I like stopping powers and bodies against hgss palkia locks and stuff see a revival..

RE: Team Transform- NOTICE- ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ 1ST PAGE ANNOUNCEMENT!!

K. Most of what you listed will be good. Don't forget Ampharos+Garchomp. ANYWAYS, Ho-Oh+DCE isn't as broken as you say. Read me Ho-Ohs attack. Discard an energy attached to Ho-oh. The only energy are...DCE? Yeah. 2 turns of charging needed. NOT. THAT. GOOD.
Yeah, but with Heatran Lv. X

^^HA! Let me quote something for you, someone talking abuot Blazetran and its usefulness. Basically, Blazetran CANNOT function without Heatran, right? Well this is the threat Heatran experiences with pre-HGSS stuff:

From a PM w/ Shadoworganoid:
Gengar can shadow room. And-if not, your forgetting the MASSIVE problem. Look at Gengar X's power, then at Heatran Xs retreat cost.

Tangrowth...yeah. Like anyone plays that lol.

Sps? Power spray+the ever so present DGX AND Garchomp C AND LUXRAY for just massive board control. You will never get that thing out buddy.

Flygon? Yeah right. Dude. Its called memory berry. They drag up your Heatran who has 4 RETREAT COST AND DECK THE CRUD OUTTA YOU. And if you G the Heatran? Extreme attack. You...pretty much lose all your advantages in one shot. Blazetran is awful. Sorry to say.

That is a few threats Heatran X will experience NOT counting Rain Dance, Charizard, PLOX, and yeah.

Don't use that strong of language from a PM, even if it had an asterisk.

dmaster out.

^
None of the legends are going to be good until Revived legends comes out here. I've also heard/read that legends give up two prizes, Ho-oh=epic phail. Lugia gets one KO then folds to Luxray and other stuff. IDK I honestly don't like much from HGSS,RL is better.

None of them are good, But they are cool to have.

They're good trade bait and all that stuff. HGSS really doesn't have any Pokemon that will change the format, only the DCE really.

I don't think Luxray is really good to be played because the Donphan really destroys it quickly.

Donphan's matchups aren't exactly too great though:

Beats:
Luxchomp
BLG
Shuppet
Flytrap

Loses to:
Gyarados
PalkiaChomp
GGtomb
DialgaChomp
Kingdra

It's a bad play, it shouldn't be played much

WailmerMan said:
Donphan's matchups aren't exactly too great though:

Beats:
Luxchomp
BLG
Shuppet
Flytrap

Loses to:
Gyarados
PalkiaChomp
GGtomb
DialgaChomp
Kingdra

It's a bad play, it shouldn't be played much

It also loses to Feraligatr. Donphan decks aren't that good. But either way, reversal would be played more often

^
What's BLG?
Donphan decks are alright,Kingdra decks will be much better.

Yea donphan decks are cool. Kingdra decks I hope will be really good.

I like either Kingdra or Gyarados, they seem like really good options.
Gardevoir is going to be overplayed, 'nuff said.

play a 1-0-1 exploud line and then donphan is very good. or play it with flygon instead of machamp. 60 for 1 energy= dead luxray.

Yes, you don't seem to understand that. With belt, Donphan has a virtual 160 HP. Doing 80 for 1. Add like Nidoqueen and that ALL GOES AWAY. Like Richkid said, Flyphan would be nice, because both smack for FANTASTIC numbers. And sure, Kingdra will hurt, but Ampharos will also be big, so that should keep water decks in check, and fire decks aren't a problem really. A fully healed Donphan(w/ belt) can survive a belted Kingdra hit. It will take something that can hit REALLY hard to take down Donphan, AND its fast.

yeah call energy t1 pull out phanpy. or sableye start get a bebes and find prime donphan. use something next turn to get phanpy candy into donphan and then attack for 60-80. its fast and lethal. the problem is how do you get 2-4 of them?

To argue against donphan your only points are that it can do 80 for one, and have a whopping 140 with beltright? well doesn't kingdra do 80 for one and a 150 hp with belt...oh yeah and the 20 on bench is a great bonus. I don't see the step up that donphan is getting lol.

mr.619 said:
Yea donphan decks are cool. Kingdra decks I hope will be really good.

kingdra's an awful play. SP's comin back strong, and nearly every SP deck you'll play will have garchomp in it. Kingdra has no hope.

So I finally finished my testing, and here's what I think.

JUMPLUFF
Pretty inconsistant, power's pretty good but opponents will limit their bench. Get's OHKO'ed way too easily.
Rating: 2/5

KINGDRA
Can get good prize advantage with it's speed, but all the garchomp will hurt its chances.
Rating: 2.5/5

DIALGACHOMP
Still pretty good, just its not at its prime anymore. Has less good matchups then before. It'll see a lot less play but still be good.
Rating: 3/5

BLG(Blazeraychomp)
Lost a lot of its luster. More S2 decks are becoming faster, so it just doesn't disrupt like it used to.
Rating: 2.5/5

GGTomb
Great deck when it can setup. Can be annoying or even powerful. The problem is with its weakness it's so easy to OHKO. Plus with expert belt released 110 HP has become even easier to kill. It got a huge boost, but maybe just not enough to be the BDIF
Rating: 3.5/5

PALKIACHOMP
Great deck, just i've never been a fan of palkia lock. If you give up the lock, they'll haver something stronger than you. In the end palkia isn't the greatest attacker, and neither is garchomp.
Rating: 2/5

FLYTRAP
This deck got BEASTLY. DCE makes it so good, with T2 power swing and better recovery after he gets killed. This is probably my 2nd favorite deck in the format.
4.5/5

SHUPPET
It'll stay about the same as last format, winning here and there but not dominating. Love the deck though.
Rating: 3.5/5

LUXCHOMP
This deck will gain a little with DCE, but it's really not gonna keep up with the huge changes all the other decks are making. It'll win here and there, but it's not the best.
Rating: 3/5

DONPHAN
Good deck, it just has it's bad matchups. It loses really bad to most of the water decks in the format, and exploud isn't really splashable in a S1 deck. It can usually win mainly just because of its speed. Not a bad play.
Rating: 4/5

GYARADOS
The BDIF> It beats almost everything i've listed. Collecter and communicator made this deck ridiculous. Have an extra sableye? Trade it for a karp. :/. Collecter also helps this deck, making it so you can get 3 karp or even 2 karp 1 baltoy. There' also the new poke gear that helps you setup or even get out of a bad hand.
Rating: 5/5

And that's my review of the next set. I know people will say why didn't you review gatr or amphytric.

gatr- garchomp annialates this deck, so does power spray and mesprit

amphytric- there are much better ways to hurt powers

Once Rain Dance gets going, you do 100 SNIPE every turn. And it has Lightning techs. BSD Blastoise is broke, the deck annhilates the mirror lol, I got roseannes, Iwin. It's gonna be fun. One thing people don't try to do is predict their own meta when decks come out, in the local area.
I can see: 1 or 2 Gyarados
3 or 4 Donkphan
1 or 2 Shuppet(yay me!)
MAYBE 1 Amphy
and the rest.... ROGUE or BLS on some type of drug. Easy Deck to play.

yeah and what happens if they mesprit? Or spray your claydol? Or kill your claydol? How're you even getting any energy?

^^ many people are considering 1-1 Bronzong SF. Also, who cares if they kill Claydol. Once set up, and when you do your 100 snipe every turn, you can just draw into stuff to search it. It doesn't drown without it. Because when you get 4 energy, its over. Its really not THAT bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back