The Gaming Group - Play. Discuss. Learn.

Ohhh, that guy. I gave him 50P and nothing happened so I moved on. How much do you need to give him? o_o;

Well, I guess I'll have to head back then, though it'll probably take ages to level Espurr up... /sigh

I don't suppose there are any other good options for a decent Psychic-type Pokémon coming up soon? >_>

Though it's probably not that big of a priority right now since Florinia is next and I think she's all Grass-types. I'll have to make sure to get this stupid Egg hatched before I tackle that anyway, I suppose.

There's not really any more. >_>

Gothita comes up when
you battle the TangZilla twice more

But not too helpful. D:

Well, I guess I'll have to head back then, though it'll probably take ages to level Espurr up... /sigh

I don't suppose there are any other good options for a decent Psychic-type Pokémon coming up soon? >_>

Though it's probably not that big of a priority right now since Florinia is next and I think she's all Grass-types. I'll have to make sure to get this stupid Egg hatched before I tackle that anyway, I suppose.

Not that I can think of Honestly, I started with a Fennekin and Delphox is rather solid in this game.

There's a Spoink in the town with the game corner, you can find him on the streets on sunny days, then track him to the warehouses at the Coral Ward.
There's also a Ralts event, but that's a ways away.

Oh, I did find the Spoink, but I think it's kind of meh. I guess I'll see how low of a level the Espurr is and if I feel like grinding it, otherwise I'll just trek on and hope for the best.

Oh, I did find the Spoink, but I think it's kind of meh. I guess I'll see how low of a level the Espurr is and if I feel like grinding it, otherwise I'll just trek on and hope for the best.

It's like level 5 I believe. So you'll have to grind it a bit.

Yeah, I figured it would be pretty low level because that's really close to the beginning of the game. I think I may as well grab it and grind it for now and see how things go.

So, there's a Game Corner. With good Pokémon prizes. And Voltorb Flip. And I finally found the coin case.

I know how I'm spending the next several hours...

I'm tempted to grab both a Slugma AND a Shinx; the former at least temporarily for the Grass Gym and the latter as a semi-permanent team member, but I'm waffling on if I should and who to replace. Opinions?

Here's my current team for reference:

Lord Death - Lv. 20 Ivysaur
Lady Barks - Lv. 21 Poochyena
Skrillex - Lv. 21 Loudred
Ears McBat - Lv. 20 Noibat
Herp Derp - Lv. 20 Swirlix
Felinicity - Lv. 21 Espurr

Espurr came in at Lv. 4 actually, but was decently easy to level up thanks to the prevalence of Poison-type Pokémon in the various alleyways and I was able to feed her a few trainer battles, too, both in the newely-opened Obsidia alley and in Onyx ward. The egg was a Ducklett so I PCed it.

Herp Derp and Ears are probably my lesser performing Pokémon of the bunch for now, though I know they'll beef up as the game progresses and they get some better moves, and especially after evolving. Lady Barks is still doing strong (Swagger + Bite is her standard strat) but I'm not sure how long she'll last before she'll get outclassed. Felinicity is doing very well and has been able to hold her own even against higher leveled enemies. Skrillex mostly just Echoed Voices everything until he's eventually KOed. Lord Death is still my #1.

Also, I got an Ability Capsule from one of the little sidequests. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I actually have over 5k coins already and I haven't even been playing all that much, just occasionally in between some other stuff. Either Voltorb Flip is easier than I remember or I'm better than I remember. :U

Last edited:
So I managed to complete the game as it currently is! It get progressively harder and harder, though there are a couple of breather battles (not many, but some really are surprisingly easy). There's a whooping thirteen Gym Leaders in the game (fifteen if you count the ones that don't give out a badge), with one planned for each of the eighteen types the by time it's completed. The story continues to get thicker and thicker, and I won't spoil anything. However, if any of you guys need any help with beating some of the tough battles or getting through the puzzles, I'd be happy to give some advice.

Current Team:

Flammie (Charizard) - Level 72
Aqua (Blastoise) - Level 72
Petal (Meganium) - Level 73
Lune (Nidoking) - Level 73
Nala (Luxray) - Level 71
Sugar (Sylveon) - Level 72'

I'm looking forward to Episode 16 whenever it's released!

I think a set of fake cards based on Reborn would be a cool project. I'm no artist so they'd be limited to text only, but if anyone wants to help me in any way (even if it's text, not having to do it alone would be awesome), do give me a shout!

I think a set of fake cards based on Reborn would be a cool project. I'm no artist so they'd be limited to text only, but if anyone wants to help me in any way (even if it's text, not having to do it alone would be awesome), do give me a shout!

