The Next Rotation

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
Guys, TPCI may be dumb, but they aren't stupid. If they rotate DRX they will reprint Tool Scrapper. For example, they randomly reprinted switch in BCR right before the rotation. Also, they reprinted Enrgy Switch in LTR so they actually know they aren't THAT out of it.

Oh yeah, called it. Just thought I'd point that out
180px-SurpriseMegaphoneWildBlaze74.jpg
Looks like PLS-On IMHO

*Waits for Skyla reprint or something better*

Shinigami said:
XY-on, though that would mean letting Plasma run rampant until January or February. Again, this is just one of the many options TPCI has, and as they've done it before, it's worth considering.
By the time Nationals rolls around that would leave us with literally 2 sets.

ichitaicho said:
If they have made promo N and LT is just for one reason: Dont let die tactical cards.
(At least as my point of veiw).
How so?

I think we'll have to see what the later sets bring before we can say goodbye to our good friend Skyla for sure. ;~;

Frost Mage said:
ichitaicho said:
If they have made promo N and LT is just for one reason: Dont let die tactical cards.
(At least as my point of veiw).
How so?

I think we'll have to see what the later sets bring before we can say goodbye to our good friend Skyla for sure. ;~;

Well, they reprinted a lot of EXs and good cards in LT, and they made N the promo 100. They don't want good cards to die, maybe they will make new cards, in which you will be able to use the Reprints they did in LT and the last Promos.

To be completely honest, I really wish Skyla or some trainer searching Supporter will be around for next format (Rising Fist maybe???).
Without Skyla you hear things like, "I topdecked <insert game-winning card> for the win," rather then "I topdecked skyla to search for <insert game-winning card> for the win". More skill and less luck is made with skyla.
And right now, Skyla is probably the most needed staple in decks right now. N's are now a flip flop between itself or shauna, Junipers have been cut due to 'bad-hand' situations, Colress and Ghetsis are inconsistent, etc.

Skyla is inconsistent. Just think of having all of them in your treasures (inside joke)......How about: Discard a card from your hand. Search your deck for 2 trainers. Or something like that.

zavtac said:
Skyla is inconsistent. Just think of having all of them in your treasures (inside joke)....How about: Discard a card from your hand. Search your deck for 2 trainers. Or something like that.

The only time skyla is inconsistent would be in a deck that runs random receiver and skyla. Which would mainly be darkrai/yvelt with skyla...oh wait that deck only uses one skyla if not none...
It is literally the most consistent card too. Cards like N, Juniper, Colress, Shauna, are all reliant in the 'luck of the draw.' Skyla though can literally search for anything because of professor's letter and ultra ball, which are also staples in most decks.

I dont Think they will reprint skyla BUUUUUT I think they will make another card as long as Tierno killed Cheren.
Despite of that, I think next rotation will be PLS-ON

They won't reprint Skyla, the card is too good to make another copy of. The ability to search out any Trainer card with no drawback other than using up your Supporter for the turn cannot be overlooked. Skyla is what makes decks like Blastoise/Rayboar able to be competitive. Sure, Tropical Beach helps out but that's all luck of the draw, a factor that many Blastoise/Rayboar players won't risk. Once Skyla goes, the game will slow down a bit, cards that give you draw will become more popular in the meta. So I don't expect to see a Skyla-esque reprint but rather more Draw power coming.

Elbow said:
zavtac said:
Skyla is inconsistent. Just think of having all of them in your treasures (inside joke)....How about: Discard a card from your hand. Search your deck for 2 trainers. Or something like that.

The only time skyla is inconsistent would be in a deck that runs random receiver and skyla. Which would mainly be darkrai/yvelt with skyla...oh wait that deck only uses one skyla if not none...
It is literally the most consistent card too. Cards like N, Juniper, Colress, Shauna, are all reliant in the 'luck of the draw.' Skyla though can literally search for anything because of professor's letter and ultra ball, which are also staples in most decks.
I wasn't calling Skyla inconsistent (it is consistent as it gets) it was a joke. Did anyone get that (the joke)?

zavtac said:
Elbow said:
I wasn't calling Skyla inconsistent (it is consistent as it gets) it was a joke. Did anyone get that (the joke)?

