The Collector's Showcase: Post Pictures of Any Type of Pokémon Collection!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Collector's Showcase - Please try to post a picture!

Artemis said:
View binders + print your own covers = win

I too use Avery binders, letter size ones for English cards, half size ones for Japanese cards. I use vectored versions of my favourite card art to decorate the front, back, and spine of the binders.

I forgot to mention, I use blue for English, Black for Japanese, and white for other.

I color-code my Ultra Rares. I have 6-8 different color sleeves for my Ultra Rares and errors and specials.

That's a good idea using a special color for Japanese (as I have a manageable amount), but then again I have a whole binder for my Japanese cards

LOL daelum i know thecatsmeowth or kat....shes a friend and local pokemon player. LOL i didnt know she had that many cards though! her binders do like like mine, but i have my binders arranged alphabetically. so when 1 binder seems too full i will re-arrange them and get more binders...My 1st binder is just abra to breloom.

Thanks for the ideas everyone. So far I have only been working to complete the Black & White expansion sets. They are taking up two zippered binders. I'd like to have one set per binder, but I really prefer zippered binders to non-zippered (just in case a card falls out). Hopefully I can find some reasonably priced zippered binders and come up with a neat way to label/identify them. Unfortunately I am not very artistic and wouldn't be able to make cool, customized, Pokemon-themed inserts or anything :p.

I think I posted this before but this may help:

I put all of my complete (and in-progress), sets into high quality, 1" binders. However, I have a lot of Holos/URs from sets I don't ever intend to complete. I also have a lot of other notables that I put into separate sets. One example of this would be my EX FA collection. The collection is so small, I can't justify a binder. So, I store the cards in color schemed Ultra Pro sleeves and top loaders. Then I organize by set number in a cardboard box built to store cards. The cards are all safely and well stored, but I can't really display them. :p

I have only 2 of the 3-inch d ring binders, one for grass, fire, water, electric, and drago. The other binder is for poison/ psychic, fighting, normal, steel, and dark. I have another binder full of my holo trainers, badges, league patches, topps Pokémon cards, and base-neo cards. I sort everything by color background, generation, pokedex number, and expansion. I also use the ultrapro sleeves :p I buy those in bulk! Since I wanna collect all the card rts my holos are mixed with my commons.

Hi guys! I am a very lucky gal today! ^-^ Some generous person who gets a zillion Kudos and the Kindest Person of the Year Award gave me a gift! Now here ya'll go, you wanted more pikachus now feast your eyes on my mega pikachu army! ^-^ Not as many cards as Omahanime's wife :p But WOW I am so grateful I obtained these! I cried when I opened the package...T-T Here is total update! :p This was the best day ever!

Pikachu Bomb Ahoy!

new1.png

IMG_3287.jpg

IMG_3274.jpg

IMG_3271.jpg

Untitled-4.png

new3.png

new2.png

IMG_3676.jpg

IMG_3677.jpg

IMG_3679.jpg

IMG_3680.jpg

also, check out what I got for $1.78 on ebay! Under that, my awesome FA Japanese mew I mention earlier.

new4.png

IMG_3576.jpg

Oh yes...and look who made it into my store! >:3 *buys on impluse* LOL good thing I knew about him 2 months ago, I had just enough extra $$ I have been saving up just for this! These guys will be released on the 16th if you want one ;P

IMG_3624.jpg

... Who is this person O_O
Awesome collection, SM!

yes im wondering if its someone you know from here, league, your work etc> lol great gift they get a kudos from me

thanks! ^-^ Its a friends from up north :p I will keep him anonymous though. He really does deserve some kind of trophy for being so kind! I still have some pikachus on my list but luckily they are the cheapo commons Im bidding for on ebay like $1 lol. Im wondering if anyone else here collects like so many cards of one pokemon? I have a friend who collects only mews!

Shiningmilotic said:
thanks! ^-^ Its a friends from up north :p I will keep him anonymous though. He really does deserve some kind of trophy for being so kind! I still have some pikachus on my list but luckily they are the cheapo commons Im bidding for on ebay like $1 lol. Im wondering if anyone else here collects like so many cards of one pokemon? I have a friend who collects only mews!

I know a member on some other forums that has a complete Mew collection (well, not anymore - they are waiting for the price to drop to buy the new EX and EX FA Mews) with every card art in English and Japanese (including all the Ancient Mew versions and rare promos like Victory Orb). The same person also collects Virizion cards.

I myself am trying to get a Rayquaza and an Entei collection going :)

Shiningmilotic said:

There are more Pickachus than any thing else. So are you asking if anyone else has a big collection of one Pokemon?

Familiar said:
There are more Pickachus than any thing else. So are you asking if anyone else has a big collection of one Pokemon?

well, it is a pikachu collection showcase so there will be more pikachus than anything :p

Yep, if anyone has a cool collection similar to mine of just one pokemon Id love to see!! ^-^ Those collections are the neatest!

Shiningmilotic said:
well, it is a pikachu collection showcase so there will be more pikachus than anything :p

Yep, if anyone has a cool collection similar to mine of just one pokemon Id love to see!! ^-^ Those collections are the neatest!

I have a pretty decent Mewtwo collection coming along.

I'll take some pictures when I have a chance! :)

I received a shipment of awesome stuff I ordered last month. Sooo happy these came. Here's my almost complete set of the 1997 bandai cards.

DSCF4297_zps73a6c40c.jpg

DSCF4298_zpsd9057e9e.jpg

DSCF4299_zpsb3300455.jpg

DSCF4300_zps762119e2.jpg

DSCF4301_zps0a8fd0b5.jpg

DSCF4302_zps2ed63e18.jpg

DSCF4303_zps8719e2eb.jpg

DSCF4304_zpsc3936f36.jpg

DSCF4305_zps450c081a.jpg

I've got like tons of doubles! It's really awesome, I just love how these cards look with their non-generic Ken Sugimori poses. I wasn't expecting the special card at the end but it was also included in the huge lot so I was definitely pumped when I saw that. So yeah, not a complete set, but I'm pretty sure collecting the rest should be easy minus the other special card I'm missing.

@ForeignDude,

Wow, the artwork on those is amazing. That is a *very* impressive collection! :D

P.S. If you happen to have a double of Mewtwo, feel free to shoot me a PM if you trade online.

I find those cards really interesting because they were made so early into Pokemon's life - there's all sorts of beta elements still present in that artwork that have vanished over the years, like Kakuna's "arms" and Cubone's smaller mask. And they weren't afraid to do a lot of weird/goofy things like Ditto transforming into three Pokemon at once. :D

Wow those are incredible! Dang...I want those now! Haha.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did those set you back?

Are Pikachu and Eevee the only holographic cards? That Clefairy looks a bit holo too... Are they all holo?

Frost said:
I find those cards really interesting because they were made so early into Pokemon's life - there's all sorts of beta elements still present in that artwork that have vanished over the years, like Kakuna's "arms" and Cubone's smaller mask. And they weren't afraid to do a lot of weird/goofy things like Ditto transforming into three Pokemon at once. :D

Indeed, the artwork is what grabs me most here, and I don't even care about that usually!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back