DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The HG/SS Question and Answers thread

PMJ, It's possible that your Pokemon has reached its maximum beauty. How many times did you have the same Pokemon massaged?

How many Pokemon do you need to catch it complete the National Dex?
I have heard you just need the non event Pokemon, is this true?

Not possible. She doesn't blindly massage my lead - she asks which Pokemon to massage.

I can't get her to ask me. All she does is talk about drinking tea.

My Pokemon has been massaged twice, and it's only a 32-point increase, so I doubt your theories are true.

Muddy68 said:
How many Pokemon do you need to catch it complete the National Dex?
I have heard you just need the non event Pokemon, is this true?

Yes, though techinically speaking Jirachi, Manaphy, Phione and Mew aren't events. But you still don't need them.

If you mean a number of different Pokémon you need to obtain to complete the National Pokédex, it would be 484.

I think I know why Daisy's being such a jerk.

She just offered to massage my Pokemon, which leads me to believe she does it once every 24 hours rather than once a day.

I'll try again tomorrow and see.

RE: The D/P/P Questions and Answers Thread

If I have Italian game and my friend has an English one, and we trade pokemons, is the chance of getting shiny baby going up or staying the same (pokemon names are the same in both versions)? 'cause i know if you get a foreign pokemon and breed it with one of your own that there's increased chance of getting a shiny baby, but i'm not sure if that works for these two games since pokemon names are the same (mine was bought in italy, and his in croatia).

Okay, I have a really easy question that can be answered, but I don't know where to ask, so I figured here would be easier than anywhere else.

I'm working on a strategy that involves the use of Trick, however, it being a move tutor move, I don't want to waste shards/BP, only to have my strategy backfire.

Here's the question:

Let's say I have Houndoom out, and my opponent has, say, Starmie. Now, Starmie uses Surf, but I switch to, say, Celebi. Celebi takes the hit. Now, the following turn I use trick and my opponent chooses Ice Beam. I go first, due to Choice Scarf, and switch my scarf for their expert belt (I dunno), and they go to use their move.

What move is locked into the Choice Scarf? Ice Beam or Surf?

Ice Beam. Starmie isn't locked into a move until it uses a move while the Choice item is equipped.

In other news, I was right about Daisy. It's a 24-hour deal.

Does anyone know when Zapdos appears outside the Power Plant? Serebii says it's after you get all the badges, but I'm hesitant to believe it since Serebii also says Articuno can't be obtained until 16 badges, and I know from personal experience this is untrue (I caught him when I had 14 badges, before I even set foot in Blaine's Gym).

edit Also, when is Jasmine supposed to call you to offer you a trade? I've defeated her Dojo team already.

PMJ-He didn't appear for me until I had done the whole Power Plant affair, and got all the Badges. Hope this helps :]

I forgot if she called or not, but you talk to her twice when she's on the gym. The first time she'd go shy then the next convo she'd offer the trade.

Huh. I went there and she offered the trade after talking to her twice. Weird. I don't know how I thought she had to call me... SPP says just go see her too which is really weird.

Okay... I need your help, dudes and dudettes.

Bulbapedia has no moves listed for Silver's L50 Meganium and Feraligatr (the battle at Mt. Moon).

Obviously, there is no way I can find out what those movesets are since I chose Chikorita, so if any of you guys are near that point and started with Cyndaquil or Totodile and could tell me what those Pokemon's movesets are, that'd be really helpful =]

Or if any of you guys that have already done it and remember any moves from that fight (unless you play with shift, switched in weakness, and nuked them in one hit), let me know, cause I have zero to work with.

Waterfall, Ice Fang, Crunch, and Slash for Feraligatr; Petal Dance, PoisonPowder, Synthesis, and Light Screen for Meganium.

How do you know this?

I have a question.
During the end of a Pokeathlon the announcer gives the trainers points (the very beginning)
what is that determined by?

PMJ said:
How do you know this?

The internet. 8D

Plus, I can personally conform Feraligatr's set, because I started with Cyndaquil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back