Nobody Will get the joke if it doesn't sound like one,especially when it is only making people cringe.

Now, if skyla gets rotated out, I think a supporter that you have to discard a card with to search up a trainer would be more balanced, as skyla is one overpowered mofo, It's so overlooked until people realise that it's going away, you know the phrase.

I really want to see a few new Ace specs, some Costly skyla replacements(more than 1 discard)
However, it seems the game will just slow down a ton, so BO3 50 has to get extended..
argh! I'm just excited for the new sets and the new stuff.

With Prism energy being rotated, I wonder how that will affect the Aromatisse decks. That leaves only four rainbow energy to cover all types. Yveltal EX could still be viable (as with any other things that only need one specific type of energy), but Darkrai, Genesect, and others might suffer. Perhaps decks will opt to use more fairy attackers to cover those bases.

pokedan24 said:
With Prism energy being rotated, I wonder how that will affect the Aromatisse decks. That leaves only four rainbow energy to cover all types. Yveltal EX could still be viable (as with any other things that only need one specific type of energy), but Darkrai, Genesect, and others might suffer. Perhaps decks will opt to use more fairy attackers to cover those bases.

You could still use Darkrai, just not as viable, fairy garden could cover this, as prism is out of the picture.
I've never heard of an Aromatisse-reliant deck that uses Genesect though.

I think Fairy Garden is better anyway. Less bench space and it provides a counter stadium.

I've seen a few Aromatisse decks using Genesect. It's usually used with plasma energy for red signal (though I myself have tried a Genesect/Aromatisse deck using G Booster.)

helti said:
zavtac said:

Nobody Will get the joke if it doesn't sound like one,especially when it is only making people cringe.

Now, if skyla gets rotated out, I think a supporter that you have to discard a card with to search up a trainer would be more balanced, as skyla is one overpowered mofo, It's so overlooked until people realise that it's going away, you know the phrase.

I really want to see a few new Ace specs, some Costly skyla replacements(more than 1 discard)
However, it seems the game will just slow down a ton, so BO3 50 has to get extended..
argh! I'm just excited for the new sets and the new stuff.

And that's why we use Exeggcute.

I wonder what we have to replace Level Ball in the next rotation since Next Destinies is getting rotated out? The Ultra Ball/Level Ball engine seems much more consistent than running 3-4 Pokemon Fan Club since it helps you play your Supporter for turn while still searching for Pokemon with your Trainer - Items. This worked back in HGSS-On with Dual Ball cause instead of playing Collector to get up to 3 Basics you'd be playing something else like PONT instead while getting multiple Pokemon using Dual Ball and Junk Arm. Also the sooner Tropical Beach gets rotated out the better...

I think the aim Nintendo is trying to go for here is to slow the game down from it's current speed. It seems they're trying to release the constant reliance on basic EX pokemon and uber-levels of speedy play.

The problem right now with the current format IS the constant reliance on Basic EX's yet instead of solving the problem by printing more playable and competitive Stage 1/Stage 2 Evolutions they decide to print Basic EX's with terrible attacks/abilties just to appease collectors but it's nice that they're "trying" to break away from that with Flashfire although I feel as though they're not doing enough. I don't think Trainer/Supporter speed has anything to do with it as you mentioned, Tropical Beach is still a problem for some players to run competitive Stage 2 decks that are still reliant on that draw consistency but can't afford it unless they play on a budget with Empoleon/Dusknoir however it's possible to go Beachless with a Stage 2 deck and still do great at League Challenge, City Champs, Nationals, or even Regionals with it.

With this whole "Rotating out Skyla" initiative roaming around, I actually might tweak my PTCGO decks to not use Skyla or Scrapper and see how it goes (for whenever it comes out of Maintenance mode) :p.

pokedan24 said:
I think Fairy Garden is better anyway. Less bench space and it provides a counter stadium.

I've seen a few Aromatisse decks using Genesect. It's usually used with plasma energy for red signal (though I myself have tried a Genesect/Aromatisse deck using G Booster.)

Fairy garden benefits the opponent very often, and lets plasma players wreck you even harder than they already do. Playing fairy garden causes easier wins for your opponents who are playing prism/rainbow or even fairy.

Back