Collecting The English Booster Box "Pull Rates" Thread

Booster Boxes

So, my first booster box was Plasma Storm. I pulled one full art, 2 ace specs, and two EX's. Then, I purchased another booster box but it was Plasma Freeze this time. I was very disappointed because I only got 2 EX's and neither of them were a full art. It may or may not just be a theory or gossip, but I heard every box was guaranteed at least one full art card? Which is why this second booster box upset me. Is this theory about getting a full art no matter what true, or was I just unlucky with the second booster box?

RE: Booster Boxes

It is not guaranteed that you'll get a Full Art in a Booster Box. Booster Boxes nowadays are very random when it comes to pull ratios.

Sometimes, you get great pulls. For example, I once got a Plasma storm box and pulled Shiny charizard, Lugia ex regular, and victini ex FA and regular.

Omahanime got a plasma storm box and got no ultra rares.

BWAHAHAHAHA sry Omahanime, that's just terrible luck.

I've honestly never seen a box/opened a box that doesn't have an FA in it. In BLW I got WAY to many though.

Okeanos said:
Is this theory about getting a full art no matter what true, or was I just unlucky with the second booster box?

God no. I've opened three boxes in the last year that had zero full arts. :/

I opened my Plasma Freeze boz today. These were pulls.

5 Shadow Triad (1 reverse)
5 Superior Energy Retrievals (1 reverse)
4 Exeggcute
4 Rattata (Needed for deck)
4 Team Plasma Ball
4 Plasma Energy (1 reverse)
1 Mr. Mime (Needed as the deck tech)
1 Leafeon (Its a decent card)
5 Float stones (1 reverse)
5 Plasma Badges (1 reverse)
3 Frozen Cities
1 Ghetsis
1 Rock Guard
----------------- Divider just so you can keep track----------
1 Umbreon
1 6 ft. under Cofagrigus
1 Sceptile
1 Kyurem
1 Metagross
1 Chandelure
1 Electrode
-------------Cool reverses---------
Leafeon
Flareon
Reshiram
Bisharp (Uncommon)
2 Rare bisharp
1 6 ft. under Cofagrigus
1 Dratini (Dragon type reverses are best)
1 Vanilluxe
--------------------------Ultra rares ^.^-----------------
1 Latias EX full art (Already had regular)
1 Ghetsis Full Art
1 Heatran EX NFA

Then, the box was getting really bad, very few holos being pulled, when suddenly...
A wild THUNDERUS EX REGULAR APPEARS!

So we went from 0 Full Art to 3 Full Art and Thundurus EX.

I am now 100% sure people can weigh boxes, TPCi is a bunch of idiots.

Good pulls though!

That's a good box! I really wish TCPI would make boxes with fixed pull rates. Example:
Box A:
2 Ace Specs
3 EXs
0 EX FAs
1 Shiny
9 Holos

Box B:
3 Ace Specs
2 EXs
1 EX FA
0 Shiny
8 Holos

Box C:
1 Ace Spec
2 EXs
2 EX FAs
0 Shiny
7 Holos

Box D
0 Ace Specs
2 EXs
3 EX FAs
0 Shiny
4 Holos

Box E:
1 Ace Spec
2 EXs
1 EX FA
1 Shiny
6 Holos

Box F:
1 Ace Spec
1 EX
0 EX FAs
2 Shiny
5 Holos

Yeah, i heard about this whole weighting the packs and boxes situation. Yeah, I ended up picking up my box from Frank and Sons and figured pulling 3FA and 2 EX is pretty dang epic. :)

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Its possible to weigh boxes? Like, sealed boxes?

I suppose it's technically possible, but I think it would be highly unlikely to do it in a way that would be successful. The variance in weight for a "good" pack versus a "bad" pack is rather minimal; it may not be very hard to tell when you're weighing single packs, but when you're accounting for a much greater number of packs being weighed all at the same time, plus the weigh for packaging materials, there's so much variance that it's hard to make conclusive findings. Picking the heaviest box could just be a matter of more holos or regular EXes and not a single FA, or even slightly more plastic packaging than average. Not to mention, you'd have to be in a situation where you can weigh and choose between multiple boxes, which basically means ordering at least a case and reselling the boxes you don't open, so it would be much more involved than single pack weighing, and for dubious results.

Got a 2nd box of plasma freeze..... 2nd pack pulled FA deoxys! The main reason I bought another box!

in all
4 UR- latios EX, FA latios EX, FA deoxys EX, tornadus Ex
HR 8
rev H R 7
R 23

0 float stone???
1 ghetsis
1 absol
1 umbreon
1 dragonite
several mr mimes and sableyes
1 hydreigon
1 kyurem

1 pack had a trainer, H hydreigon and rev H umbreon!

Reggie McGigas said:
any secret rares? I dont think they have just 2 EXs in a box and no FAs.

You think 2 EXes and no FA is bad? Talk to poor omahanime:

omahanime said:
I opened a box of Plasma Storm

8 holos
Pulled 2 RH from 1 pack

exdarkrai01 said:

omahanime said:

For the past few sets, English pull rates have been all over the board. It used to be a set 2 EXes, 1 FA, but that hasn't been true since before Plasma, if I remember correctly. Some get lucky, others don't. Booster boxes are no longer a "safe" investment when it comes to English releases.

Artemis said:
Booster boxes are no longer a "safe" investment when it comes to English releases.

Which Japanese more attractive to collectors. Speaking of which I better go pay for an order.

So my friend opened a Dragons box, got Shiny Rayquazza, Ho Oh and Registeel FA and Terrakion and Mew regular. By your guys' standards this is a really good box, no?

omahanime said:
Artemis said:
Booster boxes are no longer a "safe" investment when it comes to English releases.

Which Japanese more attractive to collectors. Speaking of which I better go pay for an order.

Yeah, definitely true, which is a shame in some ways. I love Japanese cards so much more than their English counterparts, though I do wish I could play with them.

Reggie McGigas said:
So my friend opened a Dragons box, got Shiny Rayquazza, Ho Oh and Registeel FA and Terrakion and Mew regular. By your guys' standards this is a really good box, no?

By whose standards would that *not* be a good box? >_> I guess maybe to a player it might not be the greatest if the cards aren't too playable (I'm pretty ignorant of the current format, so I don't know if this is true or not), but at least the cards would be good for trading if nothing else, and it's still a hell of a lot better than no EXes at all.

I was thinking of buying a box of one of the plasma sets, but now after seeing how unpredictable the pulls are, I think I'll buy a Dark Explorers. Pull rates for that set?

Back