DPPt/HGSS The Questions and Answers Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The D/P/P Questions and Answers Thread

chefz11 said:
Vencargo said:
Okkay heres a question. Well first off im ev training against a cyclist, I forgot his name but he has 2 starraptor, then later his party has a staraptor, dodrio, and farfetched, but everytime I battle him, he just has lvl 43 staraptors (it hink thats the level) and his party wont change, ive beaten the entire game, and battles him at least 30 times. Does anyone know how to get to the last leveled battle of a vs.seeker

their is a guy on the bridge leading to eterna with six magikarp(a better choice)

Thanks, but thats for speed, im training attack :D

First Post! Woot!

I use to play Pokemon games on my DS, and then I sold it last year. I just recently bought all the games and a new DS Lite on Ebay. Including all of the GBA games. I am pretty excited to start playing again.

I wanna beat each game, and catch all of the Pokemon. =D

Vencargo said:
Thanks, but thats for speed, im training attack :D

Try using the Super Rod in Twinleaf Town (or several other places). The only things you'll find are Gyarados and Seaking, which both give +2 Attack.

When you are breeding, is there a chance for a shiny to hatch from the egg?

^Yeah, the chance of it happening is 1/8192; the same chance as finding one in the wild.

Unless you know the RNG trick (I hatched 4 shinies in a week) ;)

EDIT: Also, using parents from two different-language games quadruples your chance of hatching a shiny; for example, breeding a Japanese Ditto with an English Gyarados gives you a 1/2048 chance of getting a shiny instead of 1/8192. Still pretty rare, though.

Hey, I was wondering, even though I can't bring Rotom forme's on wifi, will it retain it's move?

^No; it will lose the special move as well.

ok so here is the scenario: i need an item that makes a two-turn move, like focus punch, to be a one-turn move.... i know there is an item that does that but i just can't seem to remember which one.... if anyone can help me?

I believe you're thinking of Power Herb:
http://www.smogon.com/dp/items/power_herb

It doesn't work with Focus Punch though, since that's a one-turn move; you just go last that turn when you use it.

Basically, since focus punch only uses 1 turn, it just goes second (always), Mental Herb does not work on it.

Dezuray said:
Basically, since focus punch only uses 1 turn, it just goes second (always), Mental Herb does not work on it.

but i thought focus punch was a one turn and that hits the next turn.... so it automatically hits the second turn? ok so let me change this.... is there an item that can gurantee that focus punch will hit next turn?

Focus Punch is a one-turn attack. It charges at the beginning of the turn, and releases the punch at the end. If it is attacked in between, it can't use the attack.

And I'm quite sure there's no such item.

Another breeding question:

Would breeding say a shiny Linoone with a ditto, would it increase the chances of the egg being shiny?
I've heard Yes and No, so I want to be sure.

(Randy) said:
Another breeding question:

Would breeding say a shiny Linoone with a ditto, would it increase the chances of the egg being shiny?
I've heard Yes and No, so I want to be sure.

It only does that on Gold/Silver/Crystal, that's what I've heard. I believe it's if you breed 1 shiny with 1 normal, you get your chance doubled, and if you breed 2 shinies, it's quadrupled.

Does anybody know the secret to getting a Pokémon with good IV's? What, do you just hatch a hole bunch of eggs, or is there a secret to it?

But won't the ditto transform into the shiny pokemon, or just the regular form of it.
I've also heard ditto only copys the movesets, not natures,Evs,Stats, Etc.
It would be a great test to battle a wild ditto using a shiny and seeing if it looks like the normal form or a shiny form.

I've done it. It turns into the normal form. (My friend used a Ditto against my Shiny Machamp, and the Ditto was a normal Machamp).

In a battle, it copies the nature, stats, etc... but I don't think it does outside of a battle. I think it just copies the Pokémon it mates with... otherwise, it would be WAAAAAAAAY to easy to get Pokémon with good IV's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back