DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The HG/SS Question and Answers thread

If you mean stationary legendary Pokémon and Pokémon like Sudowoodo, there's Ho-Oh, Lugia, Red Gyarados, Sudowoodo, Suicune, Zapdos, Moltres, Atricuno and Mewtwo. Also, there's a Lapras every Friday.

In addition to that! The Bug-Catching contest is every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. There are seven Day Siblings that you can talk to for their items. Every Monday and Wednesday you can battle your Rival at the Indigo Plateau (after you beat him at Mt. Moon). Every Monday night, at or around midnight, you can watch the Clefairies dance at Mt. Moon clearing to get a free Moonstone. Also, based on beating Red (I think), you can challenge all 16 Gym Leaders again by catching them away from their gyms at certain times and registering their phone number, then calling them at a certain time for a rematch.

Also, a few more Pokemon: If you have Arceus, you can generate either Palkia, Dialga or Giratina (which are holding their respectful hold items) at Lv 1 someplace. Also, if you bring the Pikachu-colored Pichu from Gamestop to Ilex Forest with a space in your party, you'll befriend Spiky Eared Pichu.

Also, through some sort of sidequests, you can catch either Kyogre or Groudon (depending on version) in game, as well as Rayquaza. I'm unsure of the exact requirements on how to meet them, but I think 16 badges is one of them.

Also, there's a super-secret Celebi event programmed into the game as well that gives a little backstory into Team Rocket and your rival. We haven't gotten a Celebi in a very long time though, so unless they give us a download event, this is the hardest event to really do.

Uuuuuum, that's all off the top of my head, last I checked.

Oh! And if you get 5 Shiny Leafs stuck on one of your Pokemon you can get a star for your Trainer Card as well as something cool for that Pokemon. Though it's kinda a small event...

Yep I think I got most of the events.

Is there an Item like the PokeRadar in DPP? Thanks!

Just adding some precise details to Cyrstal Hikara's post, if needed.
Crystal Hikara said:
Every Monday night, at or around midnight, you can watch the Clefairies dance at Mt. Moon clearing to get a free Moonstone.
It's from 8 p.m. to midnight, to be precise.
Crystal Hikara said:
Also, based on beating Red (I think), you can challenge all 16 Gym Leaders again by catching them away from their gyms at certain times and registering their phone number, then calling them at a certain time for a rematch.
You can get their numbers before you beat Red. I haven't challenged him yet as I'm waiting on a friend, though I have both Blaine and Morty in the Fighting Dojo at the moment.
Crystal Hikara said:
Also, through some sort of sidequests, you can catch either Kyogre or Groudon (depending on version) in game, as well as Rayquaza. I'm unsure of the exact requirements on how to meet them, but I think 16 badges is one of them.
I think you also have to beat Red. I went to Mr. Pokémon (Who gives you the correct orb corresponding to you game), and he didn't give me anything.

If you're counting daily/weekly events in general, there's a few other things. Every day the Bug-Catching Contest isn't on, the S.S. Aqua leaves port from either Olivine City or Vermillion City. You can challenge some trainers, and the captain gives you a random plate. Apricorns grow back everyday, and Kurt makes you a type of Ball everyday. On Route 16 (before the gate to Cycling Road), there's a tree you can cut down that leads to a house that has an elderly man who asks you if you want to hear something trendy. Every day, he tells you something, and this word or phrase gets added to your in-game vocabulary. You have the lottery in Goldenrod City that you can play everyday. If one of your Pokémon's ID number matches this number, you get free and sometimes extrememly valuable items. There's Buena's Password (which you can find on the lower right corner automatic tuner at specific hours). She broadcasts a password that you later give her on the second floor of the Goldenrod Radio Tower. I'm not entirely sure of the benefits of this, but it probably has something good in it. The shop at the Pokéathlon where you can trade Athlete Points for items changes daily. And lastly, there's a little lottery at the top of the Goldenrod City department store. You pay 300, and you can get prizes that change day-to-day. You seem to be able to get first prize once a day, however.

And at the above poster:
ace11 said:
Is there an Item like the PokeRadar in DPP? Thanks!

I haven't come across one, sadly.

No PokeRadar to my knowledge, but if you do tune into Mary and Oak's show in Johto you can hear about Swarming Pokemon if you listen long enough. ;D

I know for Kyogre/Groudon, you go to Oak, and he gives you the orb. No idea what the requirements are since I did that event after I beat everything =P

I cannot catch Ho-oh!
How long did it take you guys to catch it (# of balls)?

On my Sousilver, about 20-30 minutes only because I had some dying DSs

It took me about...5-6 seconds? Course, soft-resetting it took me a few hours. As soon as I saw that it was Shiny, I threw a masterball, and voila =P

I still haven't caught Ho-Oh, but that's because I refuse to use my Masterball. However, apparently my friend's friend was having massive trouble catching Ho-Oh. I think he was at it for a few hours. And then she caught it for him in a Pokeball.

Given the catch rate, I'd say that the best thing to do is to 1) get a LV. 100 Pokemon (rock/dark/fire type preferrably) and bring it out for some Level Ball action after you whittle Ho-Oh down to near nothing. I know in GSC that ALWAYS did the trick, even if Ho-Oh was like Lv. 70. oooor 2) Masterball it. oooooooor 3) Use Dusk Balls at night time and pray to the gods it stays inside.

Yeaaaah it could take you a while. Be sure to bring some Full Restores because that Sacred Fire's...I can't even say how frustrating it is.

what pokemon can be caught soon after recieving your starter in hgss need to make up my nicknames before i get it after school tommorow :D

what do you have to do to get max revives? not the random items on the ground but at the pokemart.

They're so useful to the point that you can't buy them. I think the only ways you can get an unlimited supply is by Pickup and smashing rocks.

Fly-Gon said:
what pokemon can be caught soon after recieving your starter in hgss need to make up my nicknames before i get it after school tommorow :D

In both versions, you can catch Sentret, Pidgey and at night Hoothoots. In HG you can catch Caterpie and in SS you can get Weedle.

Hmph. Who/Where is the Karate King? (Supposedly the way to get Tyrouge in HG/SS).

The Karate King is the Fighting Dojo's leader, defeated by Red 3 years ago. (Probably. Made that up on the spot.) He's in Mt. Mortar, though it's a tad bit complicated. First, you have to start fromm either Ecruteak or Mohogany, of course. Instead of going in the cave on either side, surf past the ponds to the middle, where there will be another entrance. Go in here and go up the waterfall. From there, I can't really give specific directions at the moment. Just be weary of ledges.

No, you get Latias in HG IIRC.

dmaster out.

Yah, the only way to get Latios in HG is through the Enigma Crystal/Stone event. (Already happened in Japan, so either you got it then, or you hack for the event.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back