DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The HG/SS Question and Answers thread

Ummmm.... How do I restart HGSS? I go to the title screen and push down the select button and the b button. Am I just missing a step or no? http://pokebeach.com/forums/images/smilies/sad.gif

This eHow tutorial says the combination uses up on the + Control Pad, not down. I can't personally test this, since I don't want to risk anything, but try that.

^In D/P when you do that, it gives a double confirmation of whether or not you want to delete your file (i.e. it asks you two Yes/No questions, and you must answer Yes both times to go ahead and zap your game), so I'd assume that HG is the same way.

Yeah, it's the same way –– it's Up/B/Select, and when pressed on the title screen it comes up with the characteristic blue screen (the same one that comes up when your save file is corrupted). The only difference is that the game reminds you that all Pokéwalker data is deleted as well once you get rid of the game card data (on the second confirmation), so ShipperGirl855, you might want to check your Pokéwalker too if you think there's anything of particular interest on it. If you decline to restart the save file at any given point on the "blue screen," the game just resets normally like a soft-reset (or if you've ever received a Wonder Card, the same way it resets after you receive the gift), so there's no risk of anything getting deleted.

Hey guys,
I just got the Celebi from the Gamestop event. I'm curious if it's possible to soft reset for a shiny one on Diamond. Thanks!

As far as Nintendo events go, either they're shiny, or they aren't.
So I'd recommend just trying to get a good IV spread.

RE: The 4th Generation Questions and Answers Thread

where can i find a fire stone in Heartgold?

You can win them in the Bug Catching Contest, or buy them from the Pokeathlon Dome on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday for 2500 points. There are a few other ways, so just ask if you need them.

there are other ways to? like? im only at olivine city but i have fly so i can go looking for them

Well, the only other way is to show Bill's grandfather a Growlithe, but he's on Route 25, which you can't get to until the end of the game. :(

its sunday and i can't buy a fire stone

it the right day on my ds but the pokeathilon dome isnt selling fire stones!

I am very sorry that I didn't note it before, but you DO need the National Pokedex if you try to buy a Fire Stone on any day besides Tuesday. Oops.

Edit: @pokemon99 Yes, that's what I mean.

You can change your DS date to Tuesday though and you are able to get a firestone if I understand ChariBlaze correctly.

Floatzel@Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Speed
Ice Punch
Waterfall
Bulk Up
Aqua Jet

Hey guys.

Okay, so my Garchomp right now is at LV.50 and I'm trying to teach it Earthquake. The problem is, I've been to the Move Tutor and Outrage doesn't show up. Am I forgetting something? Or doe it need to be at a higher level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back