DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The D/P/P Questions and Answers Thread

From that lady in the Television buliding, she gives you prizes for matching the lottery tickets.... What are all the prizes you can earn from her?

The lady (Felecity, her name is in Platinum/HGSS) gives you:

4th Prize - Dressing Background/Ultra Ball (one number matched; you can only get Ultra Balls in Platinum, after you run out of available backgrounds)

3rd Prize - PP Up (two numbers matched)

2nd Prize - EXP Share (three numbers matched)

1st Prize - Max Revive (four numbers)

Jackpot - Master Ball (all five)

...If you want to shoot for the big prizes, the lottery luckily changes even if you mess around with the clock (setting it to 23:59 and advancing to the next day). Personally I have a lot of random Pokémon from the GTS, which helps a lot too -- I even hit the jackpot once randomly, it's kinda cool because the lady gets all excited and freaks out a bit :p. Hope this is what you're looking for!

LOL. Yes it was, thank you. And do you know what you earn in Pearl/Diamond/HGSS if you run out of backdrops?

Well HGSS is the same system as Platinum, but unfortunately in DP there's no other prizes after you run out...

RE: The HG/SS Question and Answers thread

don't forget about bruno's machamp. he can use stone edge to do ton of damage to lugia

- IVs are random, right? So is it possible that a hatched Pokemon can have better IVs than one or both of it's parents?

- Is there a way to have a Lv 100 battle that's not WiFi?

RobAlister said:
- IVs are random, right? So is it possible that a hatched Pokemon can have better IVs than one or both of it's parents?

- Is there a way to have a Lv 100 battle that's not WiFi?

IVs are random, yet some IVs are randomly picked straight from the parent's IVs. It is possible to have better ones if both parent's IVs are good in different stats.

dmaster out.

I'm doing a playthrough of Pearl in which, after I beat a gym leader, I "get" their main pokemon - basically I trade it at the same level over to my game. However, that means that Roark's Level 14 cranidos is not obeying me, since only pokemon up to level ten obey you at that point.

SO, I am wondering, if its happiness is raised, will its obey me more? Or, does happiness have absolutely nothing to do with it?

With traded Pokemon, The number of badges is vital to your traded pokemon's obedience.

If you trade over a bunch of pokemon at level one to your game to train, the first two gyms are hard as hell. I only did it once, and my Skarmory (Who was my last poke) got a critical Pluck on her Roserade.

Also, what will you do when you beat the 7th gym? Are you going to drop one?

In regards to hapiness itself, as far as I know the actual hapiness level of the Pokémon (0-255) doesn't have an effect on the chances of an over-leveled Pokémon obeying in battle. However one thing I've personally noticed is that the actual level itself does matter -- the lower the level, the better chances of obeying, so for example, your Cranidos has a much better chance of obeying on a particular turn than say, a level 70 Giratina. I don't know the exact math that might be behind this though, I wish I could tell you more but I've never really bothered to look into it, I always just took it as a pain in the neck :)...

@ MetalFire: Yes. You can get one from your Mom who buys it with your savings. I said you can, because I think the items you can get are all randomized.

You can also find one searching through the bottom right ruin chamber in the Ruins of the Alph. (After you solve the chambers puzzle and the Unown puzzle at the back of the chamber.

^you can also get one from the prize exchange at the pokeathlon dome on certain days

I hate to be beating the dead horse here :p, but for anyone else with the same question, the Pokéwalker is also a great resource to get Moonstones and similar items -- there's a considerably high chance to get a Moon Stone if you're on the Night Sky's Edge route (30% @ +5000 steps), and you can potentially get four of them within one transfer.

in celadon city next to the game corner where you get the prizes the is a dude in the right top corner talk to him and he will tell you

I was wondering if the GTS cloning glitch was fixed? I remember hearing something about it, but I'm not sure if it's true. Thanks.

The glitch was patched in Platinum and carries over to subsequent games, but there wasn't any sort of software update to remove it in DP, so you can still use the duplication glitch as normal in those titles.

I have a question myself -- is there a trainer in Sinnoh who has only Pokémon with Special Defense EV yields? I've been doing EV training for Sp.DFN on wild Tentacruel in Route 223 for the longest time, but it's a bit more frustrating because I have to sit through more animations since I'm battling individual wild Pokémon, and the abundance of Pelipper really gets in the way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back