Contest The Fakers' Marathon 4! Final Score: 464 Points!

Masquerain HP: 90 [C]
283.png
Stage 1: Evolves from Surskit

masquerain.png

NO. 284 Eyeball Pokémon HT: 2'7" WT: 7.9 lbs.
[C] Startle Pattern 20
During your opponent's next turn, they can't attach an Energy card from their hand to their Pokémon unless they discard an Energy card from that Pokémon.

[C][C] Energy Cyclone 20x
This attack does 20 damage for each Energy card in your opponent's discard pile.

Weakness: [L] x2
Resistance: [F] -30
Retreat:

Its thin, winglike antennae are highly absorbent. It waits out rainy days in tree hollows.

I would like to enter for Text-based. Here’s my entry:

Shining Psyduck - Lightning - HP 70
Basic - Single Strike - Rapid Strike - Fusion Strike - Ultra Beast(?) - Team Plasma - Delta Species

NO. 054 Duck Pokémon HT: 2’7” WT: 43.2 lbs.

[C] Headache Lecture
Explain to your opponent the proof of Fermat’s Last Theorem. Both Active Pokémon are now Confused.

[P] Let It Rip
Fart in a tournament judge’s face. The tournament judge rates your fart on a scale of 1 to 10. Put that many damage counters on your opponent’s Pokémon in any way you like.

Weakness: [L]x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]
It has been found that its brain cells are only active when Psyduck is experiencing a headache.
I decided to create spoof cards as CardPone’s rules don’t state that cards must be tournament-legal. There are real spoof cards like Ancient Mew and Imakuni’s Doduo, so I think it’s ok.
Not too much to say about this card. The name of second attack is a reference to Beyblade. Does anyone still play this? No? Just me? Ok, I’ll leave…

50 Cent’s Meowth G - Darkness - HP 70
Basic - Pokémon SP

NO. 052 Scratch Cat Pokémon HT: 1’4” WT: 9.3 lbs.

[C] Pay Day
Your opponent pays you $0.50 USD (or equivalent). If your opponent can’t pay, this attack does 50 damage and you may take their wallet.

[D][D][D][D] Gee, You Knit? 420-
This attack does 150 less damage for each sweater, scarf, and bulletproof vest your opponent knits during this game.

Weakness: [F]x2
Resistance: [P]-30
Retreat: (gangsters don't retreat)
It washes its face regularly to keep the coin on its forehead spotless. It doesn’t get along with a rapper named Ja Rule.
To commemorate the P25 album, there are Pokemon cards based on musicians like J Balvin and Post Malone. So I followed this trend and made a card featuring the rapper 50 Cent. He was also part of a group, as hinted in the second attack.
Although this card isn’t Team Galactic card, I wanted the “G” in its name, so it has to be a Pokemon SP.
Anyways, I hope you like my cards!

This is my first time discovering and entering Fakers' Marathon. It seems like this contest has way more entries compared to CaC. No offense to Jabberwock, but perhaps we should do Fakers' Marathon instead of CaC?

Last edited:
I would like to enter for Text-based. Here’s my entry:

Shining Psyduck - Lightning - HP 70
Basic - Single Strike - Rapid Strike - Fusion Strike - Ultra Beast(?) - Team Plasma - Delta Species

NO. 054 Duck Pokémon HT: 2’7” WT: 43.2 lbs.

[C] Headache Lecture
Explain to your opponent the proof of Fermat’s Last Theorem. Both Active Pokémon are now Confused.

[P] Let It Rip
Fart in a tournament judge’s face. The tournament judge rates your fart on a scale of 1 to 10. Put that many damage counters on your opponent’s Pokémon in any way you like.

Weakness: [L]x2
Resistance:
It has been found that its brain cells are only active when Psyduck is experiencing a headache.
I decided to create spoof cards as CardPone’s rules don’t state that cards must be tournament-legal. There are real spoof cards like Ancient Mew and Imakuni’s Doduo, so I think it’s ok.
Not too much to say about this card. The name of second attack is a reference to Beyblade. Does anyone still play this? No? Just me? Ok, I’ll leave…

50 Cent’s Meowth G - Darkness - HP 70
Basic - Pokémon SP

NO. 052 Scratch Cat Pokémon HT: 1’4” WT: 9.3 lbs.

