The Gaming Group - Play. Discuss. Learn.

The 4th Gym actually took me a few tries, I wouldn't take it lightly! :p What really helps though is if you have any Fire Types that know moves that can set the forest on fire. Her Pokémon that touch the ground (as in, not part Flying or have Levitate) take lots of damage from it in between turns. Personally, I used Slugma with Flame Burst.

I swear the gym was easier than the other three. o.o
I also expected to level a bit more in the battle, so wasted losing four levels on Noibat/Camerupt/Emolga to drop them down 32. >_>

Though I did have these Pokemon on rotation by Gym 4 (bolded is my go-out team rotational :p):

Swirlix
Camerupt

Noibat
Fearow *
Emolga *
Trubbish

____
Gothita
Meowistic *
Mightyena *
Grovyle
Klink

I am just slowly working my way through the game. I am at Gym 2. Marshtomp was the hard mode....

My team is:
Masrhstomp
Lionne
Slugma

I am just slowly working my way through the game. I am at Gym 2. Marshtomp was the hard mode....

My team is:
Masrhstomp
Lionne
Slugma
I do think picking a Water type is the hardest route, the first two gyms are Electric and Grass. But Ground types are amazing in this game, so stick with it!

I have to say that my Grovyle has been pretty useless so far. So difficult to level, too. >_>

#Team Meganium. Anyways, I'm doing two runs. One's with a now Braxien and the other is a Bayleef right now. My Bayleef is almost to the second Gym while my Braxien just finished the first.
I have to be a Serperior fan when it comes to starters, though I started Torchic in this game just to make things easy on myself. :p
Are you playing two of the game at once? It'll get pretty difficult later on, you may not want to level grind that much.

Other things I'll note that I noticed are changed in the game:
Petal Dance can last one turn minimum. I don't know if that can happen outside of Reborn, as far as I know moves like that last a minimum of two turns normally.
Strength seems to be Fighting type?
HM moves can be deleted at will. Finally.
Rest lasts three turns. I've learned this the hard way with Grumpig. But the description didn't change.

I haven't been looking at walkthroughs or guides for the game, rather be surprised, but I'm sure there's a lot of changes in the game. Have any you noticed any new mechanics, or anything different in this game from normal games?

I have to be a Serperior fan when it comes to starters, though I started Torchic in this game just to make things easy on myself. :p
Are you playing two of the game at once? It'll get pretty difficult later on, you may not want to level grind that much.

Other things I'll note that I noticed are changed in the game:
Petal Dance can last one turn minimum. I don't know if that can happen outside of Reborn, as far as I know moves like that last a minimum of two turns normally.
Strength seems to be Fighting type?
HM moves can be deleted at will. Finally.
Rest lasts three turns. I've learned this the hard way with Grumpig. But the description didn't change.

I haven't been looking at walkthroughs or guides for the game, rather be surprised, but I'm sure there's a lot of changes in the game. Have any you noticed any new mechanics, or anything different in this game from normal games?

Yep, I'm playing two at once. I haven't been level grinding at all on either game.

Also, Sonic Boom can hit for critical hits now as well.

He tried to kill us first.
And then he went and got himself lost in the dead future. How useful is that to anybody?
I*
Also, you seemed to have left out the part where I saved you two by pushing Dusknoir back to the future. AND the part where you insisted on healing every enemy in a certain dungeon with your water gun.

On another note, bb, keeper, and I have sucessfully derailed this thread.

10/10, best derailment. I'll be downloading this and playing it for a bit after I finish up with my playthrough chapter today.

I swear I did nothing.

But aaaaaanyways, who's been spamming 'C' looking for hidden treasures? I've got a lot of shards and other cool stuff from it! :3

Also, you seemed to have left out the part where I saved you two by pushing Dusknoir back to the future. AND the part where you insisted on healing every enemy in a certain dungeon with your water gun.

On another note, bb, keeper, and I have sucessfully derailed this thread.
We would have figured something out. Protagonists always do.
Also, I did try to keep my other post on the tracks. >.>

I swear I did nothing.

But aaaaaanyways, who's been spamming 'C' looking for hidden treasures? I've got a lot of shards and other cool stuff from it! :3
I still don't know where to use shards. I assume the move tutors? But I couldn't get in there before.

Well, if I recall correctly, there were quite a bit of jabs at your intelligence over the course of the story...

[We should really continue this in a PM]

There's nothing to discuss, you just keep posting. Which you probably shouldn't, btw, if you don't plan to take part in the group.
My intelligence is always questionable. My superiority to Grovyle, however, is not.

Anyway, I don't think anybody is too far in (think MLK is right behind me) but if you think dark stuff happens after the third gym, just wait until you see the bs that takes place after the 6th one.

I still don't know where to use shards. I assume the move tutors? But I couldn't get in there before.

Maybe. I think I read somewhere about the shards, but I can't recall what it was, besides that you'll need a lot of them if you want to get everything of something.

So, uh, don't sell them! n.n;

Back