DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Questions and Answers Thread (All generations, excluding 5th)

When breeding, 3 IVs total are passed down, not 3 IVs from each parent...

I know that. Is there a specific ratio that the fourth randomized IV will be 31 (with the IV spreads provided)?

So 3 IV's are passed down?? Does this mean for the same stats with the highest IV's or is it random? If I were to breed say a Charizard with Maxed HP and SP ATK and 4 on Speed with a Ditton with high IV's in the same areas would those IV pass down to the Charmander in the same areas or would they be mixed IV's on different stats? I know it sounds confusing XD.:)

I know that. Is there a specific ratio that the fourth randomized IV will be 31 (with the IV spreads provided)?
For all the IVs that weren't passed down, the odds are 1 in 32 for each one (any one number from 0 to 31).

The IVs passed down in question are random.

Let's say for the sake of example I have a mom with 28 IVs in every stat, and a dad with 25 IVs in every stat. Now for some scenarios. Let's assume I have no Power items.

The IVs passed down for scenario 1 are dad's HP, mom's Atk, and mom's Speed, in that order. The baby will have 28/25/x/x/x/25 IV spread, where x is a random integer from 0 to 31.

The IVs passed down for scenario 2 are dad's HP, mom's Atk, and mom's HP, in that order. The baby will have 25/25/x/x/x/x IV spread.

The IVs passed down for scenario 3 are dad's Sp. Atk, mom's Sp. Atk, and dad's Sp. Atk. The baby will have x/x/x/28/x/x IV spread.

If you use a Power Item (this applies for HGSS-onward), that IV will be sure to pass down and not be overwritten. It will count towards 1 of the 3 which are passed down.

Man that sounds so confusing. Now I know why they did not make this stuff visible without a cheat device XD. That is why they keep this stuff hidden. No wonder it is because it is hard to understand for me anyway XD.:)

It's not that complicated.

Out of the 12 IV's, only 3 are passed down. A power item guarantees that that that stat is passed down.

If only 3 are passed down how do you know which stats they are applied to XD?:)

xxashxx said:
If only 3 are passed down how do you know which stats they are applied to XD?:)
You use an IV calculator, obviously.

I have heard of these looked at one on Serebii but it looks really complicated to operate XD. In the future will these ever become visable so we don't have to keep cheating to find out which IV's each Pokemon has? You would think after all this time they would make it easier this way XD.:)

It's not cheating... And it's not that hard to do.

Easiest way to do it.

1. get the Pokemon
2. go into a Wi-Fi battle with someone at level 100
3. check the Pokemon's level 100 stats
4. put them into the IV calculator

TA-DA!

^this

You basically do it as soon as you get the Pokemon with no EVs on it whatsoever.

This is the IV calculator I use; it's incredibly simple to use and there aren't a lot of bells and whistles. Even in Gen 5 where you can only auto-level to level 50 (Battle Subway), the method is extremely accurate; you have an error margin of only 1 in that case. (Of course, if they're level 100, there is practically no error margin, save for IVs in stats reduced by nature, and even those you can just ignore, really.)

Oh ok. I can battle myself as I have 2 DS's now. Thanks XD. Was just wondering for future reference. I am not a competitor but sometimes people ask me stuff I have no clue about or can help them with EV's. All I am good at is the moveset for the highest 2 stats at level 100 that's it XD.:)

Does anyone know any good wild battle places for grinding in Emerald? I really want to be around level 43 for Juan.

Before the 8th gym huh? First off, battle all the trainers in the gym itself. Once you run out there, I guess you can head to the route right before Lilycove City. Fishing in Mossdeep is really good too.

Or better yet, go back to Sky Tower after setting off Rayquaza. There are tons of high-leveled Pokemon there (Claydol, Altaria, etc.).

And catch Rayquaza too. That will help in the near future.

I would use Rayquaza, however since I'm using a mono-water team it wouldn't fit in.
But thanks for the advice :)

You could still catch him and have him sit in a box :p

Q. What would be a good moveset for Sharpedo?

Crunch and Surf/Waterfall are a must. EQ could be used as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back