DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The D/P/P Questions and Answers Thread

EV's, or Effort Values, are used to increase stats. You can't go over 255 EV's because that's the ingame limit, the game won't allow you to go over 255. Every 4 EV's adds one point to the stat that it is for. So 4 Speed EV's would give you a 1 point increase on Speed. Certain pokemon species give certain EV's. Check Gamefaqs for a list of every pokemon and what EV's they give. Starly for example gives you 1 Speed EV. So kill 4 Starly, you get 4 Speed EV's.

You can only get the power items from Battle Tower/battle frontier. You would have to compete in Battle Tower/Battle Frontier to get Battle Points with which to buy a power item.

Shadelon said:
EV's, or Effort Values, are used to increase stats. You can't go over 255 EV's because that's the ingame limit, the game won't allow you to go over 255. Every 4 EV's adds one point to the stat that it is for. So 4 Speed EV's would give you a 1 point increase on Speed. Certain pokemon species give certain EV's. Check Gamefaqs for a list of every pokemon and what EV's they give. Starly for example gives you 1 Speed EV. So kill 4 Starly, you get 4 Speed EV's.

You can only get the power items from Battle Tower/battle frontier. You would have to compete in Battle Tower/Battle Frontier to get Battle Points with which to buy a power item.

Thank you for the more detailed description, but! I still didn't understand it so I went searching and came across a cool and easy way to understand how to EV train, It's a Youtube video, here is the link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frv1idPpwTk

2 questions, 1, if I'm using an exp share to train a pokemon with pokevirus does it still get double Ev's? (if my dratini with pkrs has an exp share on it, and my raquaza beats a zubat, does my dratini get 1 speed ev or 2?) and 2, if my dratini has 255 ev's in a stat, then beats a pokemon that gives ev's in that stat, does it waste those ev's or do they not count at all? (Ex if my dratini beats 500 zubats does it get 500 ev's but 245 are wasted, or can it still use those 245?)

I'm sure that once you hit 255, no more count, cause that's the limit in one stat. If you kill 500 zubats, you'll only get 255 EVs. Nothing past 255 will count at all.

If I evolve my Electabuzz via trade, then get it back, will it have the extra xp bonus?

No, since you are the original owner. It is the same for any Pokémon, no matter what happens to them (besides releasment).

Thank you! If you happen to have an electirizer, would you evolve my electabuzz?

RE: The HG/SS Question and Answers thread

Route 27. There are two rocks that block my way. and on the other side there is a random wall thing. ho do i get past? ive thought about headbutting the trees but i dont have a pokemon that has it.

richkid50000: You can access that part by surfing from Route 26, I believe.

Alright just one more question and I am done with the storyline! :D

Where is the Kanto Elite 4? I cant find them anywhere. :mad:

Kanto and Johto share the Elite 4.

What is the deal with the radio behind that waterfall in Tohjo Falls?

Grizzly said:
Kanto and Johto share the Elite 4.

What is the deal with the radio behind that waterfall in Tohjo Falls?

Thank you very much.

I love how thats the only place I havent looked and it might be the most obvious.

How do you change it? It seems to only be the Johto Elite 4.
Lol.

The small cave with the radio in the Tohjo Falls is for the special Celebi event.

Cool after beating all 8 Kanto gym leaders, go to Professor Oak. He will tell you to go to Mt. Silver. Go to Mt. Silver and explore around a bit. Eventually you'll find Red. He is essentially the final battle.

Shadelon said:
Cool after beating all 8 Kanto gym leaders, go to Professor Oak. He will tell you to go to Mt. Silver. Go to Mt. Silver and explore around a bit. Eventually you'll find Red. He is essentially the final battle.

OOOOOOO Alright.

Sorry for that Grizzly thats what you said I just wasnt reading it correctly.

Thank you though Shadelon!

You'll want your pokemon to be at high levels though. Red's team are in the 80's.

Can you only get the starters in 1 nature when you first get them?

NvM found the answer

I say this is a pretty useful thread. Anyway, my question:

I forgot where I read this, but do you need to catch Suicune, Entei, and Raikou to catch a certain legendary? Forgot where I read it, but I wanna know. And also, since the storyline sorta follows Crystal's storyline with the whole Suicune thing, is there a place where you catch him that he's stationary? (I.E. He waits for you, and then you battle him by interacting with him.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back