DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The D/P/P Questions and Answers Thread

dmaster said:
EV = Effort Value/Effort Point

dmaster out.

I'd say that's what I'm talking about. His speed is 97 and he seems to only be quick in a one-on-one against Rock-Type and Steel-Type{F}{M}

If you'll note the Power Items, Kiba, they do increase Speed EVs given, but reduce the Speed of the Pokemon while it's being held. Piplup is getting only +1 per battle mostly because Piplup has a rather low Speed stat compared to other Pokemon. Rest assured, you are getting all those EVs; you just won't see the effect right away.

DNA said:
If you'll note the Power Items, Kiba, they do increase Speed EVs given, but reduce the Speed of the Pokemon while it's being held. Piplup is getting only +1 per battle mostly because Piplup has a rather low Speed stat compared to other Pokemon. Rest assured, you are getting all those EVs; you just won't see the effect right away.

Oh I get it now. Thanks:D

kiba963 said:
Oh I get it now. Thanks:D

To be more specific, you won't see all the EVs until you're Lv.100.

dmaster out.

Is there a way to get unlimited rare candy WITHOUT cheating or hacking? This is on DPPt

as far as I know, there isn't... what about anyone else?

Yeah... As far as I know, no, there isn't. There are methods which would allow you to get many (such as having a team of six Lv.100 Pokémon with Pickup), but it would happen over a very long period of time. (I believe there was also a method to getting some in the Maid's challenge in Platinum that involved using Theif or something of the sort, but I'm not sure.)

You could clone in Emerald then transfer the Rare Candies 6 at a time. Slow, but it will work.

And if you play Lv.100 on Wi-Fi or Shoddy, you won't need to worry about Rare Candies. ;p

dmaster out.

dmaster said:
And if you play Lv.100 on Wi-Fi or Shoddy, you won't need to worry about Rare Candies. ;p

dmaster out.

That is true.

I need help with my EV training, again, lol

If I battle PI Carlos with 3 seaking which give 2 attack EVs each. with PKRS and power bracer I will get 36 attack EVs which means I will need to battle him 7 times. If I made a mistake please correct me :)

2 EV's (Seaking) + 4 EV's (Power Brace) = 6 EV's
6 EV's x 2 (Pokerus) = 12 EV's
12 EV's x 3 (Number of Seakings) = 36 EV's.

If you are going for 252 Attack Ev's;

252/7 = 36

So you are corrected. You would need to battle him 7 times to get 252 Attack EV's.

I accidentally over EVd my pokemon in attack. Anyone know where to get a Kelpsy berry?

#1weavile said:
I accidentally over EVd my pokemon in attack. Anyone know where to get a Kelpsy berry?

there is a person that gives you a berry a day that is an ev reducing berry and she lives in a house by the great marsh. save in front of her and soft reset until you get a kelpsey berry. you can only get 1 per day

I was trying to use carbos on my piplup and keep telling me it has no effect. Why is that?

kiba963 said:
I was trying to use carbos on my piplup and keep telling me it has no effect. Why is that?

Vitamins add 10 EV's to their respective stats, but they can only be used if your Pokemon has less than 100 EV's. If it says it has no effect, then your Piplup already has more than 100 EV's in Speed.
When EV training, use Vitamins first for 100 easy EV's. ;]

Hope it helped.
Vini

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, it's because Piplup has taken 10 Vitamins already. Pretty much, say it drinks 2 Protiens and 5 Calciums already. The most you would be able to give it is 3 Carbos because 3+2+5=10. Hope I helped...

Oh okay that helped a bunch, thanks, but is it the same with the salac berry?

That's a no as far as I know. Salac berries are used in battle for when a pokemon's HP gets low. That's the only use it has as far as I know.

There is no limit on how many vitamins a Pokemon can take under the following conditions:
-The Pokemon does not have 100evs in the stat you are attempting to give a vitamin for.
-The Pokemon's total evs is less than 510

Salac Berries can be used to make very good Poffins that are a high level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back