[C] Pay Day
Your opponent pays you $0.50 USD (or equivalent). If your opponent can’t pay, this attack does 50 damage and you may take their wallet.

[D][D][D][D] Gee, You Knit? 420-
This attack does 150 less damage for each sweater, scarf, and bulletproof vest your opponent knits during this game.

Resistance: [P]-30
Retreat: (gangsters don't retreat)
It washes its face regularly to keep the coin on its forehead spotless. It doesn’t get along with a rapper named Ja Rule.
To commemorate the P25 album, there are Pokemon cards based on musicians like J Balvin and Post Malone. So I followed this trend and made a card featuring the rapper 50 Cent. He was also part of a group, as hinted in the second attack.
Although this card isn’t Team Galactic card, I wanted the “G” in its name, so it has to be a Pokemon SP.
Anyways, I hope you like my cards!

This is my first time discovering and entering Fakers' Marathon. It seems like this contest has way more entries compared to CaC. No offense to Jabberwock, but perhaps we should do Fakers' Marathon instead of CaC?

Create-a-Card and Fakers' Marathon are two fundamentally different events. In CaC, you are directly competing against other entrants to see who has the best card. In the Fakers' Marathon, you are working with all the other members to achieve the highest collective score by submitting new cards, and no single card is graded and scored by any kind of rubric other than the quality standard and the checkboxes it checks.

To simplify: CaC is about quality, whereas Fakers' Marathon is about quantity. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

Ekans_FM4.png

I forgot that custom blanks are worth more points, so I broke out the ol' Winchfall ones. Still up there with my favorite custom blanks ever.

Art by Tapi Oka on pixiv, holosheet by Neko, blank and all other resources by asche.

Well, I've finished my first card in a while! I made it using a photograph I took during thanksgiving break.
Axew FAM4-CHM1.1.png
Firstly, I really wanted to make a card using this photograph. The tones, shades, lighting, focus, all worked together splendidly (although perhaps professional photographers might not be as quick to agree). In fact, I'm not sure why I chose to use a holosheet. The card would have looked perfectly fine without one. I guess I was just curious. About half way through this project I had the idea of trying an EX-series style "reverse holo" effect, hence the inclusion of the "set" symbol on the illustration in the form of a stamp. Inspiration for the effect for Dragon's Cairn was drawn from the idea of stacking a cairn (while Windfall Topple was instated merely as a way of returning those cards to your hand when Axew faints), but I realized afterwards how similar the effect was to the Vanillish delta species that Jabber had already posted. I also opted to use a silver border, not because I dislike yellow borders (I probably like them more than many of the people here), but because I think that the soft silver borders are a nice, aesthetically appealing, visually soothing change from the bold yellow borders that we see most of the time. As for points, this card is worth three points because it is image-based, then an extra point because it is a custom template, another extra point because it uses a holosheet, then another THREE extra points because it uses one of my own photos. Speaking of my photos, I really need to create some sort of updated thread with all of my resources compiled into one spot. I'll probably get on that after the Fakers Marathon has concluded.
I'm going to start on another card now, which I'll post when I finish it. I aim to finish 10 cards this Fakers Marathon, but I may not be able to meet that goal depending on how much time I have the next few days and how long each card takes to make. (Perhaps I should time myself so I have an idea of how long each part of the process takes?)

Hey, it's that time of the year!
[Stage 2]Electivire-GX HP250 [L]
Evolves from Electabuzz

Ability: Electirizer
Each of your Magby, Magmar, Magmortar and Magmortar-GX is now a [L] Pokémon in addition to its existing types, their attacks do 30 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance), and you can use [L] Energy to pay for each [R] in the cost of those attacks.

