Collecting The English Booster Box "Pull Rates" Thread

Lucky or not so rare...

I just finished opening 2 Plasma Freeze boxes and I'm a bit surprised at my pulls. Both had a secret rare card. Ultra ball and an Empoleon and a good number of full arts. I've never gotten a SR before so I'm quite shocked that I pulled 2 lol Question to y'all...If anyone knows yet are the pull rates very good for this set or did I just get extremely lucky? o___o;;

RE: Lucky or not so rare...

Why is that secret rares values are not high when they are so hard to pull compared to EX's and FA's which values are higher with the odd exception of course.

pokemoncatcher said:
Why is that secret rares values are not high when they are so hard to pull compared to EX's and FA's which values are higher with the odd exception of course.

Because they are reprints and many people prefer to play the cheaper versions

And SR's are [usually] not very playable. *coughcoughRayquazacoughcough*

Apart from the collectors point of view IMO it seems pointless to have secret rares isn't the whole point of secret rares is that one they are hard to find or pull which they are not considering the ratio of one per 2 to 3 boxes and second to be worth some money.
Coming from a collector of many trading cards over the years secret/hidden rares ECT were always like one in every 10 boxes some times one per pallet and so on any one else share opinion on this.

I opened 2 Plasma Freeze boxes and both had great pulls. From the first one, i got Full Art Juniper, Latias ex FA, Thundurus ex, Tornadus ex and the two Ace Spec. From the second, i got Deoxys ex FA, Thundurus ex FA, Heatran ex FA, Latios ex, Deoxys ex and a Rock Guard. I buy 1 or 2 boxes when a collection comes and the second of those was probably my best ever.

theducktamer said:
My boyfriend's Plasma Freeze box was pretty good.

FA Deoxys EX
FA Thundurus EX
NA Thundurus EX
NA Tornadus EX
FA Juniper
Life Dew ACE APEC
I think around 6-7 Holos

It was a great box overall. He got really lucky. :)

That is real weird. I had the exact same pull from one of my boxes except I had a NA Deoxys instead of your NA Tornadus.

My Plasma Freexe boxes haven't even been close to that.

First box:
Thundurus NA
Tornadus NA
Latios NA
Life Dew

Second box:
Thundurus NA
Heatran FA
Tornadus NA

Maybe I just got unlucky lol? My friend only got 2 EX's, an Ace Spec, and a SR. Looks like pull rates are wacko with this set.

My box had

Metagross
Heatran EX
Electrode
Empoleon
Deoxys EX
Tornadus EX
Umbreon
Zekrom
Chandelure
Sceptile
Ghetis

A friend of mine opened a box, Latias NA, Latios FA, both Tornadus and Rock Guard. Also Kyurem, Metagross, Ghetsis and some other rares or holos I can't remember.

8 boosters I got for winning my local battleroads:

1 Latios EX
1 Latios EX FA
2 Absol
Mr. Mime
Kecleon Reverse
1 Rock Guard
1 Sceptile

Am currently waiting for my booster box to arrive

My friend got a neat box a while ago, thought I'd share the pulls

This was Dragons Exhalted.

Shiny Rayquazza
Terrakion EX
Mew EX
Registeel EX FA

Not the best, but he did get the Shiny Rayquazza.

What is the pull rate for EX and such from BW-ON?

I just bought 3 Plasma Freeze Booster Packs (From my local Wal-mart) and I got a Heatran EX, Zekrom Holo, and ACE SPEC Life Dew.
I thought they are suppose to be rare? Or was I just lucky?

Ysmir said:
What is the pull rate for EX and such from BW-ON?

I just bought 3 Plasma Freeze Booster Packs (From my local Wal-mart) and I got a Heatran EX, Zekrom Holo, and ACE SPEC Life Dew.
I thought they are suppose to be rare? Or was I just lucky?

You were just lucky with those packs.

The common pull rate for EX series boxes pre Plasma Freeze is 2 EX, 1 or 2 FA and Shinies are 1 in 3 boxes. However, this doesn't apply to Dragons Exalted or Plasma Freeze because I've seen the pull rates go all over the place. (some Dragons Exalted boxes went as far as having no Holos or EXs and some Plasma Freeze boxes only had 2 EXs)

I don't know anything about booster box pulls for BW - NV.

BW-NV boxes (usually) had twelve cards above non-holo rare status, with two of them being full arts and the other ten being holos. Pikachu and Meowth had the same pull rates as the shinies in the proceeding sets

got 4 boxes of plasma freeze, opened 2 today:

1st box:

Tornadus EX Regular
Latias EX Regular
Tornadus EX Full Art
+
8-10 holos

(Bleh....)

2nd box:

Heatran EX Full Art
Deoxys EX Full Art
Ghetsis Supporter Full Art
Tornadus EX Full Art
+
8-10 holos

~Hmm, honestly I don't know what to say. The two boxes were so different. 0 ACE SPECS between 2 boxes, wtf? On the other hand, I got four full arts all in the same box. That's really really strange I think.

but yeah, just reporting my results.

Back