DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The HG/SS Question and Answers thread

No one hasn't said but i have been asked a few times before where to get the forms for Rotom. I didn't know then but I have just found out. You go to Silph.co with Rotom and no one is there go to the elevator that is out of order and you will be able to go in it with Rotom. The second floor has the appliances that Rotom can turn into there. I hope this helps!:D

I have a question concerning the Safari Zone -- I'm playing a friend's SoulSilver and I just showed Baoba the Geodude for the first owner aptitude test. How long do I have to wait before he calls me for the second test? I've looked at sources that say anywhere from a few hours to a full day, is there anyway I can cheat the system (like setting the clock to 23:59) to fast-foward this process, and do I have to be playing the game for a full day, or can I just leave it open in one spot or put the game in sleep mode/turn the DS off? Otherwise, is there any way I can get to the Savannah location before unlocking customization (that's what I'm trying to do here)? Thanks in advance...

Sleep Mode should work for the 24 hours. You don't have to leave the actual DS on and actually play while you wait (that'd be kinda silly). I wouldn't try to speed up the time because I've needed to correct the time after and you have to wait just as long.

dmaster out.

I have a question,how do you beat Red.I bet most of the people beat Red lots of times but I can not beat him .A lso I want to know how to catch mewtwo.To me it is very hard to describe how confusing it is to find him in that maze .It looks like you can just walk up and catch mewtwo .I hope who ever you are you can help

I can answer you regarding Red; since his time is in the mid-80s, basically, you just need to raise a team that is stronger than his is. You're constantly fighting in a blizzard, which isn't much help for you. If you make a team that revolves around Tyranitar, you might be able to turn that to your advantage, as it will make his Blizzard attacks go down to 70% accuracy and hurt all of his team members a little bit, since his Lapras is downright evil. You will also want to pack a lot of healing items, and a Ground-type lead is recommended, because he starts with Pikachu, who can outspeed and sweep you quite easily.

Hi, um, I just got HeartGold a few days ago. I've beaten all 8 Johto Gym Leaders (Clair was the only one who beat me, it was a total catastrophe when my Magneton fainted) and I'm set to battle the five Kimono girls. I've already lost once. Help, I can't figure out how to beat the fourth one with Jolteon!

My current team is Sandshrew, Magneton, Feraligatr, the Red Gyarados, Dratini (I just got it), and another Pokémon which I can't remember (DS died and I can't find the charger!). Any ideas?

You should be able to wall with Magneton. If it knows Tri Attack it shouldn't be that hard, and its typing allows you to resist most of its attacks. The last one has Vaporeon, and it's very hard to kill even with an Electric type.

For the last two it's a battle of attrition - wear them down before they wear you down. Wall like you have never walled before.

OK, got my charger, so now I can give you details.

I currently have:

Dratini Lv.15
ExtremeSpeed
Thunder Wave
Dragon Pulse
Dragon Rage

Sandslash Lv.22
Cut
Dig
Strength
Rock Smash

Noctowl Lv.22
Confusion
Fly
Peck
Hypnosis

Magneton Lv.31
Magnet Bomb
ThunderShock
Lock-On
SonicBoom

Red Gyarados Lv.32
Ice Fang
Dragon Rage
Waterfall
Whirlpool

Feraligatr Lv.42
Ice Fang
Surf
Headbutt
Hydro Cannon

Start level-grinding against wild Pokemon. Your team is in rather poor shape for the place you're at in your game. Get to work, and get some more comfortable levels! Having multiple level 35+ Pokemon is advisable.

ok with event pokemon (example my shiny raikou i just got) that have exclusive moves if i replace them can i use a heart scale to reteach those moves or are they gone forever?

probably not. but i dont know as to ive never got a shiny pokemon in soulsilver -__-

They are gone forever. Don't delete Aura Sphere on that Raikou, its too good to pass up.

Heart Scales can only reteach moves a Pokemon learns by level-up only. It cannot reteach any other kind of move.

pshhhh i would never get rid of aura sphere...now weather ball on the other hand....

@ dent i was talking about event poke. ive never run into a shiny in HG eather. i wish i would soon....

do you mean SS exclusive or ones that you can get in SS. my gyrados can learn surf, whirlpool, waterfall, and strength. im sure there are many others

Just SS period. Gyrados, hmm. Ill have to evolve my magikarp. Im only past the fifth gym right now. Any others?

Another question: What does the RageCandyBar do for you?

Tauros is another one. he can learn surf, whirlpool, rock smash, strength, and rock climb. you chould be able to catch one right now on route 38, or 39, or 48, or the safari zone

Ragecandybar is now a key item; you're supposed to give it to somebody to make something happen...
/me checks
Ah yes. In the Underground Path (between Cerulean and Vermilion), you can swap it with the guy down there for a TM64 (Explosion).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back