Pokemon The most iconic music from a pokemon game!

In my opinion Champion Battle music from Gold/Silver, but probably the main theme of pokemon.

After listening to a lot of Pokemon music recently, I've noticed that with each generation I find the music more crappy. For example, my order of favorite champion themes is RBYFRLG, GSC, RSE, and then DPPt and BW tied for dead last (seriously, they don't even sound as good as the first three gens), while the same is true for Bike, Surf, and Rival themes. I don't know why, but later gen music seems ... bad. Nostalgia maybe?

I like the BW Champion music. But I am now posting my top 5:
1. Lake Acuity/Lake Verity/Mesprit's Lake
From Daimond, Pearl and Platinum.
2. Team Plasma Grunt Theme
From Black and White
3. Lance(Johto Champion)'s Theme
From HeartGold and SoulSilver
4. Team Rocket Admin Theme
From HeartGold and SoulSilver
5. Elite Four Battle Theme
From Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald.
My opinions seem to be the exact opposite of Ur's, TDL, as I like the newer music better and my Champion ratings:

1. HGSS/GSC
2. BW
3. DPPt
4. RSE/FRLG

TDL said:
After listening to a lot of Pokemon music recently, I've noticed that with each generation I find the music more crappy. For example, my order of favorite champion themes is RBYFRLG, GSC, RSE, and then DPPt and BW tied for dead last (seriously, they don't even sound as good as the first three gens), while the same is true for Bike, Surf, and Rival themes. I don't know why, but later gen music seems ... bad. Nostalgia maybe?
I've noticed this trend as well, actually. The kinds of tracks that appear in each game (Bike, Surf, Rival) seem to degrade in quality as time goes on; they aren't really 'classics' and they don't seem to be all that stupendous as their prior counterparts.
GSC has the best rival theme hands-down; as for the others, the RBY for the Bike and Surf are probably the best, but both of those face stiff competition from RSE's respective themes as well, which I seem to like quite a bit. (GSC's Bike theme is also equally wonderful as RBY's, in my opinion.)

I got into a discussion like this with a friend on my drive back from Phoenix, actually; we were talking about the various tracks, and we got onto the topic of the Pokemon Center theme - the tune and beat have stayed exactly the same this whole time, and each time (with the terribad exception of DPPt's rendition), it's STILL as amazing as it ever was.

This is why I find the Pokemon Center theme the most iconic of the entire series. It's just that good that the tune was never changed once.

My favorite music from Pokemon is from Lavender Town in R/B, the Arceus battle in D/P/P, and Treasure Town in Pokemon MD: Explorers of Time.

For me, they would have to be the following:

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald: Maxie/Archie Battle Music, Champion Battle Music, Victory Road Theme, Ending Credits
Pokemon FireRed/Leafgreen: Champion Battle Music
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: Cyrus Battle Music, Galactic Admin Battle Music, Galactic Grunt Battle Music, Dialga/Palkia Battle Music, Giratina Battle Music (Best legendary music, hands down), Champion Battle Music, Ending Credits
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver: Rocket Battle Music, Gym Leader Music, Ho-oh Battle Music, Champion Battle Music, Route 47-48 theme
Pokemon Black/White: Subway Trainer Battle Music, Elite Four Battle Music, Ghetsis Battle Music, N Battle Music (Final Version), Plasma Grunt Battle Music Ending Credits

That's about it for what I can think of at the moment. I enjoy listening to all of these songs very much.

I find, pretty much, all the Rival Theme's, Team Rocket Theme's, and Champion Theme's to be iconic and epic.

My favorites from GS are Route 1 and Tin Tower. Love those two.

pew pew pew pew
pah pah PAH pah pah PAH
pah pah PAH pah pah PAH
paaaah paaaaah
pah pah PAH pah pah PAH
pah pah PAH pah pah PAH
pah pah pah, pah pah-pah;
pah pah pah, pah pah-pah;
PPPAAAAHHH

basically when you encounter a pokemon in red/blue

or the songs by "the missingno. tracks" or "2 B.A. Master" especially double trouble; and also the original Team rocket motto.

also, the one that goes like this:
DUNnuhnuhnuhnuhnuhDUNnunuhnuhnuhNAH
DUNnuhnuhnuhnuhnuhDUNnunuhnuhnuhNAH
duh nuh dun nuh NUH nuh nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh
duuuhhh nuuuhhh nuuuhhh NAH
duh nuh dun nuh NUH nuh nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh
duuuhhh nuuuhhh nuuuhhh NAH
DUNnuhnuhnuhnuhnuhDun
DUH NUH NUH DUH NUH NUH NUH NAH...
DUN NUN NUH DUN NUH NUH NAH NUUUHHHH.....NNNNAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

i hope you see which song i'm talking about, and that you're not all like , what the heck?

I like a lot of them, but let's see:
RBY: Gym Leader Battle Theme, Rt. 3 Theme, Mt. Moon Theme
FRLG: Same plus Sevii Island Route Theme (Rt. 42 Remix)
GSC: Rival Battle Theme, Johto Trainer Battle Theme, Johto Gym Leader Battle Theme, Dark Cave Theme, Team Rocket Battle Theme, Lighthouse Theme, Battle Tower Theme, Rt. 42 Theme, Champion Battle Theme, Kanto Wild Pokemon Battle Theme, Rt. 2 Theme (Viridian Forest Theme in HGSS)
HGSS: Same plus Rt. 47 Theme, Frontier Brain Battle Theme, Kanto Gym Leader Battle Theme
RSE: Rt. 104 Theme, Team Magma/Aqua Battle Theme, Slateport City Theme, Surfing Theme, Rt. 123 Theme, Underwater Theme, Victory Road Theme, Elite 4 Battle Theme
DPPt: Rt. 203 Theme, Gym Leader Battle Theme, Rt. 205 Theme, Team Galactic Battle Theme, Eterna Forest Theme, Rt. 225 Theme
BW: Wild Pokemon Battle Theme (BW2 only), Dreamyard Theme, Unova Gym Leader Battle Theme (the tune itself is really good, although I prefer BW2's), Gym Leader's Final Pokemon Theme (BW1 only. BW2's would be better were it not for the part at the beginning where it starts to sound too fast and then instantly slows down. Sounds like they messed it up and never got to correct it.), Team Plasma Battle Theme (again, both are good but BW2's is better), Skyarrow Bridge Theme, Bicycle Theme, Mistralton City Theme, Opelucid City Theme (Black), Victory Road Theme, Elite 4 Battle Theme, Lacunosa Town Theme, Undella Town Theme (Summer. IDK why they don't play it in Spring and Autumn, the Winter theme sucks), BW2 Rival Theme, Corless Battle Theme, Kanto Gym Leader Battle Theme (much improved and I like the retro sound of it), Hoenn Gym Leader Battle Theme, Sinnoh Gym Leader Battle Theme

Club Master Theme, Pokemon TCG 1 and 2

That music alone got me into the card game.

Here, have a rock remix:
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqi9ekU5bMM[/video]

Hmm. I think, out of the many iconic Pokemon songs in my head, the one that most stood out to me was the Lavender Town theme. When i first played through Fire Red, that song scared me so much that i would take any other route to get to somewhere, even if it was longer, just to avoid going through Lavender Town. Oh, and even if i turned the volume off, I was still afraid of going through Lavender Town because of the stupid Pokemon Tower, and all the ghosts there.

Definitly Lavender Town. Cree-py! The Lavender Town Syndrome? Not sure about it, but even if it is just Creepypasta, it definitly makes that muisic memorable.

Back