The Collector's Showcase: Post Pictures of Any Type of Pokémon Collection!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Collector's Showcase - Please try to post a picture!

Jirachi and Cherubi are both really cute, so I see why they did that, but the Meowth and Stantler one still confuses me :p

I have a nice little announcement of my own. I completed the normal (i.e. non-holo) POP 5 set finally! I know it's not that rare of an achievement, but it's still pretty nice to have those 17 cards sitting in that binder page :)

Just picked this guy up for myself:

IMG_0004.jpg

DJGigabyte said:
Just picked this guy up for myself:

IMG_0004.jpg

Can you give us a ballpark number of it cost you?

DJGigabyte said:
It was. Now it's mine.

Haha well you have a very beautiful card there :)

DJ you must have a really good job....i want to finish my mews and mewtwos but just soo pricey (especially mew victory orb and super secret showdown mewtwo)

No really, just a minimum wage job. But I budget well.

@DJGigabyte,

Congratulations on obtaining such a rare card! Out of curiosity, how important is the condition on cards of that rarity? Obviously, nobody wants a card in awful condition, but would you have paid more for the card if it had been graded a PSA 10?

SoulWind said:
@DJGigabyte,

Congratulations on obtaining such a rare card! Out of curiosity, how important is the condition on cards of that rarity? Obviously, nobody wants a card in awful condition, but would you have paid more for the card if it had been graded a PSA 10?

Condition isn't very important. It would only affect the value if it was very significant wear.

I wouldn't have paid more for PSA10 or less for PSA8.

Look at what I just bought for my binder! This is my first japanese card since Team Rocket. I feel like I got a great bargain, not sure how much these go for but i LOVE this card! :p

DJGigabyte said:
Condition isn't very important. It would only affect the value if it was very significant wear.

I wouldn't have paid more for PSA10 or less for PSA8.

That's what I would've guessed. The difference between PSA 9 and PSA 10 is so small too. :p

Shiningmilotic said:
Look at what I just bought for my binder! This is my first japanese card since Team Rocket. I feel like I got a great bargain, not sure how much these go for but i LOVE this card! :p

Congratulations! It looks like you did get a great bargain. I've seen the card go for $35 but that was a couple months ago I last even looked at it. That's one of the best looking FAs in my opinion. I'm sure you'll love the texture if you haven't already seen one in person. :D

^ holy sprinkles, wow ok yeah I feel super lucky right now! xD Yay! I have quite a few FA and omg yes indeed I love the texture! <3 This is my favorite fullart too :) I think it looks fancy with the Japanese. Thank you for letting me know how much they are! I just saw a few myself just now about $45 but they were BIN so they are gonna be a lil pricer.

I hope this question is relevant enough to post here:

How do you protect and display your collections, specifically completed sets? A plain old binder just doesn't seem to do justice, and the Pokemon themed binders I have purchased and/or seen online only hold eighty or ninety cards. Am I just not looking very thoroughly?

Ultra Pro Collector´s Card Album - Black (Holds around 100 pages)
Ultra Pro 9er Pocket-Pages PLATINUM

Using them for all my complete Japanese sets, from Base to BW6. They look great and never had problems with them in all the years of collecting.

Secret Pikachu said:

How do you protect and display your collections, specifically completed sets? A plain old binder just doesn't seem to do justice, and the Pokemon themed binders I have purchased and/or seen online only hold eighty or ninety cards. Am I just not looking very thoroughly?

I use Avery 1/2" Durable view binders, and print my own covers.

Dracidius said:
Ultra Pro 9er Pocket-Pages PLATINUM

Also I protect holos and glossies with Ultra.Pro card sleeves. I bought a case of 10,000.

View binders + print your own covers = win

I too use Avery binders, letter size ones for English cards, half size ones for Japanese cards. I use vectored versions of my favourite card art to decorate the front, back, and spine of the binders.

Secret Pikachu said:

Well my end plan for my collection is to have a binder for each set. Just a normal 3-ring binder, with the view slot for the checklist. Then inside I'd have the normal set then the reverse holo set. So pretty much like this person here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back