DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The 4th Generation Questions and Answers Thread

Do you have the 6 Red Shards and 2 Yellow Shards needed? I had a bit of the same problem when I tried to teach Earth Power to my Gible.

Yeah, you'll only be able to see moves you can actually learn with the shards you have on hand.

Wait, I don't get it. I'm on Platinum, and he wants a Heart Scale... I do have x2 Yellow Shards, but I don't have x6 Red Shards...is that the problem?

1. You're at the wrong move tutor. The one who teaches Outrage is at the Survival Area, not Pastoria City.
  2. Yes, having a lack of shards is part of the problem, and you will need them to teach your Garchomp Outrage.

Thank Chariblaze.

So now I'm trying to chain for a shiny, but I need a few questions answered.

1) What is soft-reseting and how does it help?

2) If I save and soft-reset, does the chain continue?

3) Does soft-reseting help to get more than one shiny? Is the original shiny saved?

Thanks to anyone who can clear this up.

I'm not a chainer, so don't take my answers as fact, but:

1) I don't think it has anything to do with chaining.

2) No.

3) I don't think so.

1) What is soft-reseting and how does it help?
SRing is reseting by pressing L+R+Start+Select at the same time. It doesn't help when chaining.

2) If I save and soft-reset, does the chain continue?
If you have already seen the shiny patch, then I BELIEVE you can SR for a different nature.

3) Does soft-reseting help to get more than one shiny? Is the original shiny saved?
No, it MAY change the nature + IV's though. No, only one shiny, and it isn't saved.

Thanks guys.

So now I'm leveling up my Garchomp, and I feel like it needs a partner. Something
like a Pokemon that can do good before Garchomp comes in to battle or after it faints. Like the Skarmbliss combo. Any ideas?

One word: Tyranitar.

^That's what I was thinking, to combo with Sand Veil. Could Hippowdon be a better choice?

Tyranitar's better than Hippowdon, but Hippowdon's a bit more of a tank. Either works - Tyranitar's just better.

If you ran a full sandstorm team, T-Tar is better...

If you run a full sandstorm team, you generally use both of them. Just saying. :p

^I'm not running a full Sandstorm Team. With Hippowdon I can check for possible threats and see if sending in Garchomp is the right idea. But T-Tar's awesome in general. I don't know, I'll have to think about it...

is it possible for breloom with max ev and iv with a positive speed nature holding choice scarf to reach 393 speed?

Okay. I've decided I'm going to make a full Sandstorm team, but I'm completely clueless. Any ideas for a team besides Garchomp, Hippowdon, and Tyranitar?

Aerodactyl, Frretress, Heatran, Gliscor, Cacturne, Rhyperior, Lucario, Bronzong, etc...

Read this. It'll help you. http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/sandstorm_teams

Thanks.

Now that my Garchomp is done, I need to get my Hippowdon EV Trained. Problem: I've hatched 30+ eggs to get an Impish Hippopotas, and not ONE has been Impish. Is there a problem I'm not aware of?

BTW, I'm breeding with two Hippos, not Ditto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back