[L][L][L] Electrical Burn 150
If this Pokémon has any [R] Energy attached to it, you may discard all Energy from this Pokémon. If you do, your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Burned and Paralyzed.

[L] Motor Drive GX
For each of your Benched [L] Pokémon, search your deck for a Stage 2 card that evolves from that Pokémon and put it onto that Pokémon to evolve it. Then, shuffle your deck. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Resistance: [M]-20
Retreat: [C][C][C]
Pokémon-GX rule: When your Pokémon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
[Stage 2]Magmortar-GX HP250 [R]
Evolves from Magmar

Ability: Magmarizer
Each of your Elekid, Electabuzz, Electivire and Electivire-GX is now a [R] Pokémon in addition to its existing types, their attacks do 30 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance), and you can use [R] Energy to pay for each [L] in the cost of those attacks.

[R][R][R] Blast Furnace 150
If this Pokémon has any [L] Energy attached to it, you may search your deck for up to 3 [R] Energy cards and attach them to 1 of your Pokémon. Then, shuffle your deck.

[R][R][R][R][R][R] Mortar Barrage GX
Move all Energy from this Pokémon to your Benched Pokémon in any way you like. This attack does 200 damage to 2 of your opponent's Pokémon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.) (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Weakness: [W]x2
Resistance: -
Pokémon-GX rule: When your Pokémon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Hey, it's that time of the year!
[Stage 2]Electivire-GX HP250 [L]
Evolves from Electabuzz

Ability: Electirizer
Each of your Magby, Magmar, Magmortar and Magmortar-GX is now a [L] Pokémon in addition to its existing types, their attacks do 30 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance), and you can use [L] Energy to pay for each [R] in the cost of those attacks.

[L][L][L] Electrical Burn 150
If this Pokémon has any [R] Energy attached to it, you may discard all Energy from this Pokémon. If you do, your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Burned and Paralyzed.

[L] Motor Drive GX
For each of your Benched [L] Pokémon, search your deck for a Stage 2 card that evolves from that Pokémon and put it onto that Pokémon to evolve it. Then, shuffle your deck. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Resistance: [M]-20
[Stage 2]Magmortar-GX HP250 [R]
Evolves from Magmar

Ability: Magmarizer
Each of your Elekid, Electabuzz, Electivire and Electivire-GX is now a [R] Pokémon in addition to its existing types, their attacks do 30 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance), and you can use [R] Energy to pay for each [L] in the cost of those attacks.

[R][R][R] Blast Furnace 150
If this Pokémon has any [L] Energy attached to it, you may search your deck for up to 3 [R] Energy cards and attach them to 1 of your Pokémon. Then, shuffle your deck.

[R][R][R][R][R][R] Mortar Barrage GX
Move all Energy from this Pokémon to your Benched Pokémon in any way you like. This attack does 200 damage to 2 of your opponent's Pokémon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.) (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Weakness: [W]x2
Six [R] Energy?? That's a very Vom-like attack cost — really straining the available card space in every possible way xD

• Haha
Reactions: Vom
Well, not sure if I'm going to finish a full ten cards at this rate, but at least I've completed my second!
Minccino FAM4-CHM2-2.png
Okay, so this is my first time using Metagross's reverse holosheets. They add a nice touch to the card. One thing I liked about this photo was how I was able to make it look like I was using a completely different figure than the other Minccino photos by posing Minccino in a way that it appears to be looking over its shoulder. Sweep Under is an effect that I've had bouncing around in my head for a while. The idea is that you can recycle several cards, but at the cost of not being able to choose which cards you shuffle in. It also does 20 damage, which, in hindsight, may be a smidgen in excess, but I'll cross that bridge if I ever get to it (i.e. if I ever assess the possibility of including this card in a played format such as the Lackey Pokemon TCG Custom Plugin). Greeting Stroke, meanwhile, was inspired by the Pokedex entry that the beginning of this card's Pokedex entry references. I fact I did not know about until I recently began researching Minccino more. The idea is that you can theoretically loop two Minccino with two attached energy each, just using greeting stroke on repeat, but that your opponent can easily break the circuit due to Minccino's low HP, which, when combined with the attack's cost, should hopefully make it more balanced.

