BW/BW2 The Pokemon Global Link Discussion Thread

RE: Global Link Site Launched a Day Early. Up NOW!!!

I just played the demo version for about half an hour. It was pretty fun. I found an Exeggcute, Mareep, Bellsprout and Sentret (all male) and decided to keep the Mareep. I also found a Net Ball and a Sitrus Berry, which I planted in the garden before stopping for the night. Later today I'll probably register my game.

For some reason I got error code: 61020 It isn't my firewall so it's gotta be the server has anyone else had this problem?

I think I have a different problem than everybody else. My code works perfectly, I tucked in a pokemon, and I can go around the site. But, whenever I click one of those buttons to the DW or the one that says "promotions", it brings me to a white screen and it says 0%. I hope I can actually get on soon.

Grizzly said:
I have yet to finish that darn game. I've made it to level 4, but it's a pain in the grass to finish

It wasn't that hard on my laptop for me. Perhaps a mouse issue?

Alright. I started the process at 12:25, also registered my profile and Game Sync ID. Tucked in Jigglypuff, which took about 45 seconds. Exited at 12:30. So about 5 mins total. Now I'm just waiting for my info to appear on the Pokemon-gl site, as it still says I haven't tucked anyone in.

Well I tucked in my Tepig and caught 4 Pokemon (all male) A Tangela, Poochyena, Lickitung and (insert forgotton Pokemons name here)
I had NO problems at all! But i have found out something VITAL:
My bro tucked in his chandelure and it wouldnt work. I tucked in Tepig (as I saw a pic of starters dreaming before) and it worked. It got me thinking why it didnt work with Chandelure so I checked all Pokemon in the other dream isles. Nothing unusual. Then I find the FOOTPRINT mat. Then it hit me... All the Pokemon that can dream always have FEET! So i went to the wish tree and lots of bubbles with Pokemon appeared. Feet, feet, feet, and more feet. So thats why I believe for a Pokemon to be able to dream, they have to have FEET.

Btw this isn't a joke, this is actually FACT!

Sorry to bust your theory, but I was in the DW yesterday and when I sent Whimsicott back to it's house thingy it said that I had a friend request (or something like that) and the other guy's Pokemon was a Volcarona which, if I'm not mistaken, has no feet, lol. The DW set up just takes varying times to set up. It took me about an hour, and I know that some people haven't been able to do it at all yet. Just give it time, it'll work

Fennel's cryptic statement that "some Pokemon can't be tucked in" now makes perfect sense.
I wonder if you can tuck in Hydreigon, though? It floats, but it DOES have feet. Same thing with Crobat. Hmm. Someone should test that.

Edit: Winter just posted as I was writing this. Oh.
Wait, you sent in Whimsicott also? Nice.

I registered and tucked in a pokemon yesterday. Still can't access dream world

lucariopulse333 said:
for a Pokemon to be able to dream, they have to have FEET.

You're wrong there, almost all 649 (with a few exeptions) pokemon work in the dreamworld regardless of if they have feet or not. For instance, my sister used a Foongus, which has no feet and she got onto the dreamworld in less than 30 minutes whereas I used a Tepig I tucked it in 23 hours ago and I still haven't been able to access the Dream World.

Everything works for me. Everything exept for loading. I tucked my Victini in, and logged on the site but the DW won't load. Neither will the other buttons on the bottom of the page. I'm really getting impateint because I've been waiting a while for this to come out.

I was able to get onto the DW yesterday with a Mincinno and caught a Tangela with the move Sleep Powder and the ability Regeneration. It was really fun! :D

Trainer of Shadows said:
lucariopulse333 said:
for a Pokemon to be able to dream, they have to have FEET.

You're wrong there, almost all 649 (with a few exeptions) pokemon work in the dreamworld regardless of if they have feet or not. For instance, my sister used a Foongus, which has no feet and she got onto the dreamworld in less than 30 minutes whereas I used a Tepig I tucked it in 23 hours ago and I still haven't been able to access the Dream World.

Same here nearly 24 hours and still nothing

For me it's been 24 hrs and I haven't been able to get in.

I figured it out.

Once you go on this website: http://en.pokemon-gl.com/, on the bottom right hand side of the window is a Purple Box that says "Pokemon Dream World" click on it while your Pokemon is asleep on your DS and you'll be able to get on the Dream World and meet Fennel, Professor Juniper's Assistant.

Your Pokemon should start dreaming when you get onto the "Pokemon Dream World" on the internet cause you play it on the internet and not your DS System. If it doesn't work that means that the Flash Player on your computer isn't working or it needs to be upgraded.

Hope that helps. As for me since the Dream World Flash Game doesn't work on my own computer I plan on using my Family's Computer to access the Dream World where the Flash Player on that PC works and it did at least before my Mom kicked me off the internet. :p

Just woke my Jigglypuff up and got a Shinx that I befriended in the DW. I was rushed earlier today, so I didn't get to befriend all the Pokemon that appeared and play all their games. Will do more in-depth things tomorrow.

As far as linking up with someone else's Entralink, it didn't seem that there was anyone around me, which kinda sucks. :-/ I'll have to doodle with that a little more as well, when more people are able to connect to the DW.

Card Slinger J said:
I figured it out.

Once you go on this website: http://en.pokemon-gl.com/, on the bottom right hand side of the window is a Purple Box that says "Pokemon Dream World" click on it while your Pokemon is asleep on your DS and you'll be able to get on the Dream World and meet Fennel, Professor Juniper's Assistant.

Your Pokemon should start dreaming when you get onto the "Pokemon Dream World" on the internet cause you play it on the internet and not your DS System. If it doesn't work that means that the Flash Player on your computer isn't working or it needs to be upgraded.

Hope that helps. As for me since the Dream World Flash Game doesn't work on my own computer I plan on using my Family's Computer to access the Dream World where the Flash Player on that PC works and it did at least before my Mom kicked me off the internet. :p

Just checked for a flash update and seems i'm upto date, thanks for the insight

It took my game three min to load....but Anyways. I have been trying to use the GBU and every time i enter pokemon it says there are a problem with them. I read the rules and I never broke any of them.

I still haven't really tried to do anything yet.
I know the site and everything, but it's hard to do all this on the Wii.
:T
Off topic: Sparta you're supposed to battle me...

My friend is having an issue with her game where, yes 24 hours have passed, but she's not able to tuck her pokemon in for some reason, anyone have a solution?

Back