DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The D/P/P Questions and Answers Thread

raichupika33 said:
Hmm, good idea, but is there a special electric type move that Lucario can learn?

The only move I'm sure Lucario can learn is Magnet Rise, it's not offensive, though. Magnet Rise basically has the same effects as Levitate, by the way.

For future refrence, you can look up moves on pages such as Bulbapedia. ^_^

Edit: Ofcourse Hidden Power

raichupika33 said:
Hmm, good idea, but is there a special electric type move that Lucario can learn?
HP electric can work. Most gyarados' won't switch out on lucario, so HP electric would be a good idea.

Can Level 100 Pokemon be EV trained by other means than using Carbos, Calcium, etc.? To "max out" EVs, do you just use a bunch of those vitamins?

Juliacoolo said:
HP electric can work. Most gyarados' won't switch out on lucario, so HP electric would be a good idea.

Yeah, I think this would be the best solution. Thanks everyone!

Juliacoolo said:
In-game thhough they don't really make precitions like that though, if your finding it hard to get the right Hidden Power I could have a go and try to get the right EV's then I could trade it to you! =D

hey
i'm creating a double team with groundon (just fore fun between me and my mate) and i have two questions:
1.Are my EV guide ok for Groudon ( 252HP/252 Special Attack/4 Defence)
and
2.If groundon is out in play with his ablility (gives sun to the battle field) if i send out a pokemon with 'sand veil' does it still work with Groudon's ability or does one cancel out each other?
please and thankyou

Someone told me I could EV train at Level 100...doesn't that require putting it in your PC after every battle?

Toxicated13 said:
hey
i'm creating a double team with groundon (just fore fun between me and my mate) and i have two questions:
1.Are my EV guide ok for Groudon ( 252HP/252 Special Attack/4 Defence)
and
2.If groundon is out in play with his ablility (gives sun to the battle field) if i send out a pokemon with 'sand veil' does it still work with Groudon's ability or does one cancel out each other?
please and thankyou

1. As Groudon it an bigger Physical threat than specaial i advise this spread:
252 Hp/ 252 Att/ 6 defence.

2. the one switched in last will take effect.

I need some help catching Heracross in Platinum-I have put liberal amounts of honey on a tree, come back to find...... a Wurmple. Is there anything special I have to do?

paddy185 said:
I need some help catching Heracross in Platinum-I have put liberal amounts of honey on a tree, come back to find...... a Wurmple. Is there anything special I have to do?
I think you have to keep on waiting and be patient :(.

EspeonROX said:
Someone told me I could EV train at Level 100...doesn't that require putting it in your PC after every battle?

Actually that's not possible. As if I'm correct, EVs come with your Experience Points. And once your Pokemon is at Level 100 it is not possible to gain Experience Points anymore.

Even if the assumption above is the incorrect way of earning EVs, I can tell you now that you can't gain EVs once at Level 100. I've seen many threads with that question, all of which were quickly answered with no you can't. Questions have also popped-up here and were answered with the same thing normally... Unless it was PMJ answering, he gives a long detailed answer on this question sometimes. If you have a doubt ask PMJ, haha.

OK, so after doing my first EV Training I have a question. I was Training my Fantom, and I was battling a Bidoof with the Power Anklet attached to it (so Fantom would get one EV in HP and 4 in Speed). Fantom also has Pokerus. My question is, would the Pokerus affect the speed growth as well? Making the EV's Fantom would get from that Bidoof battle two in HP and 8 in Speed.?

Okay I'm sort of a noob at this but is there a way you can battle people on your DS from far away places via a Battle Code or something? Like do you need to connect your DS through the internet to battle people in other places in the world or something?

Any help, advice, and suggestions on this is greatly appreciated. See I'm only used to doing Wi-Fi battles against my friends with our DS's close to eachother at the same place but I don't know If there's a way you can do it from far away or not.

Yeah, you have to connect to Wi-Fi to trade/battle people around the world.

dmaster out.

Okay but how do you register your own friend code? Does the person you want to battle have to do it for you or something? Cause it seems like the case.

Yeah, you both have to exchange Friend Codes.

dmaster out.

Every Pokémon gives an EV in a certain stat. When you defeat any Pokémon, that Pokémon gains an EV in that stat(s). When the Pokémon is Lv.100, for every 4 EV's a Pokémon has in a stat, it will have an extra point in that stat. Any one Pokémon can only have 255 EV's in any one stat, 510 EV's total. Since 255 is not divisible by 4, most people go by 252 instead. There are also certain items (Power Items, Macho Brace, Vitamins), that increase/give you EV's. Certian berries decrease EV's, and if you have a Pokémon with PokéRus, the EV gains are doubled.

In short, just defeat Pokémon that have an EV in the stat you want.

What is an EV and why cant u have more 255 EVs, whay happens when u go over 255 EVs? And whatsup with the divisble -ness with 4. Also how do you know what pokemon gives off what EV? So, if i had killed 4 Starlys, would each Starly give my pokemon +1 EV for Speed? && where would I get power anklet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back