Some Arceus stuff in honour of Legends: Arceus (intended for use in SM era). Something like this is long overdue TPCi (assuming they're not saving it for the actual release of the game).
[LEGENDS] Arceus HP200 [C]
Almighty Sinnoh - The first time this Pokémon would be damaged by the attack of a [C] Pokémon, prevent all effects of that attack, including damage, done to this Pokémon.

Ability: The Final Shape
This Pokémon can use the attacks of any Pokémon with the Almighty Sinnoh Legendary Trait on your Bench or in your discard pile. (You still need the necessary Energy to use each attack.)

LEGENDS Ability: One Thousand Voices
[LOCKED - Unlocked by Spear Pillar's effect.] Ignore all Energy in your LEGENDS Pokémon's attack costs. If this Pokémon uses the attack of another Pokémon and your opponent's Active Pokémon has Weakness to that Pokémon's type, that attack does 30 more damage. (This Ability locks again at the end of your turn.)

Weakness: -
LEGENDS rule: When your LEGENDS Pokémon is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Indeed! Truth be told, I chose to make up something to get more points, lol. But that is not to say thought and care was not put into it, on the contrary. LEGENDS Pokémon are, as the name implies, Legendary, and I thought Arceus of all Pokémon deserved this special treatment. Not to be confused with HGSS's LEGEND Pokémon! The S is important.

They are considered Basic Pokémon in that you can just play them down and go to town, but that's about it. For any card listing 'Basic Pokémon' a LEGENDS Pokémon is an ineligible target (and vice-versa).

The little thingy under the name is a Legendary Trait, essentially if Ancient Traits (from back when Primal Groudon-EX was a thing) and Prism Stars had a baby:

-Legendary Traits, mechanics-wise, are pretty much Ancient Traits under a different name with a few caveats.
-They are much more impactful than the average Ancient Trait, but they are also one-time use.
-Once you use a Pokémon's Legendary Trait, that's it. You can't use any other Legendary Trait with the same name, even on a different Pokémon, even if the effect is different. This is especially apparent in the Arceus formes as they have different names and different effects, but they share the same Legendary Trait name.
-I had to take some liberties with the wording since, like Ancient Traits, there is a very limited space.
-This means that, much like some Ancient Traits (looking at you Alpha Growth), this wording can be ambiguous sometimes.

Now, LEGENDS Ability. I wasn't happy with just the addition of Legendary Traits, so I wanted something else for differentiation - but not just GX attacks or VSTAR Power under a different name. I did enough of that with the Trait thing. These are various Abilities that are locked behind one wall or another (in this case, Spear Pillar) and for all intents and purposes do not exist in anything but name until unlocked, but are very powerful in exchange.

A Pokémon must be in play when the unlock condition is fulfilled - they do not unlock retroactively.

Different Abilities will have different lock and unlock requirements, and I fully intend to play around with those limits to balance the power level. Those are the only limits to these things. If you can unlock them many times in a game, you get to use them. If you don't ever get to, though - you're out of luck. They also behave just like a regular Ability once unlocked, and are affected by cards that only mention 'Ability'.
[LEGENDS] Arceus-Psychic HP200 [P]
Almighty Sinnoh - The first time this Pokémon would be damaged by the attack of a [P] Pokémon, prevent all effects of that attack, including damage, done to this Pokémon.

[P][C] Mind Crush 30+
This attack does 30 more damage for each Energy attached to your opponent's Active Pokémon. Unlocks LEGENDS Ability: Clairvoyance by dealing at least 150 damage with this attack.

LEGENDS Ability: Clairvoyance
[LOCKED - Unlocked by Mind Crush's effect.] Once during your turn (before your attack), you may choose Pokémon, Trainer or Energy card. If you do, your opponent reveals their hand. Draw a card for each card of the chosen type you find there. You can't use more than 1 Clairvoyance Ability each turn. (This Ability locks again at the end of the turn in which you use it.)

