The hardest video game?

RE: Hardest video game?

Proto-Babil and Zeromus. Easily the most difficult battles you could wish for and can be added to this reasoning without much need for explanation if you've faced them. (note: I've only played the DS version.)
I have heard those bosses are extremely hard, and FF4DS was made especially to be more challenging. It's not like its other incarnations much at all. (I also know Zeromus was made much harder. In the other games, he is not that much of a challenge.)

If we're talking RPGs then I think Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne on hard takes the cake.

Tutorial? You will probably fail.
First random battle? You're going to lose.
Second? Lose.
Third? Possible win if you have played the game before.
Fourth? Lose, you forgot to heal after every random battle.
Fifth? Lose, you forgot that the moon was full.
Sixth? Lose, you forgot to equip the correct magatama that will give you immunity to that one demon.
Oh wait you're at Matador? Ch'yeah. Get ready to rage quit.
Want to use Dante? Shame, he doesn't have pierce. Say goodbye to the 3rd best (worst on hard) character in the game.

Amazing game but...my god Atlus!

As previously mentioned, the hardest game is Dark Souls. The game is frustrating though because it is fair. In most very difficult games, you can give yourself slack while you ride off the game as too hard. Every time you die in Dark Souls, it is your fault. People who are used to run and gun styles of play will get slaughtered for hours on end. This is one game where there is a distinct style for everyone. I love this game, and I actually felt accomplished when i beat it for the first time.

Slender: The Eight Pages is an insanely hard computer game. Other than that, I think the hardest game for me was... well... I'll just say Mario Kart Wii those dumb Blue Shells Pokémon Emerald. Wallace was a pain in the butt to beat, because I started with Blaziken.

wow most of you guys are awful at video games, god forbid you ever pick up Battletoads or something of its ilk.

but I'm going to have to agree with what bacon said a few pages ago and say Super Meat Boy 100%. I'm not really gonna count Battletoads or IWBTG or any game with fake difficulty (as much as I love the former) because they're difficult by virtue of poor game design, not interesting challenge

Well, for me the hardest game to beat was Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos
Even in Normal mode it was hard. But when I tried Insane Mode... I regretted it.
Actually, I've never finished it in Insane Mode. The last chapter, Twilight of the Gods, was impossible.

Hardest video games of all time? Bloodwings: Pumpkinhead's Revenge and Cheetahmen II
I would imagine including the Original Ninja Gaiden for the NES.
Alot of NES games back in the day were just as good as they were hard to beat.

As for the hardest video games I've ever played it would be these:

* Diddy Kong Racing (N64) - The 1st Wiz Pig race was a major pain.
* Super Mario Bros. (NES) - Couldn't beat it...
* Battletoads (NES) - Can't get past the 3rd level.
* Mega Man 2 (NES) - Can't get past Dr. Wily Stage 2
* Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES) - Played this way back, it was tough.
* Sonic 2006 (XBOX 360) - Couldn't make it past the Airplane stage...
* Pokemon R/B/Y (Gameboy Color) - It was a pain back then in the Gameboy years.
* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES) - Couldn't get past underwater stage.
* Starfox (SNES) - Sounds strange but I couldn't beat it like the N64 version.

Hardest games I've played are Batman - Arkham City for it's complicated controls, the adept AI of the enemies, and especially the New Game +, as well as Silent Hill 2, for it's mostly complicated puzzles, some really challenging bosses (like Eddie and Pyramid Head), and the fact that most of the time, I was too creeped out to pay any attention to the enemies behind me.

Delta said:
If we're talking RPGs then I think Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne on hard takes the cake.

Second? Lose.
Sixth? Lose, you forgot to equip the correct magatama that will give you immunity to that one demon.
Want to use Dante? Shame, he doesn't have pierce. Say goodbye to the 3rd best (worst on hard) character in the game.

Atlus games are pretty hard tbh. I've only tried Persona 4 on Normal mode with a guide for those long grueling searches. I might try Persona 3 next time which from what I also heard, is hella hard.

I find Metroid, Kid Icarus and Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels on the NES to be some of the hardest games I've played plus Sonic 2 on the Game Gear due to that annoying first boss that I have only ever beaten once.

Riskbreakers said:
Delta said:

Second? Lose.

Atlus games are pretty hard tbh. I've only tried Persona 4 on Normal mode with a guide for those long grueling searches. I might try Persona 3 next time which from what I also heard, is hella hard.

If you play any of the Persona 3 games on PS2... Marin Karin... ALL THE TIME... Friggin' Mitsuru...

I would have to say that the hardest game for me to beat was ninja gaiden for the original Xbox. The hardest boss battle for me would be SSBB's tabuu on intense with 1 character.

Hardest game for me was Yellow. First you start with pikachu and first gym leader is Brock where non of Pikachus electric moves do a thing. It took me like 5 hours to beat Brock because I had to get a Metapod and train it into a Butterfree and that too awhile. That game was really hard at first but got easier as it went along

for me white 2... but maybe it's 'cause i found so many lovely pokémon that my levels are always low 'cause i train them all at the same time... kkkkk but well, roxie and cheren are pretty good start leaders

rowewow said:
for me white 2...
I found it hard too. But then again mine was the Japanese version and I don't read Japanese too well. xD But the game has always been more fun than my NA Black 2 game.

On the PS2, SOCOM (yes, the original) and MoH: European Assualt. Don't get me wrong, the latter is amazing and makes CoD look like nothing, but they just make it harder as it goes, and longer. At least SOCOM has checkpoints.
For the PS3, I have only had trouble on Dead Space 2. If you have ever seen me play vido games, it gets pretty hilarious. The first five chapters I spent throwing crap at necroes and doing random challenges. But at Chapter 7, I had to start paying attention. And nothing, I repeat, NOTHING, is scarier than going through Titan Elementary without an ample amount of ammo. Thank god the Ripper exists, otherwise they would've screwed me over on the stage in the school. I'm only halfway through Chapter 9, and haven't played it in a week.

Back