The Next Rotation

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
Guys, TPCI may be dumb, but they aren't stupid. If they rotate DRX they will reprint Tool Scrapper. For example, they randomly reprinted switch in BCR right before the rotation. Also, they reprinted Enrgy Switch in LTR so they actually know they aren't THAT out of it.

What if they're out of it?

A kind of "tool Scrapper" card has just been revealed for Wild Blaze, so my guess would now be BCR on.

Even though it hurts a LOT, I believe PLS-On is getting more and more logical. We got another playable pair of Supporters in Wild Blaze in the form of Lysandre and Pokémon Fan Club; Duskull and Dusclops are getting reprinted to mantain Sinister Hand in play as well as a new, also usable, Dusknoir; Items "replacing" in some way Super Rod and Scrapper... Now, the things that would really hurt to lose from BCR would be Skyla, Computer Search and Landorus-EX, and they are easily able to be left out of Modified. Because, didn't it hurted somehow to lose PONT, Junk Arm, Dual Ball, Primes and LEGENDS?

Honestly, I'm glad that we're at least losing SOMETHING. In 2013, we lost next to nothing, and it made the format really similar and pretty boring. The only reason it got better is because of the first turn rule and the Catcher errata. Now with Surprise Megaphone, I think the format will be pretty even. It is true that Plasma doesn't lose much, and Beach leaving will make Stage 2 decks worse, but Pyroar pretty much hard counters Plasma, and makes Stage 2 decks better in general because they can hurt it and basic decks can't.

Alli said:
Which BW promos could we expect to stay in the format?

None, X&Y promos are going to eat them. Anything BCR or PLS-on reprints only probably.

Alli said:

Black star Promo 51 and higher. This will take out tropical beach and still keep a bunch of important cards like Skyla, N, Juniper ect.

Cortel II said:
Alli said:

Black star Promo 51 and higher. This will take out tropical beach and still keep a bunch of important cards like Skyla, N, Juniper ect.

Well, Skyla doesn't have a Promo one.

Eron said:
Cortel II said:

Well, Skyla doesn't have a Promo one.
I really hated when I found this out, but... Look at the bottom of the card... It's still 134/149 of BCR, not a BW Promo. :( But hopefully it's BCR on... However, N will be definitely staying in, as it is, if I'm not mistaken, the last BW Promo, being BW100.

EDIT: Misread your post. >.>

Frost Mage said:
So you mean it was released later than the Red Genesect Promo?

For some reason they did that, everyone was:

"We got promo 99 and 101. Which card could be 100? "

And after some months they released the N promo.

Frost Mage said:
Ah... Well, at least N is staying for sure.

TPCI: "Oh lolz guys, why don't we rotate all BW Promos and just leave the Set Cards?"

If they have made promo N and LT is just for one reason: Dont let die tactical cards.
(At least as my point of veiw).

Luispipe8 said:
Eron said:
TPCI: "Oh lolz guys, why don't we rotate all BW Promos and just leave the Set Cards?"

That would be hilariously terrible... :(
The next day....
TPCI: "Oh lolz guys, why don't we rotate all set cards and Just leave the BW Promos instead?"

I was hoping for BCR-on, but the more I look at what's in Wild Blaze, the newly revealed promo cards, and what that format would look like, I'm going to have to say it'll likely be PLS-on. We're getting viable replacements for almost everything we lose: Computer Search's departure could give other Ace Specs a chance to shine. I predict Scramble Switch and Scoop Up Cyclone will become more popular in general, no matter what the rotation is. Sacred Ash is ALMOST Super Rod: Superior Energy Retrieval could fill the energy retrieval vacuum, or else some sort of Milotic/Iris combo will surface. Surprise Megaphone blows Tool Scrapper out of the water, so no worried there.

There is one other option that could be considered, not one anybody is really willing to discuss: the chance of a mid-season rotation. It happened before when we got into Heartgold/Soulsilver, thoroughly eliminating SP decks from the format and forcing players to rely on Evolution-based decks. I could see the same thing happening here and going to strictly XY-on, though that would mean letting Plasma run rampant until January or February. Again, this is just one of the many options TPCI has, and as they've done it before, it's worth considering.

Back