Weakness: [P]x2
LEGENDS rule: When your LEGENDS Pokémon is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
[LEGENDS] Arceus-Dragon HP200 [N]
Almighty Sinnoh - The first time this Pokémon would be damaged by the attack of a [N] Pokémon, prevent all effects of that attack, including damage, done to this Pokémon.

Ability: Dragon Majesty
Your LEGENDS Pokémon's attacks do 30 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance). You can't apply more than 1 Dragon Majesty Ability at a time.

[
G][W][R] LEGENDS: Roar of Time 150
[LOCKED - Unlocked when your opponent evolves their third Pokémon in the same turn.] If your opponent's Active Pokémon is an evolved Pokémon, devolve it by putting the highest Stage Evolution card on it into your opponent's hand and discard the top 5 cards of your deck. (This attack does not lock again.)

Weakness: [Y]x2
[Trainer] Spear Pillar [Stadium]

When you play this card from your hand, you may search your deck for a LEGENDS Pokémon and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

If your Bench is full and all of your Benched Pokémon are LEGENDS Pokémon of different types, you may discard this card. If you do, your opponent takes a Prize card. Unlocks all LEGENDS Abilities and attacks for all of your Pokémon in play until the end of this turn, ignoring any locking and unlocking conditions. LEGENDS Abilities and attacks locked in this way cannot be unlocked for the rest of this game.

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can't play this card.

Absol_FM4.png

Probably my only Omnium card for this round — I forgot how big these files can get >.>

Vaguely continuing the Holon Log flavor text mini-storyline from the Heatmor and Castform I made for FM3. It's fun to do stuff like this with flavor text, but it would probably need to be at least a miniset before it starts feeling legit.

Anyway, huge thanks to Tapi Oka on pixiv for the art, and @CardPone for the Omnium blank and font guide and ... pretty much everything else! Omnium is cool; I recommend it to anyone who hasn't already checked it out. :p

Last edited:
Torterra HP: 180 [F]
388.png
Stage 2: Evolves from Grotle

torterra.png

NO. 389 Continent Pokémon HT: 7'3" WT: 683.4 lbs.
[C][C] Tectonic Shuffle 60
After doing damage, switch your opponent's Active Pokémon with 1 of their Benched Pokémon. This attack also does 60 damage to the new Active Pokémon.

[F][F][C] Roar of Nature 160
You can also use this attack for [G][G][C].

Weakness: [G] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C][C][C]

Small Pokémon occasionally gather on its unmoving back to begin building their nests.

