DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The D/P/P Questions and Answers Thread

FireMeowth said:
TofU said:
D: What a waste of a few days, because when you go on the PokeDex it says they're found on Route 230.
Yeah. I just checked, and it DOES say Togepi can be found on route 230. Weird. o-O
And I have numerous search results backing up my statement, along with the fact that you have to find it using the Poke-Radar.
So do I. Bulbapedia, among others, says you can only get one from Cynthia (without breeding).

So either you're horribly incorrect, or my game just sucks. :S
I might not be correct, but who knows? I spent some days looking for a Togepi there myself, and never found one.

...It wouldn't make sense for it to be found with the Poké Radar anyways, seeing as it's in the Sinnoh Pokédex. o.o

you do have to use poke radar it says so in my handy dandy guide! lol

Darkrai master said:
Does anybody know how to breed for dittos?

Put 2 Ditto's in Day Care? I'll check my R/S/E pokedex dingy and see if Ditto's listed under the "No Eggs" group.

^No; you can't breed Ditto with itself; the only way to get more is to actually catch them.

It'd be in the "No Eggs" group then. ;)
So, yeah. Catch on Emerald, then migrate.

Why catch on Emerald? They're easily catchable in the Route east of Canalave (with a Poké Radar).

My bad... :F I just got Pearl this year, so I haven't used my supernatural memory on everything yet. :p (seriously, though. I've pretty much got Ruby/Sapphire version down in my brain... it's scary.)

FireMeowth said:
Why catch on Emerald? They're easily catchable in the Route east of Canalave (with a Poké Radar).
Because in Diamond and Pearl, they only have a 12% chance of appearing there with the PokeRadar, whereas in Emerald, you have a 50% chance of running into it in the Desert Underpass (and the only other Pokemon that have a chance of appearing are Whismur and Loudred):
http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/hoenn/desertunderpass.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/sinnoh/route218.shtml

And in Platinum, Ditto is even rarer, being one of the Daily Pokemon in Mr. Backlot's garden, and only having a 5% chance of appearing when it is:
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/location/132.shtml#platinum

Ditto isn't that hard to find in D/P, so I'd recommend find them in there and then trade to Pt.

dmaster out.

... I caught a Ditto near Canalave in Plat.
It was the first Pokémon I encountered with the Poké Radar, I believe. o-O

Huh, wouldn't have known since I haven't gone looking for them in Platinum yet. Guess that's something Serebii needs to fix.

Wow, my guide doesn't even say that. x_x

dmaster out.

Okkay heres a question. Well first off im ev training against a cyclist, i forgot his name but he has 2 starraptor, then later his party has a staraptor, dodrio, and farfetched, but everytime i battle him, he just has lvl 43 staraptors (it hink thats the level) and his party wont change, ive beaten the entire game, and battles him at least 30 times. Does anyone know how to get to the last leveled battle of a vs.seeker

Darkrai master said:
Does anybody know how to breed for dittos?

You can breed them togehter, i have before to get the natuers i needed for bredding with an everstone :D

^That's impossible; Ditto is genderless, so it can't breed with itself.

EDIT: Just tried it myself to confirm; the Daycare man will say "The two prefer to play with other Pokemon more than with each other" when you give two Ditto to his wife, which is the phrase he says when two Pokemon are incompatible with each other.

Yeah Naxie's right, sorry my bros got on and he posted that (he uses an action replay)

any one have an answer to my above question?

Anyone know where to find the orb that changes Giratina back to Orgin?

It's in the Distortion World, accessible from the Turnback Cave.

Vencargo said:
Okkay heres a question. Well first off im ev training against a cyclist, I forgot his name but he has 2 starraptor, then later his party has a staraptor, dodrio, and farfetched, but everytime I battle him, he just has lvl 43 staraptors (it hink thats the level) and his party wont change, ive beaten the entire game, and battles him at least 30 times. Does anyone know how to get to the last leveled battle of a vs.seeker

their is a guy on the bridge leading to eterna with six magikarp(a better choice)

What happens if you trade a Pokemon that is holding a Platinum orb over to Diamond or Pearl?

You can't. The Griseous Orb will go to your bag when entering the trading-thingy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back