Tera Hydreigon ex, Tera Tatsugiri ex, Milotic ex, Jasmine, and More from “Supercharged Breaker!”

So now we're going to have to deal with a mill deck that also does solid damage? That's gonna be rough. Anyone who wants to say that 200 isn't enough damage to worry about needs to refer to how well Dragapult has done. It's not hard to boost that up to 230-240 and one shot basics and 200 two shots everything.
Is Dragapult doing better these days?

I think I wouldn't play Sparkling Crystal as long as Dark patch is in the format. You can play some different ace spec like Prime Catcher for gusting or Unfair stamp to make them suffle their hand to their deck before you discard cards from their deck
Playing with munkidori in the deck is a must, and maybe a copy of roaring moon ex. I think unfair stamp is probably better than prime catcher for this deck

I can imagine Hydreigon being a Tier 1 or high 2 threat. On first thought, I'd put it in a deck with Pidgeot and the Crystal ACE SPEC, do a solid 200 with one Energy, then get the Crispin and take the knockout while harming the Bench. Dark types also have a ton of support in Pecharunt and Janine so there's plenty of other options to explore.

I hope this Milotic has an SIR. The last really special Milotic was in Gen 4. I’m glad it’s had a 2 prizer for 2 gens now though, even if a full art V isn’t particularly special
I was going to say the last TG for Milotic came out recently but when I checked that was 2 years ago! We are definitely due! The Shiny Miltoc art from Gen 4 was truly something else

OH COOOL ! Togetic here by Teeziro is another piece of their current puzzle/combo image - connects with the Watrell from TWM and the Passimian + vibrava from Paradise dragona 👀👀

Looked up more and it also connects with

SCR - Slowpoke
TWM - Torkal
TEF - dudunsparce
SFA - Golbat

Last edited:
So I just now got to reply to this, lemme just break down how insane this Hydreigon is going to be.

You could use Sparkling Crystal for easy 200 Damage plus the mill, but you can very easily make that 240 with Binding Mochi and Janine's Secret Technique and an attach. Against a Zard deck, 240 and losing 3 cards can be a big deal especially if it discards candies and rods. Now attach Neo Upper on the next turn and you KO that Zard with 170 and throw 130 onto two of its supports. Because Neo Upper takes the place of two energies, you do not have to use any other type of Energy over Darkness in theory, so if you need to be extremely aggressive against an Evolution deck, this is your overall best option.

The biggest weakness I see with this Hydreigon ex is one Teal Mask Ogerpon ex will very easily demolish it the same way it can with Zard, and you can't really do much about it as a result. You would want to back up Hydreigon ex with Okidogi ex in case of an emergency.

Still, this Hydreigon ex has signaled Darkness is making a massive comeback, and it started with Shrouded Fable. Very happy about it tbh.

On the other cards, Milotic ex is gonna be interesting for future Water decks but it seems fairly weak on its own, Slaking ex is too situational right now when there is a decent trove of single-prize deck archetypes, the Tatsugiri ex is some absolute meme material, the Togekiss might be really funny for Gardy decks, but to be honest there's not really a whole lot of good stuff outside of Stellar Pikachu ex and Hydreigon ex.

So I’m like, “Man, I haven’t been on Pokébeach for a hot second, let’s see some new cards!”
So I roll up and see this:
IMG_6604.jpeg

“So umm is this the meta now? Is it Tera/Milotic/Other RPS? With gusting around Milotic a bunch?”

1727139931878.jpeg

“Oh, well that’s just dandy. Like we need ANOTHER Pokémon that increases prize cards drawn. At least this is a stage 2 and there’s no great way to set it up… *foreshadowing*”

1727140005880.jpeg

“So this both forces you to watch your deck size AND make sure you have protection? Great…”

1727140067524.jpeg

“Well, now we can use Togekiss…Sigh.”

This power creep seems wild to me.

So I’m like, “Man, I haven’t been on Pokébeach for a hot second, let’s see some new cards!”
So I roll up and see this:
View attachment 19876

“So umm is this the meta now? Is it Tera/Milotic/Other RPS? With gusting around Milotic a bunch?”

View attachment 19878

“Oh, well that’s just dandy. Like we need ANOTHER Pokémon that increases prize cards drawn. At least this is a stage 2 and there’s no great way to set it up… *foreshadowing*”

View attachment 19879

“So this both forces you to watch your deck size AND make sure you have protection? Great…”

View attachment 19880

“Well, now we can use Togekiss…Sigh.”

This power creep seems wild to me.

Like I said, Milotic and Tatsugiri are kind of memes. The only truly broken card in this article right now is Hydreigon ex. Cinnabar on Tatsu is such an obtuse energy cost that they would have to make a Dragon type special energy for it to be somewhat usable in a general setting. It does have the one upside of having one retreat cost, so Rescue Board would be ideal for it.

I really love the coloring on the Hydreigon ex. It fits, because it was introduced in Black and White, so the fact that it has a Black and White coloring on it, it's the perfect card! I'd love to get it!

I wouldn't roll the dice trying to cheat Pokemon into play with this attack. Even if you don't completely whiff the attack and you bring out some big attacker, you still have to power them up after Tatsugiri gets killed, and its HP is so low it dies to a stiff breeze.

I would hate to spend Sparkling Crystal on this. The first attack isn't strong enough (doesn't even OHKO Mimikyu@Bravery Charm and 3HKOs Milotic ex - yikes) and the second attack is unreliable. Not being able to be sniped while on the Bench is virtually irrelevant when Prime Catcher or Boss's Orders is always within reach. The whole card is just underwhelming.
There's always a niche and some people are going to be happy it got some love. Not every card needs to be busted top meta. Game needs balance

Back