The PokéBeach Forums Official Monthly Banner Challenge #2-January 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think all LV is trying to say is that Deviantart is strict with taken images. Maybe it'd be best to take down the image until you get permission, but its your decision (until BR says otherwise).

Moneyking63 said:
I can't speak for Black Rayquaza but as famous as the image is, it is common courtesy to ask permission and he really should. Regardless of where he found it, if PearlEden says no, sorry SS tough luck.

^^Matt is wise. It dosent matter how popular the pic is, get some permission or the one you entered before that will be the official entry.

-Black Rayquaza

SixaxiS said:
maybe he found it on an image hosting website like photobucket or tinypic, in which case, he wouldnt have to ask for permission, since he didn't know. :p

This is flawed.....if its proven that it does come from DeviantArt then you gotta ask.....if you google pretty much any pokemon, images will come up that are drawn by someone else on DA.....you have to make sure you know where your images come from.

-Black Rayquaza

Phoenix said:
On another note; LV, your art from the last competition came from Deviant. In other words, you shouldn't be pointing fingers.
I got that Vaporeon & Luxray from PearlMode, not deviantART.

Yet, it is still found on DeviantArt. Please don't argue or "dennie" it. :F

--------

Matt is right and wise. *thumbs up*

Are you talking about this one:
LV said:
Here's my one:

The meaning behind this banner:
Northern NSW/SE Queensland had about 2 weeks worth of storms & Sydney also had 2 or 3 storms during those ones, & everyone knows that I love the Eeveelutions...that's why I did Vaporeon.
Like I said: I got them from Pearl Mode
Here's the freaking pictures:
Vap:
134_400.jpg

Luxray:
405_400.jpg

Haha well thank you Andrew and Mason you're too kind. =]

But on the subject, this rule is generally in place in most art contests, it's just not enforced. Unless the owner has expressed to everyone that he allows anyone to use it publicly with or without credit, you really need personal permission!

This is my banner entry for now. I may possibly change some things if I have time...

23kq435.jpg

I really enjoyed drawing Staraptor, but colouring it was a nightmare. =/
But I love the result.
I'll probably use this for my banner even if I lose. <33

Anyway, I think I asked this before, but are there any limits on banner size? If there are, I'll probably have to resize this. =P

The sizing should be alright....just try to stay within sig limits usually and you'll be fine.

-Black Rayquaza

Phoenix said:
Light Venusaur said:
Soul Seeker said:
Hi,

Could I change my Banner please ?

If so I'd like to use this one.

attachment.php
Black Ray said:
Q:Can we use images from Deviant Art?
You can, you will need written permission and a screenshot from whoever the image rightfully belongs to. If you drew it yourself, this is of course, not needed.
Did you ask PearlEden for the usage of the Arceus pic?
Here the link to it, if you don't belive me.

SixaxiS said:
maybe he found it on an image hosting website like photobucket or tinypic, in which case, he wouldnt have to ask for permission, since he didn't know. :p

Staraptor said:
LV, I've seen that image many times before. =/
Just type arceus into google and you'll find it.

Maybe he didn't realize it was from deviantart?

Charizard88 said:
How about I have seen it on Google, MSN, Yahoo, Dev.Art, Ask, Youtube...it is all over the internet. So stop complaing there is no saying WHERE he got the image from.

Well, we'll wait for B-Ray's verdict.

On another note; LV, your art from the last competition came from Deviant. In other words, you shouldn't be pointing fingers.

I haven't got a DeviantArt Account yet, so can I still use this banner ?
I'll ask for the permission if I ever get an account there ^^

Soul Seeker said:
I haven't got a DeviantArt Account yet, so can I still use this banner ?
I'll ask for the permission if I ever get an account there ^^

Dude, for the time it took you to quote all those messages concerning this matter EXCEPT for mine, you could have registered and asked without a problem. Just do it.....are you afraid that the person will say no? Just show them your banner and tell them what its for and I'm sure it wont be an issue.....this post I'm quoting is re-making it an issue IMO.

-Black Rayquaza

Phoenix said:
Anyways, I asked them ages ago (when I 1st joined) if I could you their art & they gave me permission to use it...from time to time, I re-check on MSN (Yes, I added PearlEden to my MSN contacts).

Glad to see people getting them in on time =]

Theres a little more than two hours left here in the competition, so any last minute entries should be posted VERY soon.

Hope to see some more!

-Black Rayquaza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back