DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The D/P Questions and Answers Thread

How do you soft reset , I always wanted to know that.

Also what are IVs and EVs and how do you train them

The only way to clone in D/P is via GTS. That or an/a AR/Gameshark.

dmaster out.

Lieutenant Houndoom said:
THe formula is double the Base Stat, add EV's divided by four, multiply it by your level divided by 100, then add your IVs...

For HP, add your level again, and add 10.
For other stats, add 5.

Ultimately, at level 100, your HP stat is 2xBase+141, and the others are 2xBase+36, without EVs. With EVs, it maxes out at +204 for HP and +99 for other stats.

thank you :]

one more question. say i have togekiss out, my opponent is paralyzed and i use air slash, does the 25% chance of not attacking and the 60% chance of flinch combine to cause an 85% of my opponent not attacking? i would think so but am not entirely sure.

Shedinja said:
Lieutenant Houndoom said:
THe formula is double the Base Stat, add EV's divided by four, multiply it by your level divided by 100, then add your IVs...

For HP, add your level again, and add 10.
For other stats, add 5.

Ultimately, at level 100, your HP stat is 2xBase+141, and the others are 2xBase+36, without EVs. With EVs, it maxes out at +204 for HP and +99 for other stats.

thank you :]

one more question. say I have togekiss out, my opponent is paralyzed and I use air slash, does the 25% chance of not attacking and the 60% chance of flinch combine to cause an 85% of my opponent not attacking? I would think so but am not entirely sure.
Yes it does
Its called Para-Flinch
its common with togekiss users

Shedinja said:
one more question. say I have togekiss out, my opponent is paralyzed and I use air slash, does the 25% chance of not attacking and the 60% chance of flinch combine to cause an 85% of my opponent not attacking? I would think so but am not entirely sure.

Yes, they do. Speaking of which, whenever you really want to piss someone off, do that.

I have 2 questions

1.) Say I breed like 30 eevees
the stats are like (all lv.1s)

the one with 5 sixs is better right?
and is it rare to get 5 sixs?

2.) If I attach a shell bell to a pokemon while breeding , does it do anything?

It's only a 70% chance. There is a 25% chance of the remaining 40% after flinch in which your opponent may attack. Regardless, it's still incrediably irriatting to defeat; if you can't OHKO it and you're faster, you're going to be creamed from Thunder Wave. Priority moves work well, though.

Lion king said:

It's a level one, meaning you can't discern IVs at all from it. Just look at what Serebii's IV calculator (Assuming neutral nature, because you didn't specify one):

Atk: 0-31
Def: 0-31
SAtk: 10-31
SDef: 0-31
Spe: 0-31

At best, you could have 5 flawless stats. At worst, you could have four stats with 0 IVs. On average, you'll have something in between. If you want to see differences in their stats (enough to actually discern IVs), you'll need to level up quite a bit (if you use Metalkid's IV Calculator, you can get good results by level 10).

No. The only items that do anything are Everstones, Light Balls, and certain Incenses.

Lion king said:
I have 2 questions

shell bell makes them friendlier right? and friendliness only accumulates when the Pokémon is in your party with you walking around.

It is rare to get 5 sixes. You usually can't tell much, but if you get 5 sixes usually you have a neutral nature since a non-neutral nature would typically produce a 4 or 5

Sorrry if this is the wrong place, but I thought this question belonged here:

Is this Regice good?

Regice

Gentle Nature

IVs: 21/28/10/22/30/18

The moveset I'm going to use is Ice Beam, Thunder Bolt, Thunder Wave and Rest. The EV spread will be: 252 Sp.Def 180 Sp. Atk and 78 HP.

I don't want opinion on the moveset/EV spread, just want to know if the IVs are good for it.

ZuJoveNI said:
Sorrry if this is the wrong place, but I thought this question belonged here:

Is this Regice good?

Regice

Gentle Nature

IVs: 21/28/10/22/30/18

The moveset I'm going to use is Ice Beam, Thunder Bolt, Thunder Wave and Rest. The EV spread will be: 252 Sp.Def 180 Sp. Atk and 78 HP.

I don't want opinion on the moveset/EV spread, just want to know if the IVs are good for it.

Your special attack seems a bit low.

Stopped reading at Gentle nature. Ew. As low as his Def may be, Regice still doesn't like it being lowered more than necessary.

Today, in snowpoint, it wasn't snowing. Glittery things were coming down instead.
why is that and what does it mean???

agustinj said:
Today, in snowpoint, it wasn't snowing. Glittery things were coming down instead.
why is that and what does it mean?

I think it might have something to do with one of the developer's birthdays.

Apparently that happens if you have a certain day on your DS calendar.

That's diamond dust- it occurs only on specific days. I think the last time it occurred was some time in January. :/

The GTS has been lagging lately, but I don't hack.... help?

Me too, it freezes in places, and my wifi works perfectly for battles and trades. I posted this question like 20 minutes ago in the wrong forum, didn't know about this thread though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back