DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The HG/SS Question and Answers thread

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/deducing_secret_id

berquet: that gives you the way to get your SID. red gyarados counts a a shiny pokemon as long as its not EV trained(if it gain exp its gained EV's) in that case use EV reducing berries and then continue with this. heres is the RNG guide for HGSS also: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2751946&postcount=7

SoulSilver1999 said:
How do you beat the Pokeathlon Skill Course? I've tried it a bunch of times and I lost on all of them. It is so hard.

What about my question?

It's not that hard. For Snow Throw, I would just throw to your left or right. It will up your accuracy and drain your opponents stamina easily, raising your score. For Goal Roll, keep two pokemon as a goalie, one as an attacker. If you pokemon gets tired, swap them out for a goalie. Power and Stamina will work well here. I never do well for Pennent Capture, but I would suggest going around the box once and get as many as you can. Hope this helped!

I have a question! Right now in my timezone is the time when I could call Picnicker Liz for a rematch, but she keeps telling me her stupid little period-filled message instead.

Why won't she rematch me? I am calling her during the right time!

Is it the right day?

Yes. Every Thursday from 10 A.M. to 8 P.M.

Right now in my timezone, it's 6:37, and I've called her 10 times, and she still responds with her annoying message. I'd post it, but I imagine everyone knows it's annoying.

Does anyone know if I get a Japanese Celebi from the Global Link, if it will activate the Giovani Event in my English HG/SS?

Is there an easier way to get shinies or is it just luck/chance?

- Jolteon
135.png

Zekrom78 said:
Does anyone know if I get a Japanese Celebi from the Global Link, if it will activate the Giovani Event in my English HG/SS?

If you have the Movie Celebi from Japan, it will, as I have done it before.

Jolteon said:
Is there an easier way to get shinies or is it just luck/chance?

- Jolteon
135.png

Good question. There's the Masuda Method, where you breed one of you Pokémon with a Pokémon from another country. (Can't be Floppy the Magikarp or Lt. Surge's Pikachu, since the Pokémon is still coming from your game.) This cuts the chances to 1 in 2048.

There's also chaining, which is fairly easy. There's two guides on PB here and here. It involves the Pokéradar. You'll need a ton of Max Repels, but it still works nicely if you're patient enough.

Then, of course, there's RNG abuse. It's pretty hard in the way that you need a non-chained shiny already and that there's a lot of math and timing involved, but if you get it right, you can time legendary encounters, eggs, and wild Pokémon to give you shinies. There's a couple guides on Smogon here. You might have more trouble with RNG in HG/SS because the guides weren't tailored toward them, but you might be able to figure it out.

Since you posted in the HG/SS Questions and Answers thread, I can assume that most of this information won't help. But still, it's good to know.

^ I use a Japanese shiny Flareon with another random Eeveelution, for example.

~SS

I have a question. If I breed Bagon for the egg move Dragon Dance, then have a separate Bagon I bred for Dragon Rush, could I somehow get Rush and Dance on one Bagon.

Not in the direct way of breeding a Bagon with one move, breeding another with another move and getting a last Bagon with both. But a quick search on Bulbapedia for Egg Moves led me to an Egg Move calculator, which in turn led to this.

If I have a pokemon, switch it out, and kill the enemy pokemon, will both my pokemon get the EVS?

The Flaming Ho-oh said:
YES, it will.

Thank you kindly. If

Magikarp has the Power Bracer on, switched out, and has tyranitar kill the enemy goldeen, will Magikarp get

+1 Attack ev
+4 Attack evs?

I believe it is5 for carp and 1 for t-tar but IDK really, Id need to check it on my game where I have a EV checker. Sry. Just teach magikarp tackle or bounce first so it can fend for itself though eh?

I cannot... Because I... Oh, day care?

EDIT:
I'm going for At: 252 SpA:256 Dragonite.

So far, I've fed it 10 proteins and 10 calciums, then,

I defeated fifteen goldeen with pokerus and power bracer, than 1 without power bracer.

Have I earned 252 At Evs, and 100 Sp, A evs?

What's the best team to use in HG/SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back