Aerodactyl BREAK FAM4-CHM3.1-2.png
This card is based off of Aerodactyl delta species from Holon Phantoms. It was basically the predecessor of our modern Eldegoss Evolving Skies, only it could only hunt up one basic Energy, not two. I had one in my cube for a while, until I was told that the effect was too weak. As someone who has played a TEU-EVS Blacephalon list with Eldegoss EVS with my brother on repeat, I considered making a Pokémon with an attack that followed similar principles to Blacephalon. This is the result. Also, take a few seconds to appreciate the public shaming in the Pokédex description. CardPone figured that the illustrator is probably either Mitsuhiro Arita or Kimiya Masag, based off of his comparison of the artwork to ex's from this era (in this case, Banette ex and Armaldo ex). But, thanks to Pokémon's poor track record for crediting the artists who make its promotional artwork, now we'll never know! (I'm not mad about it or anything, I just wrote the illus. credit description I did as a meme.)
Dulse's Furfrou FAM4-CHM4.png
This card is more of a meme than anything. I'm going to put the following information in a spoiler because it spoils some of Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. (Just in case anyone cares.)
In Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon you meet a group of characters called the Ultra Recon Squad, a volunteer group (or federal group? or corporate group? I don't know, at this point I was just using an adjective because it sounded cool) from a city called Ultra Megopolis located somewhere in Ultra Space. There are four known members of the Ultra Recon Squad; however, only two members of the Ultra Recon Squad come to Alola. You meet the other two later. In Ultra Sun (which I played), you meet Dulse, the guy in the trainer's frame, and Zozzie, who is either very short or is younger than the player (or both). Dulse appears to be the leader. Upon entering Alola he quickly becomes fascinated with Pokéballs, a technology which even his advanced civilization has not experimented with, and quickly makes up for lost time by constructing a Beast Ball using his personal technological expertise (evidently he didn't understand Pokémon world economics to just buy Pokéballs from a Pokémart. Although I'm not exactly sure where he would have gotten the money anyways). Although the Ultra Recon Squad has Pokémon partners of its own (Poipole, which you meet during your next encounter with the Ultra Recon Squad), Dulse tests the first (few, perhaps, given their catch rates?
:lavalul:
) Beast Ball(s) on a Furfrou, which he uses in what is presumably his first Pokémon battle ever (against the player). And you know what? You never see that Furfrou again!My theory is that they took it back to Ultra Megopolis, perhaps with a few other Pokémon (possibly including another Furfrou) that they presented to their fellow citizens back at home in the same way that all the old explorers used to bring back exotic treasures to show their royal sponsers/investors. The Pokédex entry says the rest. (And yes, I copied and pasted this directly from Discord, where I had already posted it. Copied and pasted it, emote and all.)
Apart from that, the only information of note is the fact that Furfrou's Ultra Trim is based 1) off of the idea that Furfrou is now an Ultra Beast, 2) based off of Furfrou's fur and Pokédex descriptions referring to it, and 3) is based off of the consistent Prize-card gimmick observed on Ultra Beasts in the official TCG. Oh, and making it an Ultra Beast was a change that took place much later in the process.
Do Pokémon BREAK count as full art cards according to the contest rules?
UPDATE #1:
Sunset FAM4-CHM5-2.png
This card took me minutes to make. I made this Swellow art for someone to use on a card in their set, but I painted Swellow with its back to the viewer, a big no-no for Pokémon cards. (custom or otherwise!) You can't even tell if it's a Taillow or a Swallow except by looking at the feather ruffles that I drew on its back after painting the artwork with watercolors! However, the artwork seemed too good to waste, so I decided that I wouldn't. As for the card effect, only being able to play the card between turns 1) makes the card more interesting, and b) makes it feel less like you're running a 56 card deck (the thing that bothers Nyan most about Judge Whistle).
I may or may not be adding another card before the end of the day. Depending on how much time I have this evening. Also, halfway towards my ten card goal and going into the running stretch! (In case you didn't realize, tomorrow's the last day, folks! So far, 46 cards have been posted. Here are some of the statistics, just because I was curious.
Grass types: 4
Fire types: 8
Water types: 5
Lightning types: 5
Psychic types: 3
Fighting types: 1
Darkness types: 5
Metal types: 3
Fairy: none!
Dragon: 2
Colorless: 4
Trainer: 9
Energy: none (not surprisingly)

Eras: I have seen cards featuring the EX era, the HGSS era, the Neo era, the Sun and Moon era, the SWSH era, and the BW/XY era, as well as custom cards from Winchfall and Omnium. Especially Omnium. Just decided to add this information while I was replacing Sunset with the fixed version.

Attachments

• Sunset FAM4-CHM5.png
    Sunset FAM4-CHM5.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Kyurem_LVX_FM4.png

Art from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity; blank by metagross101 / @AwesomeEevee. I think this counts as a custom blank, but that's up to Pone for the final say. :p

hBs4ZDX.png
cylNxkF.png
(no Hisuian Pokemon shown; Akari is the female protagonist)

Rainy_Castform_FM4.png
Sunny_Castform_FM4.png

One year on, we're completing the cycle that started in FM3 with Holon's Castform (Snow-cloud)!

Note that these aren't Delta Species Pokémon, so for balancing purposes I made it so Delta Draw only counts your Benched Pokémon (meaning Snow-cloud Castform won't count itself when it uses the attack).

Art by Autobot.Tesla on dA; holosheet by Neko; everything else by the man, the myth, the legend @CardPone himself.

Back