Collecting The "Look What I Pulled" & Pull Rates Thread

Bendymoose

Aspiring Trainer
RE: The Booster Box "Pull Rates" Thread

bagoly14 said:
Yeah, I've never really understood why store sold items have prices so that vary so greatly just because they are in different countries. It's not even as if it's printed in a different language...you'd think pricing would be regulated...:(

I guess that's why they invented the internet haha

You would have thought so but unfortunately not, it's the same here on everything not just pokemon products, for some reason things are usually priced $1 = £1 even though the exchange rate at the moment is $1.5 = £1 which is the reason I buy alot from the states and hope customs don't notice my little old pokemon products :D

Just so I don't go too far off topic, I always consider tins/promo packs like buying loose boosters, you win some you loose some, unless I specifically want that promo I stick to buying singles or booster boxes at least I know roughly how many UR I will pull.

Salamencetrainer34

I am out of smash codes.
RE: The Tin or Promo Box "Pull Rates" Thread

So, the new tins have different packs than usual sometimes? I heard someone got 2 EP packs instead of DRX

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star

There was an opened Rayquaza EX tin at K-mart with a missing Rayquaza EX promo. but left the packs lying around. I got the two Dragons Exalted packs since they didn't have any left in sealed blisters and ignored the Black and White and EP packs.

One had a Mew EX and the other... Dustox... I obviously paid for them of course and they cost $4.50 at K-mart... but they had Buy 1 get 1 half off so it was pretty sweet.

I have also seen the Spring tins containing Next Destinies instead of Emerging Powers. I got 4 and all had EP...

FreePandas

Mother Father Pandaman

Bought 2 Keldeo EX Tins, got 2x PLS, 2x BC, 2x DRX, 2x NV for the boosters. Nothing too interesting for pulls other than a FA Colress.

TheTPCProductionz

Aspiring Trainer
Packs in Tins, really really bad pulls ?

So I am well to put it bluntly very dissapointed and confused at the same time. Over the past month me and my friend have bought 5 2013 tins and 6 of the 2012 Mewtwo,Rayquaza and Darkrai ex tins. We purchased majority at GAME, and some from multiple eBay sellers. Problem is we opened them all, and he pulled 1 holo. I pulled literally no holo's. You are probably thinking this is highly improbable. Well we have either had the worst pulling luck, or something fishy is going on.

I don't know who or how, but would there be any , any way of the packs being scaled. The packaging on the tins is rather thin cellophane.

I am just annoyed we wasted money, bearing in mind GAME charge £14 a tin roughly $17-$19. I remember before them 2 sets of tins, the pulls were good usually pulling an Ultra rare and a Holo or 2 Holo's. Now we pull nothing.

It just seems the past year, pull rates in general are getting worst. Is this Nintendo's fault ? Are they scaling packs and selling them off, to a 3rd party source. It seems very unlikely but I just want to know if anyone has anything to say ?

I won't be buying tins now for a long time, we were literally gob smacked and that's an understatement.

Bendymoose

Aspiring Trainer
RE: Packs in Tins, really really bad pulls ?

I think it's just bad luck, you get 3 random booster packs with a tin usually and the way I look at it is that it's like picking up 3 loose blister packs. Sometimes you will get decent pulls other times you won't, I'm sure if you averaged out what you have pulled you'll probably be close to the average of what you'd get in a booster box. This is why I generally stick to buying booster boxes and then complete the set with trades or purchasing singles.

I would also steer clear of GAME they're pretty overpriced on just about everything, I've seen them as low as £10 online and I'm pretty sure the last time I was in Tesco they had the tins for around £12.

Salamencetrainer34

I am out of smash codes.

I feel ya bro. My only good pull was a mew EX FA. Then, complete crap. Keldeo ex tin. Garbotoxicdor. Thats it.

TheTPCProductionz

Aspiring Trainer

You get 4 packs a tin, It's ridiculous . All Pokemon products seem to be a waste of money now, hope the Plasma Box isn't a flop. I am trying to get some newer, trade bait and all I get is crap.

Bendymoose

Aspiring Trainer

ThatPokemonCollector said:
You get 4 packs a tin, It's ridiculous . All Pokemon products seem to be a waste of money now, hope the Plasma Box isn't a flop. I am trying to get some newer, trade bait and all I get is crap.

Agreed, tins, blister pack and loose boosters are all a bit of a waste in my opinion best bet is to buy a booster box or case if you have a spare £400+ kicking around.

TheTPCProductionz

Aspiring Trainer

I don't have £50 let alone £400, if I had the money I would. I buy single packs and get good pulls, so I don't mind buying single packs. Just they are expensive, so I tend to only buy if cheap .

Bendymoose

Aspiring Trainer

Yeah I know what you mean, £3.49 for loose packs is ridiculous which is why I import alot of my cards from the states, I saw some packs in the entertainer the other day and they were asking £4 each which is far far too much in my opinion, especially since they seem to be priced at around $3-5 each in the US.

TheTPCProductionz

Aspiring Trainer

Yeah, Entertainer is in Watford where my college is, so during lunch and after college I often go in there with mates. It's stupid how high, tins are £14. I am actually going to Florida for Xmas this year, I may have to buy loads of stuff.

PKMN TCG

The Brand New Naruto Series!

I have got 11 plasma storm booster packs and I have only pulled 3 holo's! Whats up with that... and two ace-spec victory pieces -.-.

deogenerate

レッツwwwケ­゙ッw­­­­­w(乂՞ټ՞)✧スクラッチンwww

They're.... random? They aren't rigged to give you good pulls or bad pulls. If you have extremely bad luck, you have extremely bad luck. Nothing else to it. I've only bought 3 Keldeo tins and a Darkrai one, and out of all of those I have pulled a Rayquaza EX, two Pokemon Catcher, Gold Potion, Computer Search, Victini EX FA and Reshiram BW full art. So yeah, luck is luck, I don't know what else to say.

bagoly14

Collecting is expensive -_-

Tins are all over the place. I personally have bought 3 tins and have pulled nada each time. I avoid tins like the plague now unless they come out with a Dragonite tin (which they obviously won't haha)

AnUnown

The Pokellector

Opened a black kyurem box and got crap. In fact, one of my BCR packs had no rare and was slashed (as if by a box cutter). Got a FA Kyurem EX in the WK box tho

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Bought White Kyurem box and Black Kyurem box. Pulled 25/135 Articuno-EX from White Kyurem box.

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star

When I read you guys say box I thought you really meant tins.

I had no idea they made these. Now I must get one for the figures and promos.

I'll update what I pull afterwards.

EDIT: Ugh... the only thing worth mentioning was the HTL, Terrakion NV, and that's it... no EX or anything.

Plasma Freeze and Skyridge will be my last sets to buy packs and I'm done. I'm tired of wasting money on cardboard.

TheTPCProductionz

Aspiring Trainer

They don't come out here for a few more days, well online anyway. I may get one but I want to know what the pull rates are like, to be honest luck has something to do with it. Though some products seem to have better pull rates.

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star

Eh my lucks been pretty bad... I couldn't find the boxes so I got a Mewtwo tin instead. I got a holo Ampharos. FML.

So tired of wasting money on bad packs!