I'm not a super amazing image faker or anything, but I'd like to think I'm pretty decent, and if you were to make up the text for some Reborn-based cards, I'd be happy to put them into image form. :D

I love doing text based thingsn'stuff, I'd love to help.

Athena, if you wanted Shinx, Poochyena seems to be the only one that stands out as immediately replaceable in my eyes. Noibat though will take a long time to evolve, so you could replace him until you get a higher-leveled one later in the game.

That would be awesome if you guys wanted to help! I'll probably get started on this project sometime next week. It will most likely use cards based on the current format. So far the only card I've solidified is Tangrowth-EX. I need a good effect for its PULSE form.

Ooooh, boy, my first EX image card. I can't wait! :D

Also, for the sake of keeping things a bit more on topic, I did end up getting enough coins before dinner last night and managed to acquire 1 Shinx (Thor) who has now evolved into a Luxio and 1 Slugma (Hephastus). I also did a dry run against Florinia's Gym just to kind of get a feel for her Pokémon and battling styles and the sand thing is interesting. I'll probably level up a little bit (my team is currently ~21-ish) today and then take her down.

Made some good progress today! I leveled Hephaestus up to 23 hoping for Flame Burst... but I guess they're using ORAS moveset levels. Bummer. I didn't feel like leveling up anymore so I just kind of jumped in and went for it. Florinia actually ended up being pretty easy. Her Cradily gave me the most lip, but the 2~3rd time or so I just sent in Skrillex to Screech at it over and over until it was killed and then Lady Barks 2HKOed it without a scratch.

After that, I moved on to the Jasper ward and mucked about in there, finding a couple police officers, then beating down Taka and PULSE Tangrowth Mk. 2. With Felinicity evolved into Meowstick now, she was really useful against Tangrowth and I had no problems there... but then Chatot came out and killed everything with Chatter because I was had really poor luck on the confusion coin flips. >_< Take 2, I made sure to keep Skrillex alive and used him to counter Chatot; hell yeah Soundproof. So, Jasper ward was saved... sort of, and now I'm only Beryl. I managed to get myself stuck in a cage, then saved another police officer, and somehow ended up back in the city at the same spot... kind of turned around somehow.

Anyway, that's about as far as I'm going to get today. Here's how we're looking.

Lord Death - Lv. 24 Ivysaur
Lady Barks - Lv. 24 Poochyena
Skrillex - Lv. 25 Loudred
Felinicity - Lv. 25 Meowstick (F)
Thor - Lv. 25 Luxio
Hephaestus - Lv. 25 Slugma

I leveled Hephaestus up to 23 hoping for Flame Burst... but I guess they're using ORAS moveset levels.
Strange thing, I thought this too, since Oddish got Moonblast and such. Then my Manectric learned Discharge at level 30. \._./

I finally evolved my Joltik! Got one from an event, now I shall love it forever. Of course, it only makes it harder for me to decide who to put on my team, but w/e. First world Pokemon problems.

Strange thing, I thought this too, since Oddish got Moonblast and such. Then my Manectric learned Discharge at level 30. \._./

I finally evolved my Joltik! Got one from an event, now I shall love it forever. Of course, it only makes it harder for me to decide who to put on my team, but w/e. First world Pokemon problems.

Managed to figure out the maze of the Beryl forest, save that ward, and defeat Corey. I had just gotten Hephaestus up to 27 for Flame Burst so I could explode the Poison field effect or whatever, so that was nice. I was actually planning on just doing a dry run against Corey but then I beat him first try anyway. :U

... and then he had to go and kill him and not even give me my badge, what a loser.

Admittedly, I found Corey's motivations (both for joining Team Meteor in the first place, and for committing suicide) kind of... lacking. While I appreciate the tone, and especially the aspect of having "respected" gym leaders involved with Team Meteor, the actual details seemed hypocritical and petty. That said, it's only because I find the story/plot and tone/style of this game so good to begin with that I find myself nitpicking at faults like that.

Afterwards, onto Lapis where I promptly joined Team Aqua because of course I'm going to join Team Aqua. What kind of loser would join Team Magma anyway? I definitely like the reference they gave to these gangs. I might have to manipulate my PC time in order to access the night-time side mission, though, since I rarely computer in the evening.

Currently getting my butt kicked by Victoria. I feel very underleveled compared to her Pokémon, so I'll probably take a break to level up for a bit before I go against her and then onto Shelley.

Current Team!

Lord Death - Lv. 31 Ivysaur
Lady Barks - Lv. 29 Poochyena
Skrillex - Lv. 29 Loudred
Felinicity - Lv. 30 Meowstick (F)
Thor - Lv. 30 Luxray
Hephaestus - Lv. 29 Slugma

Back