The Collector's Showcase: Post Pictures of Any Type of Pokémon Collection!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Collector's Showcase - Please try to post a picture!

yeah i love that umbreon....i have it but im still missing the mcds umbreon and shiny umbreon...which makes me wonder ...why the HECK didnt TPI make a holo version of shiny espeon and shiny umbreon??? i mean lots of pop commons and even rares and ex (ho-oh, armaldo ex.) cards they made into holo versions....i was so looking forward to them later releaseing espeon/umbreon shiny holos (like in a box set or something) but alas they have yet to do so... sigh....

SoulWind said:
That's one of my favorite Umbreons out there and it's one of the most expensive ones if I recall!

054/L-P Umbreon
026/PLAY Umbreon

Are other ones.

Haha cheers :D
Yeah it's getting kinda expensive to find one nowadays.
I'm also missing the Mcd Umbreon and the gold star, looking to buy the star pretty soon. It is a bit disappointing that we never got holo version of it or Espeon. Probabaly one of the reasons as to why the PLAY Umbreon Omahamine mentioned is so expensive.

As requested, here are some pictures of the complete RH Legendary Collection. :D

I just recently acquired a Mint Eevee RH 74/110 to complete this set so I am very happy! Each card is in Pristine Mint condition except Moltres RH 30/110 which is borderline Near-Mint. This set is normally very difficult and expensive to complete but I had a lot of good luck for once in the CCG. I managed to get amazing pulls out of a single Booster box (which I also got a great deal on). Then, I was able to get 90% of the cards I needed in Pristine condition, all in one lot. All in all, the set was difficult but fun to complete. Here come the pics! Hopefully they came out alright and enjoy!

P1000495.jpg

P1000488.jpg

P1000489.jpg

P1000490.jpg

P1000491.jpg

P1000492.jpg

P1000493.jpg

P1000494.jpg

SoulWind, that is just beautiful! How long did it take you to complete?

I started the set on May 26th this year and just got the last card in the mail a few days ago. :)

The reason it was difficult to complete was because I had to hunt down Mint condition cards roughly a decade old. Mostly the RHs and some of the Normal Holos. I bought several from different sellers on eBay, a few from professor-oak, a normal Holo from a vendor 45 minutes away from my house, etc. :p So really I was actively seeking the cards I needed and making sure to get as many in flawless condition as possible. Technically, I could still use a Mint Moltres RH 30/110 but I'm not too stressed over that. The only noticeable damage is some edge wear and you wouldn't know unless I told you.

All in all, I'm happy with the accomplishment. :D

Wow, now that is a reverse holo collection worth the effort :p
Nice work man!

Soulwind, I am overjoyed at seeing you finally complete your RH Legendary Collection set! I only know of one other person to have done so! Bravo my friend :)

Daelum said:
Soulwind, I am overjoyed at seeing you finally complete your RH Legendary Collection set! I only know of one other person to have done so! Bravo my friend :)

That is right. Me, but you forgot Shakespeare.

Congratulations SoulWind!

It's awesome knowing that the set is in the hands of such a great person who will thoroughly enjoy it!

viper.fox said:
@PikachewTofu
re: Magikarp
Private sale. Simply was right place, right time, and a very considerate and kind seller who was both happy to wait for payments to start and also take payment plans. Ended up costing me around $800AUD converted, but a very nice price for a hard to get card. I'm so stoked! It's probably going to arrive in the new year at this rate, so it'll be a brilliant way to start off 2011 for me. If you'd like I can always keep an eye out in the collecting circles for you if another pops up?

@konter_j8902
re: Mewtwo
GB Mewtwo. 2001 promo, and price seems to vary. I scored mine with the GB Lugia and the actual Game Boy game, so that set me back about $90USD since the game and cards were immaculate. I've seen them go for about $15-$60, though. Depends on if it's eBay or Yahoo Japan.

So this isn't just me throwing text everywhere, have another photo:

(I really love taking dynamic photos of some of my rarer/shinier cards, they're just so fun to work with if you've got the right lighting.)
[/quote]
Love that collection! I also enjoy collecting holo cards such as shiny, secret rare, ex, prime, level X, you get the idea lol.

omahanime said:
That is right. Me, but you forgot Shakespeare.

...Make that three then. I didn't know you two had the set as well! :D

Daelum said:

Thanks a ton! :)

Secret Pikachu said:
Congratulations SoulWind!
It's awesome knowing that the set is in the hands of such a great person who will thoroughly enjoy it!

Thank you! I'm not sure if you remember but you really helped me get that Eevee RH. :)

Daelum said:
...Make that three then. I didn't know you two had the set as well! :D

Shakespeare and omahanime have some amazing collections from what I've heard. :p

We gotta get them to take some pictures!

SoulWind said:
We gotta get them to take some pictures!

Shakespeare's collection is the cards scans on the main page.

Scanning my collection would be HUGE project. I am working on inventorying it. With a small fraction done, I can tell you I have over 3000 English cards, 550 English promos, 1200 Japanese cards, 1000 Japanese promos, and 2200 Japanese deck cards.

That is about 8000 cards. I guessing my collection must total 20k-25k cards, not including duplicates.

omahanime said:
Shakespeare's collection is the cards scans on the main page.

Scanning my collection would be HUGE project. I am working on inventorying it. With a small fraction done, I can tell you I have over 3000 English cards, 550 English promos, 1200 Japanese cards, 1000 Japanese promos, and 2200 Japanese deck cards.

That is about 8000 cards. I guessing my collection must total 20k-25k cards, not including duplicates.

Oh wow. So do you both have every English set complete?

Daelum said:
Oh wow. So do you both have every English set complete?

Shakespeare needs a few cards.

I have not tried to complete my recent English sets.

It's been a while.

I have a multitude of new additions since my untimely departure last year, yet it would be inappropriate to post every single one since:

▪ The number easily exceeds single digits; and
▪ If you're on a certain forum, you would have witnessed these already.

I will post the most recent ones and the most notable additions. In the meantime, I did relocate my photography album from Flickr to Photobucket (again).

2010 Zorua & Zoroark Illustrator Winner's Set – You can check out the individual photos, too.

IMG_4653.jpg

Victory Cup [Battle Carnival Spring 2012: World Challenge Tournament 3rd Place Prize]

IMG_5446.jpg

Pokémon Pal City Cards, Pokémon Festa 2007

IMG_5993.jpg

IMG_6000.jpg

IMG_5998.jpg

IMG_5987.jpg

IMG_6018.jpg

IMG_5984.jpg

The Pokemon Pal cards are all so cute :3

Though I can't help but think that they drew names out of hat when it came time to decide which Pokemon to feature on them. Jirachi and Cherubi? Teddiursa and Snover? ?_?

Wow, I love the artwork on the Pokémon Pal cards.

I also totally agree with Frost. :p They really picked the most random duos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back