The hardest video game?

Hmmmmm

Paper Mario ttyd: shadow queen 0-0, put of 100 trials, never beat it :/

Pikmin 1 & 2: easy at first, but the later levels are just brutal, you getting your groups ready for the day and then a giant ten Pikmin eating at a time monster walks in and eats everyone :/

Pokemon stadium: beating this game with only rental pokemon....impossible

Megaman games in general

Kingdom hearts: I beat them all on proud....sometimes I wanted to smash my ps2/ds/psp XALDIN!!!!!!!

ET for atari

Maybe the original mariokart. The handling for the best character (Yoshi) was horrible. In fact, the handling was bad for every character if you compare it to today's standards.

catutie said:

asdfghjkl;

That was mental. The Shadow Queen must have taken me 150 tries, not to mention you have to watch both cutscenes every time you face her >_>. Definitely one of the hardest Mario bosses I've ever fought. The pit of 100 trials was just ridiculous lol.

evilpacman said:
spryo teh dragun

I can't even beat the newer ones, I think it's te controls though. I don't enjoy playing them and I just dread picking up the controller and playing the game, the dragonfly one was so awesome when I played it when I was younger on the ps2 but playing it now just drives me crazy.

Blah said:
catutie said:

asdfghjkl;

That was mental. The Shadow Queen must have taken me 150 tries, not to mention you have to watch both cutscenes every time you face her >_>. Definitely one of the hardest Mario bosses I've ever fought. The pit of 100 trials was just ridiculous lol.

I had to watch those cut scenes soooo many times, I remember going back to my first save file (I never beat the game on that save file btw, shadow queen was so hard that I literally restarted from the beginning) and I didn't even have ultra shrooms, just 3 life shrooms 0-0, I practically memorized that like 10 min cutscene (it felt like forever the 8th time you watch it)

I can't even beat the newer ones, I think it's te controls though. I don't enjoy playing them and I just dread picking up the controller and playing the game, the dragonfly one was so awesome when I played it when I was younger on the ps2 but playing it now just drives me crazy.

The only ones I've played were the original 3 Playstation ones. I thought the Playstation 2 games were odd or just missing the charm. I dont actually think its too difficult of a game though :p I just really enjoy them!

catutie said:
Paper Mario ttyd: shadow queen
The game glitched on me the first time I did that fight. The battle didn't move onto the next phase after she restored all her health by stealing it from Mario. That was just...ugh

Zelda 2 is definitely the hardest game I've ever played. Sometimes a bunch of overworld monsters are just thrown at you at once, and you die. Plus, sometimes you'll enter a battle, take a step, and enter another battle. It's actually pretty frustrating at times.

Zelda 2 is without a doubt an extremely hard game but it's also satisfying.
Once you learn how to battle different enemies correctly, using basic wits and magic at the right time, then the game becomes so much more fun. Even when starting from the palace after a game over, I don't think it's too jarring to go through the same places again. The difficulty keeps you on your toes and prepares you even more for what's ahead.
The game feels like you're progressing too. When you get the hammer, you don't have to go through the swamps again. And when you learn a new spell/trick it feels like you can take on the enemies easier.

I think the difficulty only adds to Zelda 2.

Haunted Water said:
The first five chapters I spent throwing crap at necroes and doing random challenges. But at Chapter 7, I had to start paying attention. And nothing, I repeat, NOTHING, is scarier than going through Titan Elementary without an ample amount of ammo. Thank god the Ripper exists, otherwise they would've screwed me over on the stage in the school. I'm only halfway through Chapter 9, and haven't played it in a week.

Eh. I only ever had a max of 4 stacks of Plasma Energy when going through that game. Efficient aiming and smart stasis is all there is to it. Even then I only used stasis like...4 times on enemies in the entire game. Dead Space 2 doesn't require as much planning ahead on harder difficulties as the first one did. Mainly because the second is more action based and far less scary.

evilpacman said:

The only ones I've played were the original 3 Playstation ones. I thought the Playstation 2 games were odd or just missing the charm. I dont actually think its too difficult of a game though :p I just really enjoy them!

The old ones were fun, I would chase those stupid guys with the eggs for hours, but the new ones somehow sapped everything fun. I don't even understand how....

Delta said:
Eh. I only ever had a max of 4 stacks of Plasma Energy when going through that game. Efficient aiming and smart stasis is all there is to it. Even then I only used stasis like...4 times on enemies in the entire game. Dead Space 2 doesn't require as much planning ahead on harder difficulties as the first one did. Mainly because the second is more action based and far less scary.

How to beat Dead Space 2 on Harder difficulties -
1. Beat game on Normal/Easy
2. Play New Game+ on a harder difficulty, keeping all of your upgraded swag from the previous file

Congratulations, you just beat Dead Space 2 on a harder difficulty.

For the most part, you have to be smart with your health and upgrades (especially stasis), and hardcore isn't too bad either. The same basic strategy works for either game, really, and that's why I love the series so much.

For me Mega Man 2 is the hardest game I've played, and its mostly because of the platforming and bosses that make it hard for me. For example, the Quick Man stage. Sure the boss can be easy if you want to do, but getting there what makes it hard. Especially the laser parts. Sometimes I think they're trolling me with those things. For example, one room I remember where you had to dodge the lasers, they put a 1 up and a full health restore there. But its impossible to get them without dying, unless your VERY quick. And this is just one stage, and I still haven't beaten the game yet. Also, this was all on Normal difficulty.... :(

pokemaister899 said:
For me Mega Man 2 is the hardest game I've played, and its mostly because of the platforming and bosses that make it hard for me. For example, the Quick Man stage. Sure the boss can be easy if you want to do, but getting there what makes it hard. Especially the laser parts. Sometimes I think they're trolling me with those things. For example, one room I remember where you had to dodge the lasers, they put a 1 up and a full health restore there. But its impossible to get them without dying, unless your VERY quick. And this is just one stage, and I still haven't beaten the game yet. Also, this was all on Normal difficulty.... :(

Haha, that's why I love Mega Man games so much. If you die, it was a justifiable death based on your decision. Your desire for an extra life and health led to the lasers killing you, as opposed to something just popping out and instantly killing you in games like IWBTG.

Back